• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SKELeTRON | jumpacademy.tf

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I've been playing on this server for quite a while about 3 weeks maybe. I've met a lot of friends on the server and play on this server more than any other (exception the new update).

I literally opened tf2 and connected today and apparently I'm banned???
I'm generally a calm person I don't use text chat and rarely talk on the mic unless other people are.

I checked the reason and it just says my IP is banned and I'm not really sure why. I'm Jumpacademy staff and a former admin on railbait I know how to play friendly but I'm not sure why this ban is so. I have plenty of friends on my friends list John, Dubious Discharge, Holy Bagel, Moocher, Spooky Ginnicide. All of these people play on the borneo server with me from time to time and they can verify that I'm not some hacking $H17H34D.​

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Your IP was linked to an account that was banned for hacking on our servers. The account initially banned was this one
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/[U:1:294989918] which shares your IP address.

This account matches all the criteria for a throwaway, which leads me to be believe you created this account to try out some hacks, not knowing your main would be banned as well.

SKELeTRON | jumpacademy.tf

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Even if the hacker wasn't you, we can't risk unbanning you because someone that shares your IP might continue to hack. So no, sorry.
1. How do you know this
2. Why ban the IP and not the account (maybe there's some reason I don't understand so please explain again)
3. If the're doing it with malicious intent they'll just change their IP (the hacker) and keep rejoining why should I suffer for this BS.
4. IDK it just seems like you're jumping the gun a bit too much on this.

Most people hold you guys to the standard of sagins, I didn't get it but now I know. Please let me know if there's anything that can be done.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
1. How do you know this
2. Why ban the IP and not the account (maybe there's some reason I don't understand so please explain again)
3. If the're doing it with malicious intent they'll just change their IP (the hacker) and keep rejoining why should I suffer for this BS.
4. IDK it just seems like you're jumping the gun a bit too much on this.

Most people hold you guys to the standard of sagins, I didn't get it but now I know. Please let me know if there's anything that can be done.

1.) Our stats show that your main account and another account which was banned for hacking the same IP.
2.) If we only ban the account the hacker could create an unlimited amount of new steam accounts and hack on the servers because TF2 is free to play. IP banning gets rid of this issue.
3.) See point number 1, that IP is only linked to your account and the alternate account that was banned for hacking.
4.) You were banned by the system, not an individual admin.

You are encouraged to find a new server and play there, but Skial doesn't unban hackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.