• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

bunnywithagu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
I was banned in February when I tried to join a Skial server. Upon further investigation of the Skial ban list, I found out that my IP was banned due to a previous user's crit/spread violation. The previous user is not me or anyone I know. I moved into my current apartment with new internet service and utilities in January.​

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I assume everyone in the apartment block has the same ISP, but you control your router?

There is no connection between you and the original banned account but at the very least you will have to figure out a way to force a new IP from your router or wait for the DHCP lease to expire, which might have happened already.

bunnywithagu

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I have a rented gateway (router/modem combo) so it has a static IP. I am at my parents' house for spring break this week and I just tried connecting, but I was banned again.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have a rented gateway (router/modem combo) so it has a static IP. I am at my parents' house for spring break this week and I just tried connecting, but I was banned again.
You weren't banned again; you're still banned. We haven't unbanned yet, as we were waiting for your reply. :blush: Did you setup that static IP? I would assume most cable companies which you rent your gateway from would not install static for you; they'd simply leave it as dynamic. @DaivdBaekr

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't really understand why they would choose static addressing by default but you do seem to be using an entirely different connection now.

You are unbanned, but your apartment IP is still banned. You will be able to play with your parents' connection until break is over, but then you will need to figure out how to set up dynamic addressing on your router.

If you can't, for whatever reason, then you should talk to your ISP about it.
If you are stuck with the same static address and your ISP won't budge, then we may or may not have many options left.
Unbanning the original SMAC-banned account associated with the IP (and causing the linked-IP bans) won't be one of those options.

Reactions: T-Wayne