Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
So I've heard about competition play and wanna try it. So I signed up for ESEA and cant wait to get started. But before I do, anyone got tips for basic gameplay? (What classes I should use, what weapons, etc.)

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
ESEA client isn't a virus.
but just jumping into ESEA 6s isnt a good idea.
it's best to do ugc steel 6s and 6s lobbies if you're just starting

Da_Jinks

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
ESEA client isn't a virus.
but just jumping into ESEA 6s isnt a good idea.
it's best to do ugc steel 6s and 6s lobbies if you're just starting

Thanks, looked up the UGC and from what it looks like all theres things are underway?

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i'd only start comp when you slaughter everyone in every pub server you join

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
first I suggest doing some mge matches just to get the feel of the skill cap
Doing MGE is a terrible metric. If you're looking to get into competitive play, just doing lobbies would be fine. They'll be sure to tell you that you suck if you do.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
because he wants to get into 6s
My experience with tf2lobby
I join a lobby, pick my class. Someone joins in AFTER me says "he's on my class" and I get kicked. This happens three fucking times with three different groups. I never even get one match in. I then clear my history to remove tf2lobby from my history so I don't have to even see it again.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
My experience with tf2lobby
I join a lobby, pick my class. Someone joins in AFTER me says "he's on my class" and I get kicked. This happens three fucking times with three different groups. I never even get one match in. I then clear my history to remove tf2lobby from my history so I don't have to even see it again.
i've never had that problem