Status
Not open for further replies.

agent00kevin

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
tumblr_m5slcha1Ur1qf4vlzo1_1280.jpg

Had 2 Hoovies and a couple random classes, all on the same team, mitten boxing/meleeing each other for the duration of a couple 2fort matches. They did cooperate when I brought up that it is disruptive and potentially frustrating to people who want to play srs though, and left. I can understand at 2am when no one came to really try, and there are only 12 players, but when you have 22-24 players on a weekday evening, its annoying. This is an all too often occurance on US22 as Ant pointed out. I dont understand why they dont just join a trade server or idle and box each other, except for that fact that its entertaining to them to be disruptive. When I want to just mess around, I join Minecraft Trade.

Reactions: Doctor Who

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Had 2 Hoovies and a couple random classes, all on the same team, mitten boxing/meleeing each other for the duration of a couple 2fort matches. They did cooperate when I brought up that it is disruptive and potentially frustrating to people who want to play srs though, and left. I can understand at 2am when no one came to really try, and there are only 12 players, but when you have 22-24 players on a weekday evening, its annoying. This is an all too often occurance on US22 as Ant pointed out. I dont understand why they dont just join a trade server or idle and box each other, except for that fact that its entertaining to them to be disruptive. When I want to just mess around, I join Minecraft Trade.
That picture is from 2fort Texas as far as I know : )

agent00kevin

That picture is from 2fort Texas as far as I know : )

Probably so. Ive seen the parties on just about any 2Fort server I frequent though. I do get to the TX server once in a while too, if US22 is empty (except for bots) and the other Chicago server is full. I also hit up NY now and then and even play on the West Coast if I have friends over there playing.

agent00kevin

Instead of complaining that you aren't an admin and could have done something about it, you should just contact an admin or make a report.

Meh. They quit after we killed them. (repeatedly) Ill contact an admin when theres hax going on or racism. A heavy party, though annoying as fck when you join to play a real match, is a bit trivial to bother people for. Especially when you can stop it by killing them or asking. Yes, asking has worked in the past. Im not the type to go running to an admin for every little thing, especially when it can be solved by other means. We've voted hackers off before by testing with the CnD and then making sure everyone knew what the vote was about before we cast it.

Nice to know you are that interested in my chatlog though :p

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Meh. They quit after we killed them. (repeatedly) Ill contact an admin when theres hax going on or racism. A heavy party, though annoying as fck when you join to play a real match, is a bit trivial to bother people for. Especially when you can stop it by killing them or asking. Yes, asking has worked in the past. Im not the type to go running to an admin for every little thing, especially when it can be solved by other means. We've voted hackers off before by testing with the CnD and then making sure everyone knew what the vote was about before we cast it.

It's admins job to respond to reports, no matter how trivial you may think they are.

And yeah, as an admin applicant, I am interested in your chat log. Which by the way shows you complaining about not having admin to take care of some "asshats."

Once again /report works, /votemenu works, and/or contacting an admin works. Bumping your app essentially saying "oh boy these griefers are here if only..." is not a good look.

agent00kevin

It's admins job to respond to reports, no matter how trivial you may think they are.

And yeah, as an admin applicant, I am interested in your chat log. Which by the way shows you complaining about not having admin to take care of some "asshats."

Once again /report works, /votemenu works, and/or contacting an admin works. Bumping your app essentially saying "oh boy these griefers are here if only..." is not a good look.

Well, the problem was solved so whatever. Im not here to argue about it. Its far less abrasive than how Ive seen Cinic and Ruelel talk to people, and like I said, the problem was solved. If you dont like it, oh well. I guess you'll have to find a way to move on with life. Its not the first time its been handled like that. And if Im denied admin for such a horrible offense of 'complaining', Im sure it wont be the last. I think reinforcing that there is an ongoing problem is just fine. Im not the only one who has posted in this thread about the parties, and I didnt do it to bump the thread. It didnt need bumped. It was two threads down.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Voting proven hackers off is not the best approach, they get removed for 30 minutes and just come back later, a report for this is certainly better as they will end up with a permanent ban from our servers.

agent00kevin

Voting proven hackers off is not the best approach, they get removed for 30 minutes and just come back later, a report for this is certainly better as they will end up with a permanent ban from our servers.

These were in the days long before I applied. Long before I ever came here to Skial.com. Now, of course I would make a demo and contact and admin for that.

An admin who acts like an asshole is not a good look either. Don't try to be Zebra.

Agreed.

-1 me all you want, (@ no one in particular) I did what I did and have absolutely no regrets, nor was anything done wrong. A few of us rolled in, crashed the party, problem solved. If thats worth a -1, I dont want your vote anyway.

Edit: Also, I think the ability to rally a team together to solve a minor problem is commendable...let alone organize a vote to kick a cheater with the ENTIRE SERVER. We all know how hard it is to pass a vote on 2 Fort+. Sure, I wouldnt vote nowadays, but then, it worked, and takes a good amount of communication and organization to accomplish.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well, the problem was solved so whatever. Im not here to argue about it. Its far less abrasive than how Ive seen Cinic and Ruelel talk to people, and like I said, the problem was solved. If you dont like it, oh well. I guess you'll have to find a way to move on with life. Its not the first time its been handled like that. And if Im denied admin for such a horrible offense of 'complaining', Im sure it wont be the last. I think reinforcing that there is an ongoing problem is just fine. Im not the only one who has posted in this thread about the parties, and I didnt do it to bump the thread. It didnt need bumped. It was two threads down.

I'm not here to argue either man... and I wasn't making any point about your language it was just the fact that you came to your application and made that comment at the time of these griefers being on the server when you could have just as easily went to the reports section.

I definitely think 2fort servers need an admin because there are always asshats breaking rules there. I've gone to 2fort servers at 2AM out of boredom because I know I will find someone breaking rules. I don't know what it is about 2fort that attracts idiots, but it definitely does. Maybe that's why I haven't played it since TFC. And maybe I'm just critical of you because I already gave you a +1 on your application.

-1 me all you want, (@ no one in particular) I did what I did and have absolutely no regrets, nor was anything done wrong. A few of us rolled in, crashed the party, problem solved. If thats worth a -1, I dont want your vote anyway.

You should be patient and humble when you apply for a position in a large community like Skial. Instead you make comments like this on the forums and in game showing your frustration and impatience. Others like SPYderman who put in his application on
9ec7762e9d7699770c84285c8166c6a9.png
and still not approved or declined have been extremely patient. SPYderman makes reports like everybody else and doesn't complain about not being an admin. In fact here are examples:

This is SPYderman:

2cae4f35b9cbd2cf9c7f645ee0cc7360.png

b3c2e9e3af3be4c9a9f81d429ffac0e1.png

He uses /dsay all the time for some reason but whatever.

This is you:

5586bbae11a2f2c8dc248cea5fc27020.png

0 reports.

I only used SPYderman as an example here... others like Little Lano have also been patient and friendly towards criticism.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
(continued)
If you think this is something personal, I don't know what to tell you. You seemed to have edited your earlier comment about mittens being particularly abrasive towards you. Like I said, maybe I'm just being critical after a +1 vote. And if you can't handle criticism, I don't know what to tell you.

By the way in that particular instance they stopped the sewer party because I was on the server during the time and I kicked them with a warning. After they re-joined one started playing (as a melee heavy, which is fine) and I banned the other one for griefing because he continued to hang out in sewer not attacking. I did this because I could see that they were causing a lot of disruption in gameplay and bothering players on the server who were there for an actual game, including you.

If you dont like it, oh well. I guess you'll have to find a way to move on with life.

*moves on*

Pengy

Legendary Skial King
I was gonna thumb you down because you were new and I didn't think you had experience. Then I realized you have enough experience to enchant 10 billion diamond swords (yuk yuk). But no, really,
+Pengy

Status
Not open for further replies.