• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Catgirl dumpster or more knows as angy banned me for buying crates.
I tried to reason with her but with no avail.

Even other players defended my reasoning at that point. I took a closer inspection of the skial rules and there is no mention in lowballing even tough that was not my intention nor the purpuse of the trade.

I can prove that many players with high amounts of tf2 playtime knowlingly traded away their cases knowing their value.

(No item misrepresentation, such as:
  • Falsely claiming rarity (1-of-1, glitched, owned by celebrity, etc.)
  • Trading items renamed as other items)
Someones argument might be that i maliciously claim an item is lower value. But there is no mention of me calming something else llike cases where i am missrepresenting the true value of the item.

As i told her in the videorecording. I buy any cases no matter the rarity, i just focus on the amount.

I am a somethwhat known casehoarded with the record of more than 1000 cases owned.

This is a advert that i have been using daily on the skial US server:
(buying cases/crates - 450 for 1 ref and 1 scrap - 150 for 1 rec 1 scrap - 50 for 1.5 scrap - 25 for 0.5 scrap)

The advert i wrote is was supposed to be wronged for apparently.

I might have overreacted and said some wrong words too but it made me a little emotional to deal with someone with what i presume has strong agenda.

I dont think all admins on skial are like that. I do belive you are the good guys. But i wasnt expecting to be that harsh.

The video of the last 3 minutes. It starts there because previously angy kicked me saying "go shark somewhere else". So i decided to record the last 3 minutes.

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I wanted to mention.

I dont really know if there are admin guidelines on how to interact with players and it was wrong to me to assume there were. I apologise for my assumptions and my behavior if it seemed disstasteful.

catgirl dumpster

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Care to elaborate why this happened 4 days ago? And why it hasn't been removed?

meh.PNG

You literally offered couple of scraps for (40) Gun Mettle Cosmetic Case #95
Cases which can be quicksold for 0.72 on marketplace.
0.72 x 40 = $28
The whole server was on your side? The WHOLE server told you it was lowball but yeah you conveniently missed to record the demo on that?

My behavior is inappropriate? When i'm trying to protect the people who are ignorant about the case prices, in the server from you.
Update your crate prices if you're advertising on skial. Otherwise you can go find other servers to trade on.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Do explain that group you are part of.

sus.PNG

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Even IF i was sharking. I am not breaking any skial rules. Point me where it says "sharking isnt allowed" on the skial rules site. Since i cant post links i cant show you the direction where the rules section is.

If you are successful to prove that i broke the rules, you can keep me banned. If you are not, i would wish to see you resign as a administrator and a rolemodel for this community. This seemes more of a personal case rather than it having anything to do with the server rules. Just because you dont like a certain group of people because of their actions that dont even break the skial rules does not mean you can abuse the position you were given for your personal beliefs.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Even IF i was sharking. I am not breaking any skial rules. Point me where it says "sharking isnt allowed" on the skial rules site. Since i cant post links i cant show you the direction where the rules section is.

If you are successful to prove that i broke the rules, you can keep me banned. If you are not, i would wish to see you resign as a administrator and a rolemodel for this community. This seemes more of a personal case rather than it having anything to do with the server rules. Just because you dont like a certain group of people because of their actions that dont even break the skial rules does not mean you can abuse the position you were given for your personal beliefs.
Guess you conveniently missed this part

2020-04-30-09-08-44-Window.png

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Are you saying that sharking is in the same cathegory as scamming? Well this is a big turn of events

catgirl dumpster

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Yes, I am well aware not every trader cares about value of items in their backpack.
But intentionally going out of your way to take advantage of inexperienced players on a server and then offering them low prices, does demonstrate intent of scamming people.

We get an influx of newbie traders every day who are not aware about the basic pricings.
!bp tends to show outdated prices for certain items. Cases are included in that. You clearly are well aware of that fact.
picture.PNG

There is no personal agenda here. As the server admin it is my duty to point out when someone is being shady. Keep your advertisements short and to the point, no one needs to hear about how you are the “crate god” or how you have acquired tons of cases/crates by deceptive means which are now stored on some alt.
Half the server did not want you around because of your own braggy TOXIC behavior on mic.

Edit: Please stop dming admins on discord. Stick to replying on the thread, thank you.

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
My toxic behaviour? But it was you who started to argue non stop. Not even arguing anymore. I was just buying crates, if you dont like my methods its up to you. But you cant interfere with something that does not brake the rules. As i stated before IF you read my original post i made a disclaimer if you even watched the video witch i doubt since you keep bringing up the same thing.

You are just a admin that is supposed to enforce rules. You didnt specify what rule i broke and banned me for no reason. I did nothing that broke the rules. And players and other admins have pointed that out partially on discord when i was asking around. You were the first admin to lash out on me telling that you dont care as heard in the video. Sounding very histerical.
Even one admin pointed out that your ban was wierd.

There is no justification to what you did. You banned me for nothing. You probably saw my ad as immoral. But that is noone of your concern.
This is called capitalism and trading is all about it. Backpack.tf can only suggest selling prices not enforce them. That means i can buy and sell for any price i want regardless of your or anyone elses opinion. The only restricting factor i cant apply is manipulating price by lying the price. Convincing the other player that their items are worthless.
Its up for the seller and the buyer to make a transaction and that responsability does not fall on you unless that person is getting scammed by external means. Like promises and forms of malicious payment outside tf2 trading window.

If people dont like what i offer or what prices i buy in you can ignore my advert. Its all about supply and demand. People are trading me any kinds of cases because there is a large supply. I am the one demanding them so i buy them off.
You have nothing to do with me or my trading partners decisions. You arent supposed to monitor everyones transactions and ban people for something you dont seem fit when it comes to a legitamate transaction.

Thats why i had these steam reps because of people that had the same tought pattern as you. I got 5 reports that day and thankfully the moderation removed them from backpack.tf for falsification. They didnt deem my advertisement wrong when i explained them about it.
You arent supposed to enforce your own pricepoints and morality to others.

And even if i did shark. Sharking isnt scamming, its lowballing and its legal on skial. "again"

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Even thou you can deem it as shady you still dont have the right to ban me or anyone else for that. You are soley here to enforce rules and thats it. There is NO and i repeat no mention of admins having a resposnability to deem a deal to be unfair just beacuse of your speculations.

And in the topic of scamming, you seem to mix up scamming a sharking very easily. I advise you to read about the definition and use of these words when it comes to the tf2 community. There are plenty of community posts out there that define these two terms in a similar fashion explaining the difference between them. Not even posts youtube but videos with great support that explain the diffrence very clearly

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Immature? I have been argumenting about why he is in the worng.

A administrator cant just define scamming by their own beliefs. There is a synonyms dictionary that is made for the sole purpuse to define words. You cant just make up your own definitions and say that they are true.
Second of all, him telling me what i am doing is wrong does not justify his actions since i didnt brake any rules.

And yet again i did a "disclaimer" but you still keep saying that i trick people. This is falsification. I am not even trolling. I am just like anyother player, telling why i should be unbanned. If you say that my way of argument does not matter then that means that

(Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:)

this phrase becomes meaningless.

That makes an assumption that you dont really care about what other players have to say and you just do as you seem fit even thou i didnt brake any rules.

catgirl dumpster

TF2 Admin
Contributor
There’s a difference between advertising and antagonizing people over the voice chat by glorifying the profits you have made at the expense of others. Refrain from such discussions in the future.

If your presence is causing harm to the server and promoting the idea people can to be taken advantage of here easily. I have to step in as admin as your actions are driving away players.

unknown.png

unknown.png

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
These players are the same players falsifying reports on backpack.tf that i had to request them to be removed. "again

There is a reason why a admin stepped in after i was being harassed by other players.

They are just being toxic because i refuse following their backpack.tf bible. They where literally the only ones complaining after the wave of reports i got.
Since i still dont break any rules you dont have any type of authority you can use on me. "again"

Why dont you ask the players like marvelous.tf that hangs around, or unlucky or literally Anyone ive traded cases with before throwing empty accusations because of a persons agenda and disstaste. "again"

When you say "glorify my profits" you mean when i said "i have more than a 1000 cases and i dont sell them"? This wordplay is really something.

Its funny that you lable about other players making "profit", is it wrong to overpay or underpay?
This does not hold up on a genuine trading server. People do it all the time.

Just because i buy cases and underpay the clients. (That they have the knowledge of) Does not mean someone can dictate what i should be forced to pay them. "again"

I am just doing my buisness. They have no right to interfere, they can have their opinions but that shouldnt dictate as a enforcement of prices by your or anyones desire. "again"

If they dont like it dont buy it..
And if they are quitting because of a guy just buying crates/cases then let them. They are being the toxic ones.

Skial server rules dont give you premission to ban or kick someone that has not broken the rules. Since i didnt brake any with my advert and there are no clear evidence of screenshots, videorecording ect no moral and presonal belief discussion should take place like you where showing on your previous post.

You can talk all about (what i lable as) morals and "antagonizing" behavior but unless you can get evidence of me scamming and actually give a concrete reason for why i should stay banned for a broken rule. Then it should be a closed appeal for now and a unban.

Since all ive read i heard only either changing the accusation from sharker to scammer, that you have something against people with reps on bp.tf. That i am bad by advertizing something you dont agree with. And that i should be banned for something you belive is bad and have nothing to do with the skial rules.
Then you say its your obligation to chase me away just because two belifiers of bp.tf bible disliked my advertisements and bp.tf rep me even tough they have been taken off by moderation for falsification. And that also has nothing to do with the rules. Then you have this imaginary obligation that you need to protect and monitor peoples trades and that you decide what trades are eligable to your own liking even those that are legitamate.

This has pesonal belief written into it. It isnt fit for a administrator to use their own position to dictate other things outside the rulebook of skial. "again"

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
Its funny that you lable about other players making "profit", is it wrong to overpay or underpay?
This does not hold up on a genuine trading server. People do it all the time.
Difference between "making a profit by underpaying" and sharking. Reason they have different definitions. Pretty obvious you were trying to shark as you even admitted it yourself. Sharking is heavily frowned apon and looked at with the same sternness of scamming. Skial trade is well known to be a home to new and unexperienced traders and players, I believe you know this. You were called out on sharking by someone who was looking out for those people. You even boasted how you've done it before and how much you've taken (apparently not the first time, even a report of you 4 years ago describing the same thing ironically enough).
Just because i buy cases and underpay the clients. (That they have the knowledge of)
Gonna go on a limb and say no, most of them don't know based on the context shown from previous circumstances and reports.
I am just doing my buisness. They have no right to interfere, they can have their opinions but that shouldnt dictate as a enforcement of prices by your or anyones desire
Shouldn't be interfering with you taking advantage of new or unexperienced players? Ironically ive seen quite a few other sharkers and scammers say this exact thing to validate what they do.
Then you have this imaginary obligation that you need to protect and monitor peoples trades and that you decide what trades are eligable to your own liking even those that are legitamate.
Again, there is no obligation. You knew exactly what you were doing, she was looking out for newer people. You are allowed to call people out if they are advertising bad trades.
This has pesonal belief written into it. It isnt fit for a administrator to use their own position to dictate other things outside the rulebook of skial. "again"
I don't really see the personal belief, if you would emphasis that, that would be great. Again sharking is frowned upon and treated quite like scams. They share many similarities. Also just wondering on what you mean by "again". Did you have a separate admin admin abuse or call you out on sharking. Either way if either happened please provide context and/or evidence.

FlyAble

Scarcely Lethal Noob
The "personal belief part" is the part where she feels a obligation to interfere even thou i didnt brake any rules. So she is using sheposition to act outside of the rules witch is not what a admin is supposed to do. He has stated many times that he has to act and to protect outisde of the rules. "again"

She did call out my bad trade and she has the right to do so. But she does not have the athority to ban me for it.

I am writing the "again" word because i have already clarified that and barely noone watched the video except 3 people so i dont even know if the admin that is handling the case have watched it. If anyone has taken the time to read my posts this wouldnt be a issue. So i woulnt need to keep repeating myself.

I keep writing but admin posts ive seen of this tread are: yeah you are a sharker, you didnt break the rules but ill ban you for it anyway. Or: We indirectly say that sharking is scamming. And: You are just trolling, we are not gonna take you seriously. I just see a lot of inconsistency with and the responses i get. As if noone has been paying attation. I have been pointing out and giving responses.

Because my responses already clairyfied my bp.tf reports and the rest of the alligations. I dont have the issue with the 1 day ban.

I came here to seek why i have been banned. Because i didnt brake any rules and i cant be banned for something that is outside the rules. Thats my issue. This seems more like blatant admin abuse if someone can just outright ban you for no reason given that has nothing to do with the breaking of rules. There is nothing else you can redefine adminabuse with or justify it.

Even IF i was a sharker, that is no proper way to act as a admin. Because i havent broken the rules.

"Again sharking is frowned upon and treated quite like scams. They share many similarities.", Yes but i havent broken the rules and even thou they have similarities they are still two words that dont mean the same thing. Thats why people define them differently.

Since your tf2 staff have very vastly different opinions when it comes to the definition of these words and even interpretation of the rules. I assume that skial community staff all dont share the same definition since i was asking around for opinions witch where very different. So i can only assume that skial staff dont have a concrete guideline direction.

Maybe you categorize sharking as scamming but its not the right definition regardless.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
Catgirl made a mistake, While she acted in the best interest of the players, sharking isn't something we punish for on Skial.

Your ban has already expired, but it will removed from our record, meaning, it won't count towards further punishments.

Apologies for the inconvenience

Reactions: FlyAble