• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smog

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I know my last post just got rejected a few days ago, but please hear me out:

I got banned from Skial forever because my friend used lmao*** at my LAN party.

Looks like your guidelines are pretty strict, but this type of moderating is honestly just counter-intuitive, since it will allow anyone to go onto someone's network and get them banned just because they were using the same network.
Now my friend goes untouched since he used a throwaway account, while I can never go onto a Skial server again just because I hosted a stupid Minecraft LAN party. And what's even worse is that if one of my other friends play TF2 at my house, they could risk getting banned forever just because they join a Skial server on my wifi.

This system isn't banning guilty people, it's banning innocent people who get used by guilty people.

Even if I don't get unbanned, please consider changing these rules in the future so that more people like me won't lose the pleasure of playing on your servers. Thanks.​

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
But it is in your responsibility to make sure, you do not let people use your network, that you can not trust. It is not our responsibility to find out who used it. All we see is it happened from your wifi. We block that IP.
You would do best to advice your friends to not connect to skial from your IP ever again.
Maybe we ban people that are innocent, because some idiots abused the freedom they were granted in somebody elses wifi, but what do you expect us to do? Send our local forces to your house and start an investigation?
Our informations show an IP was used to hack, we block it. That's how things work. You need to understand that our possibilities are limited, and whats best is, is to block the traffic from said IPs.
These sort of people are not friends. Friends don't do that kind of stuff.

Smog

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I am not asking you to find the culprit, I am simply asking you to unban me because of something I was not in control of. It is not possible for me to know if someone on my network is abusing said network without violating that person's privacy rights, and that is why I believe you should make an exception here. But if that does not make sense to you, so be it. I will be sad, but I will not be playing on skial ever again.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
As T-wayne and RMsniper said.. if we ban unban your IP we aren't sure if they will hack again. So it's best to keep the IP banned. As unfortunate as it sounds, you are responsible for your IP and the users who use it.

You will not be unbanned.

Reactions: Free Corner Fagg1
Status
Not open for further replies.