• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Your mic was being rapidly toggled off and on and also under what appeared to be a voice changer, making what small amount of actual voice coming though comically high-pitched. Despite my saying over mic and server message that your mic needed to be fixed, you continued "speaking" and I was (barely) able to distinguish your saying something to the effect that you refused. I warned you that you would be silenced if you did not comply. You continued filling the server with short bursts of high-pitched noises so I silenced you. If you claim no responsibility for your own microphone despite being told multiple times, you can wait out your punishment.

iTrade

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I did not use a voice changer; i use a normal mic which works fine and it is not high-pitched. Maybe your sound is broken. Please provide a demo showing what you claim is actually true.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
We don't normally record demos of our punishments unless we deem necessary (such as in hacking cases). Me personally - I will only record mic spamming if the person is about to be punished for a month or longer, just in case. We also don't silence for "voice changers," but I believe Prophet is saying your voice was coming through high-pitched. I have actually received a couple complaints from regulars lately saying that people's mics are making chipmunk-like noises sometimes. Prophet, is this, perhaps, what you heard?

Reactions: JunTao

iTrade

After the admin kicked me, I joined harpoon.tf server and nobody complained about my mic. IMO this is a problem the admin had and was on his end. Therefore, I ask to be unmuted. I have used Skial trade servers for a long time and have used my mic there, too, never having been told my mic is apparently broken until today. Seeing as mic worked fine on harpoon.tf server, I came to the conclusion that my mic works.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
He did however ask you to stop, so he claims, so you need to be more aware of messages that are coming through. Prophet is not required to remove your silence, but I do not mind tagging him again so that he could potentially reconsider; otherwise, you can talk again when your silence expires in 3 days. Wait patiently until then.

@BBQ Prophet

BBQ Prophet

I've stated everything that needs to be stated with this case. The user spammed, was told to stop, refused to stop, was punished, and ultimately, refused to accept responsibility, which is the not the way to go about an Appeal. I even warned the user twice beforehand, which is not required of me, and he persisted. Each user's mic is his or her own responsibility.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To shed some light, I've noticed servers running the new high definition voice option (I dunno what its actually called) seems to have the side effect of some player's mics rapidly cutting in and out as they speak. It seems like it may also distort their voice when this happens, almost making it sound like they're using a bad voice changer on a terrible mic.

I'm heavily suspecting its the new HD voice option being buggy since I've only started seeing this happen on servers with the HD mic option enabled, and the people it happens to don't realize its happening until people start complaining about it.

I'm suspecting that is what BBQ probably heard. I've been seeing it happen rather commonly lately

iTrade

I'm suspecting that is what BBQ probably heard. I've been seeing it happen rather commonly lately
That would make sense because, as I mentioned before, I went to the Harpoon.TF trade servers right after and there nobody said my mic was broken. Prophet was unfriendly when I used my mic on Skial server and told me not to use it and then just muted me for three days. I don't understand why a Skial trade moderator handles this situation the way he did.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I agree with Meow. I played again on turbine last night and literally couldn't take it anymore. 3 or 4 people's mics were cutting in and out and distorting the sound. I even did a WinMTR to check my lag, and I had none. I also recorded this but haven't gone back to check my demo yet. It IS a serious problem with this new HD audio, and I am saddened that Prophet is being too pompous to consider your appeal. The only thing against you is that he asked you to stop and you didn't (although there was nothing for you to stop), so I would just suggest being more aware of messages in the mean time. Sorry he won't remove your silence, but you can talk again soon. Thanks!

Reactions: JunTao

BBQ Prophet

The only reason I am so adamant about this punishment is because you were so unnecessarily defiant in the server and this Appeal. I told you about your mic, as did several other users. You were even being almost unanimously voted for spam by server vote when I applied the silence and yet you never thought for a second that you could be the problem.
I will lift the silence under the conditions that you listen next time you are told there is a problem and check yourself using voice_loopback 1 and your Steam Voice Settings.
Keep in mind that I'm doing this at the suggestion of fellow Admins because your issue could have been purely technical. That does not mean you are still not responsible for your mic. Your silence could've been lifted immediately if you had appealed in a more agreeable manner. Additional punishments may be longer.

Reactions: JunTao and Adora