• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Anub?

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
It was a mistake on my part, and i apologize for it, but in my opinion saying 'nigga' isn't all that bad in the context. I wasn't trying to use it as a racial slur or anything, just out of incredulity. if anyone was offended i am indeed sorry, but i do think that i should have gotten some warning at the very least before a week long ban. All in all i realize that i shouldn't have let it slip out and i will make sure I won't let it happen again, thanks!​

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
We don't give people tolerance for saying the word because that would mean that every player could get away with it at least once by just providing an excuse. Your ban was a week long because you have been silenced twice prior to this offence, your offences accumulate which results in your new silence to be higher.

Anub?

well not giving a warning is ridiculous, i wasn't even aware i wasn't allowed to speak freely, and as i stated before, i didn't get a warning, as for my prior offenses they are pretty much unrelated. another point is that it was not said as a racial slur, but as a simple remark, and no one really took offense as such.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
well not giving a warning is ridiculous, i wasn't even aware i wasn't allowed to speak freely, and as i stated before, i didn't get a warning, as for my prior offenses they are pretty much unrelated. another point is that it was not said as a racial slur, but as a simple remark, and no one really took offense as such.

Even if no one takes offense, chances are, someone else who legitimately intended to use the word as a racial slur will end up using the same excuse as stated by Kobe. Besides, if you were already muted once, shouldn't you have at least taken a GLANCE at the rules so it doesn't happen again?

Anub?

Even if no one takes offense, chances are, someone else who legitimately intended to use the word as a racial slur will end up using the same excuse as stated by Kobe. Besides, if you were already muted once, shouldn't you have at least taken a GLANCE at the rules so it doesn't happen again?
firstly those mutes were quite a while ago, secondly, does it honestly matter if they say the word once and get a warning? that will prevent them from doing it again, most likely, but if they don't then you can feel free to mute/gag/ban to your heart's content. also if you want people to follow your rules, you might want to put the command somewhere where people will actually see it. Now i may have missed it, respectively, but on the off chance there is no visible rules or command for rules, how is a person supposed to know whats allowed to say and what isn't? I get the whole 'oh, be nice to people' thing, but frankly, its not always demanded or expected on servers or the internet in general. there are some places where you can cuss with your friends or insult your enemies to your heart's content and i do sincerely apologize for not understanding the rules that were set for me.
Going back to my previous bans; the first was i was acting like an idiot, and i admit i can be a stubborn idiot at times. the second was that i was trash talking an admin who was being kind of unfair at the time, but i honestly should have known better. This, however, was a simple and honest mistake and I really hope that you can see that so i don't have to endure a painful week of not being able to trade.

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Yes, it does matter; we can't give people warnings for things like that. Like both Darjeeling and I have said, if we give people warnings for blasting racial slurs, then that gives people a chance to use it at least once every time they are on the server. If you are hesitant on whether a word is allowed to be transmitted, then it is likely it is not allowed.

Anub?

Well its a bit frustrating to me that you won't let me pass on a non-intentional racial slur, not knowing the rules which, i'm guessing from your simple and cryptic reply, aren't clearly stated as they could be.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Well its a bit frustrating to me that you won't let me pass on a non-intentional racial slur, not knowing the rules which, i'm guessing from your simple and cryptic reply, aren't clearly stated as they could be.
Literally just type !rules as it tells you to in chat if you want to see the rules. We may not have the rules in bold flashing letters, but we do have a means of telling you where you can read them. Not really something too hard to find.

Kobe

Wicked Nasty Engineer
I don't want to repeat myself over and over again, but we won't let you pass for your reason, because if we do unsilence you for that reason, then it gives other people the chance to use the same excuse. The server rules also specifically address the topic of the usage of the n-word.

Not knowing the rules is also one of the worst reasons. With that reasoning, I could hack and say that I was unaware of the repercussions and get unbanned.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

These admins are just informing you of the rules and why you are silenced for the specified length, @DaivdBaekr was the admin who issued the silence and he will have the final say. Be patient, he will respond. Thanks.

Anub?

Literally just type !rules as it tells you to in chat if you want to see the rules. We may not have the rules in bold flashing letters, but we do have a means of telling you where you can read them. Not really something too hard to find.
I'm still stating that it was a complete accident and not intentional, as it often is. and i wasted all this time and trouble trying to get you people to realize the situation at hand is circumstantial, but unfortunately you both appear to be as hard headed as I used to be. I would say i appreciate you taking the time to read this, but it barely amounts to anything in the first place

TL;DR- appeals are a joke so that admins can have a good laugh.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I'm still stating that it was a complete accident and not intentional,
How does one make an unconscious decision in saying the n-word? By choosing to type in the slur, you have made an intentional choice in using a word that is offensive and derogatory.
the situation at hand is circumstantial.
It's not. Plenty of people walk in here, blatantly unaware of the rules that aren't that too hard to find.
TL;DR- appeals are a joke so that admins can have a good laugh.
Plenty of people made successful appeals.

In the end, it's gonna be David's call. We're just here to tell you that you shouldn't be saying things like this, and that you should be reading the rules.

Anub?

How does one make an unconscious decision in saying the n-word? By choosing to type in the slur, you have made an intentional choice in using a word that is offensive and derogatory.
Hate to give you more satisfaction with this than i already have, but i have to debase your 'logic' here. obviously you don't seem to have much experience in the use of this word. Many people use this in a non derogatory sense, and as i had said before this is part of the set of circumstances. It wasn't directed at anyone, meaning it wasn't meant to be racial or derogatory.

From: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nigga

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.
~
yeah, i get it, funny definition from urban dictionary, whatever

-AND-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga
There is conflicting popular opinion on whether there is any meaningful difference between nigga and nigger as a spoken term. Many people consider the terms to be equally pejorative, and the use of nigga both in and outside African American communities remains controversial. H. Lewis Smith, author of Bury that Sucka: A Scandalous Affair with the N-word, believes that "replacing the 'er' with an 'a' changes nothing other than the pronunciation" and the African American Registry notes, "Brother (Brotha) and Sister (Sistah or Sista) are terms of endearment. Nigger was and still is a word of disrespect." The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a civil rights group, condemns use of both nigga and nigger.

so there you have it.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Hate to give you more satisfaction with this than i already have, but i have to debase your 'logic' here. obviously you don't seem to have much experience in the use of this word. Many people use this in a non derogatory sense, and as i had said before this is part of the set of circumstances. It wasn't directed at anyone, meaning it wasn't meant to be racial or derogatory.

From: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nigga

Nigga is a word which evolved from the derogative term "nigger". Tupac best defined the distinction between the two.

NIGGER- a black man with a slavery chain around his neck.

NIGGA- a black man with a gold chain on his neck.
~
yeah, i get it, funny definition from urban dictionary, whatever

-AND-
There is conflicting popular opinion on whether there is any meaningful difference between nigga and nigger as a spoken term. Many people consider the terms to be equally pejorative, and the use of nigga both in and outside African American communities remains controversial. H. Lewis Smith, author of Bury that Sucka: A Scandalous Affair with the N-word, believes that "replacing the 'er' with an 'a' changes nothing other than the pronunciation" and the African American Registry notes, "Brother (Brotha) and Sister (Sistah or Sista) are terms of endearment. Nigger was and still is a word of disrespect." The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, a civil rights group, condemns use of both nigga and nigger.

so there you have it.

Just... please... read this. And save us all some time.
https://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You keep fighting this for no reason. You are going to keep getting the same answer: read the rules and abide by them. We do not tolerate the use of the word at all. That is the way the servers are run. Everyone has to deal with it and everyone is punished in the same way. You are not being treated unfairly in the slightest. You made a mistake, you pay the consequences, and you don't do it again.

Come on, man.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I'm not really sure why the thread had to go off on tangents about why admins don't warn more or the etymology of "nigga" so unless someone is really dying to know what my opinion is on warning people I am just going to sidestep both of those topics entirely.

Anbu, have you read the server rules Darjeeling linked? Or found them on your own earlier and read them already?

Anub?

I'm not really sure why the thread had to go off on tangents about why admins don't warn more or the etymology of "nigga" so unless someone is really dying to know what my opinion is on warning people I am just going to sidestep both of those topics entirely.

Anbu, have you read the server rules Darjeeling linked? Or found them on your own earlier and read them already?
don't even bother, if i do decide to play on skial again, it will most likely be a loooong time since the ban has passed. good day.