• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Does anyone have any clues to why this would happen? It's really bothering me...
Why would this only happen on skial servers

Bacon Master

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Not sure if this is possible, but if the other guy used a VPN/Proxy that masked his IP as yours, and only played on skial servers, if he got banned, any alts on the same IP would get banned aswell, leaving evidence to show you as an "alt"

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
That seems really unlikely though because it was my IP linked to his and not the other way around, thanks though. I appreciate it though <3

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I think it will be okay to unban him given that he has a clean record. He just needs to be informed that he should not use any public VPN's or any proxies to connect to our server.

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thank you very much, I mean I guess somehow I had an error on my part and I didn't mean it at all, I just want to play on skial servers with my friends

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't see why someone who doesn't remember or just can't admit to using a proxy should be unbanned.

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I don't understand why you're convinced that I use proxies?
Would I even have any sort of reasoning or advantage to using a proxy on a skial server? I've been playing on skial servers for years now but do you honestly believe that for some random reason I used a proxy server. I've been playing TF2 for years and have never used a proxy. What advantage would a player who has never exploited or been banned for anything related to cheating or hacking have with a proxy or VPN. I really do want an answer, I don't know how else to prove I didn't do anything? I mean, I've explained that I don't know what has happened so many times, what else can I do?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
The problem is that you just keep denying that you used a proxy in the first place. If you had just said "yeah I used a VPN that day and now I'd like to be unbanned" then this would have been resolved already. But, for some reason you keep insisting that you never used one. There's no reason you would be randomly banned on a different IP.

So either:
A) There is some major bug with sourcebans and HLstats that affected only you.
or
B) You are lying and think we are really stupid.

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I would have lied by now if I actually did use a proxy, and there are obviously more things that could have happened than those two options. I was hoping that being honest and just trying to resolve this would be a quicker way. I really wish you would answer my previous question though. I don't know why you're convinced why I would have a reason to use a proxy considering I don't use exploits.

Theoretically even if I did use a proxy, what could I even do and what would be the purpose. Honestly, think about it. I'm obviously not the owner of Vokuul's account, I've had my account and I have had absolutely no bans on it relating to anything except one time I said I didn't like bronies because they were spamming. I'm trying to be open minded but it doesn't seem like you're trying at all.

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
No, but at one point I did switch ISP's but I don't think that would be a problem because IP's aren't reused. The only thing I can possibly think of atm is that either my account did get hacked somehow, or something weird happened with Tor(which is only a proxy for Firefox from what I know or use it from)

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I never said I was convinced that you would use a proxy. I'm just going by the facts... your account connected from a banned IP and was subsequently banned. That's a fact. You keep insisting that you never did such a thing, another fact. I never accused you of anything.

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I'm really sorry for wasting everyone's time, I truly am. But I didn't think about this
I checked my torrents because I do use VPN's when im torrenting Visual novels and e-books

yeah it's possible that I accidentally left cyberghostVPN on because It constantly crashes on me, I can actually launch it or make a video of me starting it up and it crashing.
(This would only be the reason if even when cyberghostVPN is crashed, you're still connected to the server)

I'm really sorry for wasting time, I truly have no bad intentions for the server at all

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Ok I unbanned you... see how easy that was?

But if you connect via proxy again and are rebanned we're gonna have a harder time removing it.

nighthawk

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thank you very much! I'm truly sorry, if I get banned again I won't even appeal. I'm truly sorry for everything, though I really do appreciate it. I can give you a key if you want for being patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.