• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

SecksyShpee

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Yesterday while playing on EU Deathrun #1 on dr_dangerzone, I found a bug in the map where you could cloak and enter the water without dying. I thought this was funny at first with no intention of griefing until I was banned without warning (even though it wasn't delaying the round) for a day. I felt that was justified at the time, but the ban has since been increased to a whole month which is completely ridiculous, and I feel like the admin who banned me has taken it personally and un-professionally (Other people have been banned for significantly less amounts of time after griefing). I would accept up to a week for a ban, but this is only my second admin ban which should not have been increased to a month.

K71e1AP.png

I feel that the ban shouldn't have been thrown all the way up to a month as the offense really was quite harmless, and the admins are not following their guidelines having spoke to a former skial staff member

I am not necessarily asking for my ban to be lifted, I'd rather appreciate it if the ban could be lowered to something more suitable as the circumstances of the situation weren't that bad. With all due formal respect, I'd like to see this either justified or rectified.

(PS: Please can this bug be patched in the map)​

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
The ban lengths accumulate with Communication Bans and Regular Bans.

So if you look on your Mute/Gag list here:
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=[U:1:240157773]&Submit=

You were muted for 3 days, and then another 3 days.
And your regular ban list has a 1 day ban.

So based on lengths, its 1 day --> 3 day --> 1 week --> 1 month.

So you've had the 1 day ban, a 3 day mute, another 3 day mute (should be 1 week for this one), and now the 1 month ban. That explains the 1 month in duration.

But @Sakiko will handle your ban appeal.

SecksyShpee

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
The ban lengths accumulate with Communication Bans and Regular Bans.

So if you look on your Mute/Gag list here:
https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=[U:1:240157773]&Submit=

You were muted for 3 days, and then another 3 days.
And your regular ban list has a 1 day ban.

So based on lengths, its 1 day --> 3 day --> 1 week --> 1 month.

So you've had the 1 day ban, a 3 day mute, another 3 day mute (should be 1 week for this one), and now the 1 month ban. That explains the 1 month in duration.

But @Sakiko will handle your ban appeal.

Thank you for your reply, I'm fairly certain that comms blocks and bans shouldn't accumulate together. It's a shame to see this situation being handled like this considering I have donated to the skial community several times and I would expect better (not that I'd expect to be able to get away with it). Is there any chance of the ban being lowered or lifted? I still feel that it was completely unjustified for something so harmless

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Thank you for your reply, I'm fairly certain that comms blocks and bans shouldn't accumulate together. It's a shame to see this situation being handled like this considering I have donated to the skial community several times and I would expect better (not that I'd expect to be able to get away with it). Is there any chance of the ban being lowered or lifted? I still feel that it was completely unjustified for something so harmless
Silences and bans accumulate because they're both types of punishments. Given your last ban was over a year ago, and your last silence over 6 months ago, I'm sure there's some leniency here, but she's following it by the book. Please standby until she's back online to reply. Patience will benefit you here. Thank you!

Reactions: Cream Tea

Sakiko

Contributor
The map bug is known about with avoiding the motivator. Not only did you do it you helped others figure out they can use the spy cloak to jump in the water and to hide in the spot you did to avoid the motivator.

As stated Ban and silences stack and they are 1D 3D 1 Week 1 month and month or perm depending on admin.