• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hi, I am respectfully making the request to be unbanned from your servers.

I was using a program called WTFast (https://www.wtfast.com/) to reduce the lag I suffer when connecting to your servers (which can be really really bad on good days) and while doing that I was automatically banned :(. I was not aware that WTFAST was forbidden or that I would be banned for using it to reduce the lag when connecting to your servers. WTFast is an application that has been approved by Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/315880/) and hence I did not see any harm on using it.

I enjoy playing on your servers and I would hate to miss the chance to keep playing in them.

Would you please consider my request to lift the current ban?

If WTFast is not allowed then I will not use it again when connecting to your servers as I do enjoy playing there.

Thank you

Regards​

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It was impossible for me to know that :(. WTFast controls those IPs and I am just a user being punished by the wrongdoings of another person and it really pains me.

Would you be able to clarify if the IP is the one that is banned or is it me being banned permanently?.

I will use my regular IP with my ISP provider to avoid being banned again no matter how bad the lag is.

Thank you

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Since the only two times you connected to the IP 67.231.21.202 were 10 minutes before the hacking account connected and two days later after the hack account was banned I'm not comfortable with unbanning your account. I don't think it's a coincidence that you would only connect to this IP a few minutes before and a couple days after a throw away hack account would.

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I started to use WTFast last week, if I remember correctly I used wtfast to play on your servers on Tuesday and then on Wednesday last week. I decided to use wtfast since it helped with the lag in a game called world of tanks and then it helped with the lag while playing at your servers.

I did not play until yesterday since I was out of town at a sports camp since then (lacrosse camp from Thursday until Sunday and I have proof). After I took some time to rest I then used wtfast again yesterday and then I was banned automatically :(.

I have shown all this to my dad and we have also contacted wtfast for help but we are not sure if they can help at all.
I do not use hacks or anything like that please believe me. All I wanted was to decrease my lag since sometimes my game is really laggy.

I don't know what to do other than asking for your understanding on this. I am just a kid that likes to have fun and that also dislikes cheaters. You can see my connection history and how I never done anything wrong on your servers. I there is anything you want me to do let me know please.

I don't even want to use wtfast anymore, I just want to play again and have fun. I feel cheated and angry, not at you but at the person who originally cheated and caused this affecting me. I am really upset and I don't know what to do.

Would you be able to please consider my plea?

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The hacker connected less than 10 minutes after you left and was instantly caught. It's hard for me to beleive your story and ignore this since you changed to wtfast on Skial the same day this hacker showed up and got banned. There is too much going against you on this for me to think it's safe to unban your account.

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I am so upset and sad to hear this.

I wish I never used wtfast and then all this banning would never have happened. I wish I could show you that I don't have anything to do with the hacker that caused all this and I am angry at him because he caused all this and not me and now I am even more upset than before :(.

I have proof that I was out of town in my lacrosse camp until Sunday and that is why I did not play anything until yesterday. I live in Canada on the West coast. However I just don't know what to do to show you that and I am not sure if that will help all of that happened last week.

wtfast tells me to explain my situation to you since there is nothing they can do on their end.

my dad tells me to explain to you what happened since he is the one that gave me wtfast to use with my games after I complained from lag while playing.

I have done all that and still can't prove anything

This is my favorite server to play and now is lost forever.

Can you please tell me if there is anything that I could do, any information I could obtain that could make this ban go away? it might not matter anymore but I am not guilty and I don't know what else to do to prove it.
I am not a cheater or a hacker and now I am very sad. I could prove myself to you if you want me to be always like on a test for some time, anything I can do I would do it to prove that I am not guilty that I am not a hacker that I don't cheat :(

I don't want to sound aggressive and if I was please forgive me I am just too upset.

Thank you

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I played last Wednesday August 5 in the morning for a little while, I stopped playing about 11:00AM Wednesday last week. Then I did not play for 4 days since I was away at my lacrosse camp at Simon Fraser University (live-in camp with no computer access). I came back to my home on Sunday night and then after resting for most of the day I wanted to play last night August 10 at around 6:39 ish PM which is when I was banned.

I connected to the Class Wars server on Wednesday and I tried to do the same yesterday, does this help?

As you have been really nice in reading my messages I thought that I could give you more details on my activities. I have been trying to find out if I can show you my activity on steam so that you can see the reason of my inactivity starting last Thursday for 4 days. I can ask steam for connection activity but I am not sure if that is even possible at all but I can try if you think that could be useful.

Wtfast tells me to explain my situation to you.
My dad has also tells me to explain with more details, so I am giving you more details hoping to clarify this

Thank you

Since the only two times you connected to the IP 67.231.21.202 were 10 minutes before the hacking account connected and two days later after the hack account was banned I'm not comfortable with unbanning your account. I don't think it's a coincidence that you would only connect to this IP a few minutes before and a couple days after a throw away hack account would.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
While I appreciate the hospitality, your Steam account activity isn't going to prove anything since the hacking was done on a throw away account. This alternate account was only active on Skial during the first day you also started using it which was August 4th. Not only that but this account connected in less than 10 minutes after your account disconnects. Then your account come back on a few days later. Like I said before, it's too suspicious that this hack account joined right after you left when this was also the first day you started using a new IP on Skial.

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
While I appreciate the hospitality, your Steam account activity isn't going to prove anything since the hacking was done on a throw away account. This alternate account was only active on Skial during the first day you also started using it which was August 4th. Not only that but this account connected in less than 10 minutes after your account disconnects. Then your account come back on a few days later. Like I said before, it's too suspicious that this hack account joined right after you left when this was also the first day you started using a new IP on Skial.

*Sigh* as you can see I am trying to set myself apart of that hacker account activity and prove that I am not guilty and that I don't hack and I don't cheat. I started using wtfast itself last week on Monday and I set it up to use one of their servers that has low latency. My dad helped me out to configure that since he got it for me on Monday (which was a holiday here). Since we live in Kelowna ( about 4 hours from Vancouver) we use one wtfast server in Vancouver since it has the lowest latency from where we live.

Yes, I was playing on Tuesday August 4 using wtfast as well but I swear that I don't know anything about the hacker that used that account and that IP. I wish I had something else to show you to prove that I am innocent and that I am not at all involved with that account.

I used that wtfast server to play world of tanks as well, and I am not doing that anymore after this happened. Last Wednesday I was playing on Class Wars servers and then I stopped playing at around 11AM because I had to go with my younger brother for his swimming class that starts at 11:15am, I was not even home at all after that. When I came back home the rest of the day I prepared for my live-in lacrosse camp at Simon Fraser University in Vancouver.
I have explained why I was absent and why I used again the wtfast vancouver server since my dad and configured it to use it, so when I came back and played again I just used what was already configured which was wtfast using the vancouver server and I could not imagine anything wrong with it since I played a couple of matches in world of tanks just before playing TF2 in your servers.

I had no idea that a hacker used that account and I had no idea of anything it did until yesterday I swear.

I will think real hard on how to get more information to prove that I am not guilty, would my public IP from my regular internet help?

I am thankful for your time and dialogue, it shows that you do care. I am desperate for not finding anything else that proves I am not guilty but I am working on that. I am upset and sad, but thinking how can I prove the I am not a hacker, I am not a cheater and that I am innocent. I am just kid that wants to play again

Thanks a lot

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I will think real hard on how to get more information to prove that I am not guilty, would my public IP from my regular internet help?
Since you connected to Skial on it before there's no need and that doesn't really help things since it wasn't the IP involved.

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Since you connected to Skial on it before there's no need and that doesn't really help things since it wasn't the IP involved.

I just talked to my dad. We will ask wtfast if they can give us anything to show I am not a hacker and that I am not cheating. That is the only thing I can do for now sadly :).
Once I have that information I will ask for advice on how to deliver it to you or whoever need to look at it.

I am hoping that somewhere there will be something that indicates I am not guilty and can have that ban lifted.
Once again, Thank you for your help

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Hi, wtfast has said that they can provide my connection history during last week.
For the connection that hacked and is putting me banned, they tell me if you could please provide the time when that hacking account logs in after me on August 4. 10 minutes is a lot of stuff in their system (they say) and if we could have the time where that connection is made it will help prove that it was not me I am sure of it.

Would you please help me with that?

Thank you so much

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You connected on August 4th at 8:24pm and the other account connected at 8:28pm the same day. If I recall correctly our stats pages follow the GMT-8 time zone.

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
You connected on August 4th at 8:24pm and the other account connected at 8:28pm the same day. If I recall correctly our stats pages follow the GMT-8 time zone.

WTFast has answered me and, the only issue is that there are three files attached to my support ticket response. I don't know how to deliver them to you here. Would you be able to help with that?

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You can upload them to a file sharing site and just give me the link. A site like Dropbox or mega.co will work.

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
You can upload them to a file sharing site and just give me the link. A site like Dropbox or mega.co will work.

Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/e69lvr4q3o9umju/AAAQTAoasH_oVYJ0oe2GxmZTa?dl=0

I added a screen shot of wtfast's ticket response.

I hope that convinces you and everybody that I am not a cheater and that I do not have anything to do with the hacker that is causing all this trouble.
I have 315 hours on record playing TF2 and I have played on Skial servers a lot with no incident ever in the game.

Thank you

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sorry for the late response on this. After checking the server log report in your previous post and noticing that another user was using the proxy after your first use and roughly 4 minutes before the hack account makes me willing to unban your account. I'm not going to unban the IP however so don't reconnect to Skial with it or you'll be banned again. Sorry for this being such a long and arduous process but I do appreciate you being patient with us (and especially me for not responding the past few days) on this.

Reactions: T-Wayne

frostblooper

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Sorry for the late response on this. After checking the server log report in your previous post and noticing that another user was using the proxy after your first use and roughly 4 minutes before the hack account makes me willing to unban your account. I'm not going to unban the IP however so don't reconnect to Skial with it or you'll be banned again. Sorry for this being such a long and arduous process but I do appreciate you being patient with us (and especially me for not responding the past few days) on this.
yay!!!!!

Thank you so much. I am very happy to be back and I am also happy that this community has the patience to hear this case.

Yay!!!! *music and celebration*

I do have one question though, as you know I used wtfast due to the latency on some of your servers and it worked great. However what is your opinion on using it again?

I am asking this since I don't want to be banned again, but I have no way of knowing if the server's IP I will be using it is already on your black list or not.
I won't use that IP for sure (as per your advice) but what to do if something happens due to one of wtfast IPs being on your blacklist?

Most likely it will ban me but that puts me in the same spot as this appeal and while it is fair it takes time.

For the moment I will wait for your answer before trying to use wtfast

Thank you thank you thank you!!!