• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.

A Wild Chair

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Link to your ban or your com block:
Why should you be unbanned or unblocked?:
Hi all,

I was banned from the Death Run US server the other week because I tried to jump on a platform that disappeared so it would kill someone else. In my defence I only tried it once, the guy didn't die and we both laughed about it and carried on playing and without warning I was just insta banned by the admin. If you look at my previous bans I was banned many years ago for the same thing so I'm sorry about that but that was in 2016.

The initial ban was only 2 hours so that was fair, and I just tried to go into the EU Skial server but it banned me again I presume because of the history however it's banned me for 2 months, I don't mind being banned but can I please appeal the length as it's my favourite server and I promise I won't even attempt it again.

I'll understand if not but please consider it

Thanks​

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
You were banned 3 times all for Platform griefing before this latest ban, so you clearly know the rules about platform griefing, and cannot claim ignorance, nor should you expect a warning since you were already punished for this.

@Xantam will act on your appeal.

A Wild Chair

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I was very immature a few years ago so I used to do it a lot and the other week was a moment of weakness thinking it would be funny, so I'm sorry again for that.

Thank you

soo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Xantam has asked us to take a look into this appeal as he is currently unavailable.

A moment of weakness is no excuse from breaking the rules. It does look like it has been some time since your previous ban but, we have no way of knowing if you have been doing it in all that time and simply weren't caught. I will however, reduce the 2 month ban to a 1 month ban.

Please review the rules and understand them. If there is a next time, then expect us to not be as lenient.

Reactions: Crash.ca

A Wild Chair

Scarcely Lethal Noob
It had honestly been years since I had last done it personally, although what I will say is platform griefing happens a lot in the EU DR server and seems to have a lot more leniency in comparison to the US DR server. In the EU server a lot of people still do it and get away with it (it's not malicious in anyway they do it purely to troll with people), this isn't me trying to justify what I have done it's merely an observation in the varying levels of strictness between the US and EU server.

Thank you for halving the length I appreciate it, I won't do it ever again but just know I would never do it to upset another player. Like I said in the OP the guy I tried to do it to was laughing as well, but I understand it's against the rules.

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Apologies for my absence, have some things I'm trying to sort in the real world. (Thank you Soo for handling this)

I'll be sure to try and have more of a presence on the EU server, I generally hang around the US servers. Feel free to add me or other staff and alert us when this is happening because it truly is game-breaking to lose half your team to a griefer.

Thank you for appealing and enjoy the servers in a months time!