staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Just wondering if any of you guys are Pokemon nerds and still play on the Gameboy/Emulators for PC.

I've been playing Ruby for the past hour or two, and so far, this is my team:
190887961a74f5d6d98403cc4b0bd32f.png

My dream team is:

- Swampert
- Swallow
- Gardevior
- Flygon
- Aggron
- Salamance

Reactions: Toxik

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I haven't played past Black/White but a couple years ago Pokemon was my shit, yo.

I still need to load up RSE on an emulator and beat it, my original copy and DS got pawned by my mom's friend when I was halfway through it.

brb reinstalling VBA

My Starter Pokemon was always a Fire Pokémon.

Pretty much the same. It's always a hassle to catch a fire-type and having one of those does bring a lot to the table in the beginning (because you're going to meet a lot of bugs, in every game), and not much does have an effective type against fire until you're getting further into the game.

A grass-type is easily caught in the beginning and water-type isn't as useful as fire until the later gyms. Unless you really like the Water/Grass starter, it's (for almost all the games) best to go with fire.

Ceeddd

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Pretty much the same. It's always a hassle to catch a fire-type and having one of those does bring a lot to the table in the beginning (because you're going to meet a lot of bugs, in every game), and not much does have an effective type against fire until you're getting further into the game.

A grass-type is easily caught in the beginning and water-type isn't as useful as fire until the later gyms. Unless you really like the Water/Grass starter, it's (for almost all the games) best to go with fire.
I remember that it was really tough in the FireRed and LeafGreen with the Fire Starter Pokemon,because of the first arena with Rock-type and the second arena with Water-type.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
I remember that it was really tough in the FireRed and LeafGreen with the Fire Starter Pokemon,because of the first arena with Rock-type and the second arena with Water-type.
it was even tougher in the originals since Charmander didn't learn Metal Claw since Steel-type wasn't introduced

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
catch a caterpie and get it to evolve into a butterfly and first gym is ez

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
In Black/White your first gym leader is always whichever dude has the more advantageous pokemon 8(