• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
You were banned by SMAC, Skial's Anti-cheat software.

SMAC doesn't issue bans easily, so your bot had to be pretty blatant for SMAC to pick it up.

Skial does not tolerate cheating. You will not be unbanned

Carter

Mildly Menacing Medic

SMAC doesn't issue bans easily, so your bot had to be pretty blatant for SMAC to pick it up.

It's no bot, it's only an very simple autoclicker that would trigger LMB around once every 80 ms, there is no rule stating something akin to a simply script is not allowed to be used.
As this was not used to try to bypass afk protection it does not break any rules I am aware of.

This clicker is only used with the tomislav due to the attack button having to be rapidly pressed for it to work on x10 or x100.

It's no trigger bot, no aimbot, no lmaobox. just a glorified +attack.
I apologize if this is not something that people are supposed to use, but then please at least have a rule state that.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
What's your thoughts on me saying, it's software that performs a task that is not possible to do normally and therefore gives the user an advantage?

Carter

Mildly Menacing Medic
What's your thoughts on me saying, it's software that performs a task that is not possible to do normally and therefore gives the user an advantage?
To get around 10 clicks a second is doable, but as you pointed out in the other post, is highly uncomfortable.
The reason I did not think of this as cheating is because you could also create a tf2 script to perform a similair function, would that then be allowed?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To get around 10 clicks a second is doable, but as you pointed out in the other post, is highly uncomfortable.
The reason I did not think of this as cheating is because you could also create a tf2 script to perform a similair function, would that then be allowed?
I think you're going to hit problems with anything that is 'outside the game'. Use of 3rd party software could bypass parameters built into the game. Scripts in game are allowed, although there are certain parameters that will be disallowed, however ingame scripts are part of the game and disallowed commands will not result in anti cheat software banning you, they just will not work.
I cannot say all this for certain as I do not know the way smac works, but would be very surprised if any command that could be entered into the console will cause a hit.

Carter

Mildly Menacing Medic
I think you're going to hit problems with anything that is 'outside the game'. Use of 3rd party software could bypass parameters built into the game. Scripts in game are allowed, although there are certain parameters that will be disallowed, however ingame scripts are part of the game and disallowed commands will not result in anti cheat software banning you, they just will not work.
I cannot say all this for certain as I do not know the way smac works, but would be very surprised if any command that could be entered into the console will cause a hit.

Maddo, since you seem to be more familiar with the skial forum, any way to bring this up for consideration again? I'm fine with a ban for a number months but permaban seems a bit excessive for what I did.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Maddo, since you seem to be more familiar with the skial forum, any way to bring this up for consideration again? I'm fine with a ban for a number months but permaban seems a bit excessive for what I did.
I'm really not sure that you have a leg to stand on. The only potential 'out' you have is if @Bottiger can confirm that it's a false positive on the smac violation, he will know what the violation "SMAC NX1" is, and as far as I know is the only one competent enough with the system to be able to comment with any accuracy.

Bottiger

Administrator
Perma banned by console for reason "SMAC NX1". I assume it detected an autofire button on my mouse as a anti-afk script or something lmaobox related.
I tend to use to use a tomislav on x10 modes more effectivly.

Sounds like a cheat to me.

Carter

Mildly Menacing Medic
Sounds like a cheat to me.
As it was external software I can't much argue with that, can I however request the current permanent nature of the ban be converted to a temporary one?
As for me promising not to do it again, well then I'd just be banned automatically anyway.