• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

toxxicxmodz

Unremarkable User
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hi. I am appealing a ban that occurred over 3 years ago. The reason for the ban is that I connected to a skial server using the same IP as a cheater. This happened because I posses ownership of an alt Steam account, created for CSGO smurfing but I forgot to buy CSGO during the sale so it was never used for that. The account however does own Payday the heist and Payday 2, both of which I used so I could replay the games on a clean slate. Due to the fact that this account owned both of these games, my brother (age 13 at the time) asked if he could have it in order to play both games. I gave it to him, and he did play both games for awhile. After he got bored with that, he downloaded a Visa debit card to purchase LMAObox and cheat in TF2. Honestly, it was a miracle that the account wasn't banned before it was, with 18 hours played. I suppose that his logic was that since the account was unimportant to me, it wouldn't matter if it was banned. We both were surprised when my main account was banned for possessing the same IP as the alt. The reason I did not appeal earlier is that I was mostly burned out of TF2 at the time and didn't see myself getting back into it. Now I have the urge to play again, but most community servers with a large playerbase are skial servers. I am not asking for the cheaters account to be unbanned. The ban was over 3 years ago and this is not even the same account as the cheater. I have close to 2k hours on TF2 and value the game very much, so this means a lot to me. Please consider my request. Thank you.​

toxxicxmodz

Unremarkable User
My apologies, I did not mean to say "he downloaded a Visa credit card to purchase LMAObox", I meant "he purchased a Visa credit card to download LMAObox". Small mistake.

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
We have a 0% tolerance policy for hacking on our servers regardless if it is you or your "brother" hacking. The accounts have to remain banned.

toxxicxmodz

Unremarkable User
We have a 0% tolerance policy for hacking on our servers regardless if it is you or your "brother" hacking. The accounts have to remain banned.

Except I wasn't banned for hacking, I was banned for sharing the same IP address. Yes I know the "brother" excuse is used often but that excuse usually goes, "My brother used my account, it was not me please unban me". Mine is not like that, it is not even the same Steam account. It makes infinitely more sense and is much more plausible imo.

toxxicxmodz

Unremarkable User
But we know it was you.

You won't be getting unbanned
You really don't. There are infinite reasons that a player could share the same IP address as a hacker. My explanation is one, but there are others. What if a player was using a public WiFi such as a hotel connection? What would happen then? You have just as much proof now as you would in a situation like that.

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You really don't. There are infinite reasons that a player could share the same IP address as a hacker. My explanation is one, but there are others. What if a player was using a public WiFi such as a hotel connection? What would happen then? You have just as much proof now as you would in a situation like that.

Your account is linked to an ip which is linked to a steam account with the same name and is banned for aimbotting:

LHb1qQ0.png

toxxicxmodz

Unremarkable User
Your account is linked to an ip which is linked to a steam account with the same name and is banned for aimbotting:
Yes, I did state in my original post that the account originally belonged to me but was only used by my brother to play both Payday games (as far as I was aware). Besides that, thank you for being respectful and not spamming my alerts with 'Dumb', unlike the other Moderator moitoring this thread.

Metroidz

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes, I did state in my original post that the account originally belonged to me but was only used by my brother to play both Payday games (as far as I was aware). Besides that, thank you for being respectful and not spamming my alerts with 'Dumb', unlike the other Moderator moitoring this thread.

You're welcome, it's been our pleasure. Have much fun on other servers!

toxxicxmodz

Unremarkable User
You're welcome, it's been our pleasure. Have much fun on other servers!
Alright, will do. I look forward to freeing myself of that cancer MOTD that plays ads over your game audio, anyway. I was going to install an ad blocking script to my game but now you have relieved me of that, so thank you I suppose.