herrshaun

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
One of my good friends is saving for a title in the store, but she doesn't get nearly as many opportunities to play as I do. I have amassed a bunch of credits that I don't really plan to do anything with. I think we should be able to donate credits to other users if we have no plans for them ourselves.

If there is a concern that there are already so many credits floating around, then there could be a caveat such as a "tax" on donated credits, or it could be a donator-only thing.

LizzieSteph

TF2 Admin
Contributor
im fucking trying to decide if this is a good suggestion or not
I'm in between on it too lol

First I think it is a good idea because the keymarket has been gone for so long and most of us have ended up with a shitton of credits we can't do anything with
But also I know for a fact somebody would find some way to abuse the system and ruin it for everybody.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
But also I know for a fact somebody would find some way to abuse the system and ruin it for everybody.

I would tend to agree on this. imo, what I do with my earned points is my business and if I wish to donate some either to a friend and/or use some to give to everyone as bonus credit party thats on me. I shoudn't expect anyone to complain to skial if that's how you wish to dispense with your allotment. With no disrespect to the suggestion ofc.

Last edited:

Ixel

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1

I can't think of a good reason not to allow this, it sounds plausible.

Siffrin

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Maybe instead we can buy someone else a title if like Lizzie said someone finds a way to abuse the system.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
I would imagine people will end up selling/trading credits to other users, and it will open the potential for scamming. You'll also see people start begging to donate them credits.
Most likely scenario would be players gifting to other players "accidentally/accidentally then filing reports that they made the mistake and want reimbursement for their credits

sklalforever

Scarcely Lethal Noob
One of my good friends is saving for a title in the store, but she doesn't get nearly as many opportunities to play as I do. I have amassed a bunch of credits that I don't really plan to do anything with. I think we should be able to donate credits to other users if we have no plans for them ourselves.

If there is a concern that there are already so many credits floating around, then there could be a caveat such as a "tax" on donated credits, or it could be a donator-only thing.
Genius suggestion (idea)