• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

FM

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Alright, so the reason given for my ban is the following:
LINKED: New STEAMID from banned IP 195.215.232.150
So it seems my IP has been banned from your servers for some reason. I'm going to be completely honest here: I have no idea why.
I've had a long Team Fortress 2 break, and have only recently returned to the game. I used to frequent your servers once in a while, but I rarely used chat, I've never used hacks, and I don't remember doing anything that could be considered griefing. I don't have any other steam accounts, and I don't think I've had anyone else have used my computer to play Team fortress from, so if somebody has any more info on why I was banned than just "Linked", I'd love to hear some feedback, because I remember enjoying your server, and comming back online to find out I've been banned was quite the bummer. I've changed my steam username from FM113.J2 to just FM, so if that has to do with the problem, I guess I'll just leave it there.

Hope to get a response soon! :grin:​

FM

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Well, I'm not Mainjen. I don't know how to prove this to you. I'm also not familiar enough with how IP's work and how they are distributed to know why I apparently have the same IP as him. I don't believe I use a proxy/VPN or anything along those lines. A quick look at the net says that it's no longer 195.215.232.150. I don't know how to make this up to you, but I've never hacked and I don't plan on doing so. I just want to relax and play Team Fortress 2 and your servers is one of the places I'd love to spend some of that time. Is there any way to have this issue resolved, or am I fucked because somebody with the same IP as me used a hacked client on your servers?

FM

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Is there any way to have this issue resolved, or am I fucked because somebody with the same IP as me used a hacked client on your servers?
Edit: I just saw the post about proxy IP's. I still don't believe I've used a proxy, but I've gone ahead and made my steam profile public so you can check gametime etc. :blush:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
We'll go ahead and unban you. Try to avoid using any public wifi or any other forms of public internet that other people use since its possible someone else may of used it to hack.

FM

Scarcely Lethal Noob
We'll go ahead and unban you. Try to avoid using any public wifi or any other forms of public internet that other people use since its possible someone else may of used it to hack.
Thanks a bunch, and that has been duly noted!