• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

rikkuedo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I realize it's only a temporary ban, but I was doing nothing wrong, just playing on a randomizer server. I was banned on the basis of spamming, which is completely erroneous based on what the rules define as spamming and didn't engage in any illegal behavior. Whatever admin initiated the votekick (his name was Ninja) was just mad that I got a particularly good randomizer set and happened to kill him over and over(not even specifically targeting him).

I can wait this ban out. I just think this was an abuse of power.​

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Yeah... Votes are not initiated by admins, we don't need them; we just punish as needed. Votes are started by other players and in the case of a vote ban it is required that 90% of the players vote yes for it to pass. I can't see anything in his or your chat to indicate spam, but also I don't see evidence of vote abuse. Since we can't tell what was happening over the mic, and it is hard to get 90% of the server to agree on anything, you'll just have to wait the 30 minutes out.

If you feel he voted against you unfairly and have evidence as such please let us know.

rikkuedo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Can't provide evidence, unfortunately, as much as I'd like to. Wasn't so much vote abuse as it was a guy getting mad about a randomizer bestowing a good combo on someone and being the victim of normal gameplay.

What I can say(and which you probably know) is that his last words before I was banned were 'Bye bitch'. If your chat history goes far back you might have also seen his complaining about a wm1 player(me) and rejoicing when I was dead. Not sure if it counts as vote abuse but everyone voted against me despite the fact I'd done nothing wrong either.

The fact it wasn't an admin abusing power eases me a little. My ban's up by the time I post this so I'll keep playing as normal and if more spurious bans happen I'll report it.

Thanks anyway.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
if you're rejoining the same server with Ninja in it you should record a demo

To make it easy, you can copy and paste this into console:
Code:
bind "[" "record report; status; voice_loopback 1"; bind "]" "stop demo"
Hit your [ key when you play with him, and ] will end the recording when you're finished.
Hitting the [ key again will overwrite it, so you can re-use this if nothing happens for a while, or for future reports.
The demo will be in Steam\steamapps\common\Team Fortress 2\tf if you're on Windows.

rikkuedo

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Yeah, I joined the same server and he's long gone. Hope I never meet him again.

I'll note the demo function if this ever happens again, thanks.

I just love skial servers and wouldn't like to deal with this nonsense when I'm playing. -_-

Fenix

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Yeah unfortunately this seems to fall in one of those no man's land type of areas. I did see his chat but a little salt doesn't prove a lot. Other times when people are campaigning in chat to vote against someone it is much easier to prove votemenu abuse.

Something I always recommend is for people to run NVidia shadow play or some other software that is constantly recording the last X minutes of game play and can be saved with a single keystroke. That way if something happens, a single button press saves all the evidence you'll need.

Also as david pointed out, if you suspect something will happen or is currently happening, go ahead and record a demo. They don't take up much space (as long as you don't record forever) and you can keep recording the same file name until something happens, and at that point you just have to remember to rename the file before you overwrite it again.

Thanks for your understanding in all this, sorry you are having a problem with a salty player. Feel free to add some admins to your friend list if you continue to have problems so we can be contacted as things are happening and can pop in.