Status
Not open for further replies.

agent00kevin

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
(continued)
If you think this is something personal, I don't know what to tell you. You seemed to have edited your earlier comment about mittens being particularly abrasive towards you. Like I said, maybe I'm just being critical after a +1 vote. And if you can't handle criticism, I don't know what to tell you.

By the way in that particular instance they stopped the sewer party because I was on the server during the time and I kicked them with a warning. After they re-joined one started playing (as a melee heavy, which is fine) and I banned the other one for griefing because he continued to hang out in sewer not attacking. I did this because I could see that they were causing a lot of disruption in gameplay and bothering players on the server who were there for an actual game, including you.

*moves on*

They quit when we killed them, and there were 5 not just two. Heres the demo I made showing the number of heavies, and me with another Red Soldier killing the Blu ones. Chiefmeist was working the Red ones as he was on Blu team. I also see no message from the console, no chat message, and no mic tag with you verbally giving a warning. Granted, this short demo is far from capturing the entire episode.

And I still dont think it was worthy of a report. Especially considering the directions given here:

votemenu.jpg

Well, that clearly states to use /report when problems cant be solved with a vote. And since we never even escalated to a vote, I fail to see why you maintain that I did something wrong. Its right there, clear as day. Please explain to me how I am doing something wrong by following the directions as they appear on screen, in game.

Now here are the chat logs from the Heavy Party. Not once do you appear with a warning, not one word from you for nearly 30 minutes of Heavy Party Tyme. This was going on prior to my arrival as well, so there no telling how long it lasted. Now, are you saying that you allowed this to occur for 32 minutes or more? I never saw you join the server as it was occuring, and I never saw a message in the chat box for a kick. And, as this was going on prior to my arrival, you cant claim that you wanted to see how I would react, which is according to the server's own directions as I pictured above.

Partyp4.jpg

partyp2a.jpg

Partyp2.jpg

Party1.jpg

You can see at 14:42 is when the Heavy party seems to get organized. It may have been going on even before then.

You can see its not until 15:14 that it is stated 'There are no more Heavies to fight'.

Thats 32 minutes. 5 players, possibly 6 as I believe the Blu Heavy at the top of the sewers was part of it until we came to break it up. You can also see based on the chatlogs that all of them were still there in the server.

Not 2. And where is Mittens during all this? Not one peep over the Mic, not one message in chat, not one Console message. (though its entirely possible I missed it in the madness)

Were you even really there? Or were you there but allowing it to continue for over a half hour? Guess what?

You werent there.

WheresMittens.jpg

You were in 2Fort NY. But you pulled up my chat logs, from 2Fort+ Chicago. Are you telling me you though we were in the same server even though you pulled up my chat logs from 2Fort+ Chicago? Even though you didnt see me in there at all?

Maybe that's why I haven't played it since TFC.
And what about claiming you havent played 2Fort since TfC? You were just there on 11-7, 11-9, 11-11, 11-13 (for two hours that day) and 11-15. Every couple days you are on 2fort.

I can pull up chat logs too; its not hard. I can make videos, and do so fairly often. I wasnt bullshitting when I said I recorded a demo to turn in.

Ill have to re-upload my video, because I borked the settings for how long each frame lasts. I think Ive proven my point though.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Think it's time to move on and stop revolving the whole application around one incident. I already gave my +1 which still stands after this little diversion.

Reactions: agent00kevin

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
His point was simple, it's such a common annoying happening...when we do call an admin in, it does indeed get resolved..up until he leaves in which point it IMMEDIATELY starts up again. Any old US22 regular can vouch, many of us stopped playing there entirely because it's just this heavy party shit all day everyday.

2forts need a reliable active admin, it's a server that really no admins frequent (I may be wrong, but based on the ones I used to play in we really hardly ever saw admins unless they were summoned for particular incidents.) I don't see why him not wasting his time needing 3 votes to pass a report should work against him - half the time I'd start a report and it'd simply get ignored until I had to bother an admin to take care of it...people are dicks on that server plain and simple.

I don't think mittens is really acting like an asshole here though, I think he's merely saying one should pursue other avenues than "I NEED TO BE AN ADMIN TO HANDLE THIS." But fact is simple mittens, you don't actively play there, (not when I used to) - you don't see the shit that goes on in that server. Other than him complaining and wishing he was an admin to help police a troublesome server, what reason do you have to challenge his application? What's so wrong with wanting to be part of the solution?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
His point was simple, it's such a common annoying happening...when we do call an admin in, it does indeed get resolved..up until he leaves in which point it IMMEDIATELY starts up again. Any old US22 regular can vouch, many of us stopped playing there entirely because it's just this heavy party shit all day everyday.

2forts need a reliable active admin, it's a server that really no admins frequent (I may be wrong, but based on the ones I used to play in we really hardly ever saw admins unless they were summoned for particular incidents.) I don't see why him not wasting his time needing 3 votes to pass a report should work against him - half the time I'd start a report and it'd simply get ignored until I had to bother an admin to take care of it...people are dicks on that server plain and simple.

I don't think mittens is really acting like an asshole here though, I think he's merely saying one should pursue other avenues than "I NEED TO BE AN ADMIN TO HANDLE THIS." But fact is simple mittens, you don't actively play there, (not when I used to) - you don't see the shit that goes on in that server. Other than him complaining and wishing he was an admin to help police a troublesome server, what reason do you have to challenge his application? What's so wrong with wanting to be part of the solution?
The only problem i see is the "if you dont like it lump it" response.
as for reports getting ignored, that is completely wrong, infact 99% of the time reports are answered within 2-3 minutes of being posted

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think mittens is really acting like an asshole here though, I think he's merely saying one should pursue other avenues than "I NEED TO BE AN ADMIN TO HANDLE THIS."

Yes, that is really all I was saying. It didn't need to be a big deal.

But fact is simple mittens, you don't actively play there, (not when I used to) - you don't see the shit that goes on in that server. Other than him complaining and wishing he was an admin to help police a troublesome server, what reason do you have to challenge his application? What's so wrong with wanting to be part of the solution?

I definitely think 2fort servers need an admin because there are always asshats breaking rules there. I've gone to 2fort servers at 2AM out of boredom because I know I will find someone breaking rules. I don't know what it is about 2fort that attracts idiots, but it definitely does. Maybe that's why I haven't played it since TFC. And maybe I'm just critical of you because I already gave you a +1 on your application.

Yes, I totally agree.

Antamania

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The only problem i see is the "if you dont like it lump it" response.
as for reports getting ignored, that is completely wrong, infact 99% of the time reports are answered within 2-3 minutes of being posted

You misunderstood what I posted, I concur that reports get answered immediately, I was merely saying I had difficulty passing reports as they call for 2-3 other people to /report as well. Sadly, sometimes there isn't one person who gives a shit half the time to /report to march it along.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You misunderstood what I posted, I concur that reports get answered immediately, I was merely saying I had difficulty passing reports as they call for 2-3 other people to /report as well. Sadly, sometimes there isn't one person who gives a shit half the time to /report to march it along.
Gotcha.

agent00kevin

6f9aefaa0b6eeeef7ab2378a05d758ea.png

I was there for 40 minutes. And it had nothing to do with you. You were just there too.

But yeah, moving on.

If you'd stop cropping your pages off, I might believe you. Right now I still think you're full of shit since I never saw you there, you never uttered a peep while being there, (which is reflected in the chat logs) and we never crossed paths in game. This most certainly doesnt prove you were there for 40 minutes. Especially since there is no 'I left the game' event. Not only that, But I saw you there some time ago and you even denied being Mittens from Skial.com. You seem to have a pattern of lying here.

Here is the entire page from that day. Nowhere does it show you joining team spectator, nowhere does it even show you joining a team at all. No where does it show you playing there for 40 minutes. You have absolutely zero activity in chat and in hlstats, or any activity whatsoever in the server.

Mittens.jpg

I think you're full of shit. You got caught in at least one lie very clearly already.

My advice to you would be to get your shit straight before posting. That and banning people, because yes, I saw the thread where you banned someone who wasnt breaking the rules. Had I caught an Admin on my FC2 servers lying or banning people for no reason, he wouldnt have been an admin much longer.

So with all due respect, Ill take my advice on how to admin from others here. You're not exactly a shining example to me right now.

Edit: wrong pic posted, correct pic up now.

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
^^^ Was about to say the same... With this "report abuse ban" incident you might wanna stay aside, mittens. Your point was made clear, we all got it, so please stop crapping this thread and giving your non-competent advices.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Right now I still think you're full of shit since I never saw you there, you never uttered a peep while being there, (which is reflected in the chat logs) and we never crossed paths in game. This most certainly doesnt prove you were there for 40 minutes. Especially since there is no 'I left the game' event.

It does prove I was there for 40 minutes. The reason you don't see me leaving is because I never left the game, I connected to another server. You don't see me join spectate because I was never on RED or BLU to begin with. Spectate is the mode you are in when you connect to a server.

I had originally joined the game because I saw someone say something about "racist" or "racism" in chat log but didn't see anything racist in chat, so I joined the game to see if anyone was using racial slurs over the mic. I didn't find anyone being racist over the mic but what I did find was this whole sewer party incident.

They quit when we killed them, and there were 5 not just two. Heres the demo I made showing the number of heavies, and me with another Red Soldier killing the Blu ones. Chiefmeist was working the Red ones as he was on Blu team. I also see no message from the console, no chat message, and no mic tag with you verbally giving a warning

There were more than two people doing it, but I wasn't about to start banning everyone. I stayed in spec and found who I thought to be the two main instigators. They were "The Soviet Death Machine" and "HEAVY BOUNCER". I kicked them with a warning:

97738e07ad6e4af3f49cccf33b8799ee.png

ee3ad279d8cfbf210566af5f2307dcba.png

They were kicked for reason: "No sewer parties"

You don't see this in the log because hlstats doesn't log SM commands. After kicking them I remained in spec to see if they would listen to my warning or continue griefing. I sent a private message to Heavy Bouncer who kept asking why this was not allowed explaining to him that he can play however he wants but he has to actually play and not stand around. He changed his name to "sad player" and started actually playing the game. You don't see me sending him a private message in chat log because once again, hlstats doesn't record SM commands. Both players ran around killing the enemy team for 5-10 minutes as melee heavies. Then "The Soviet Death Machine" went back to the sewer and proceeded to not attack any enemy players. At this point I banned him for griefing. You can see the ban here: http://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:22298240+&Submit=
At this point nobody was griefing in the sewers and normal gameplay resumed. All of this would be hard for me to accomplish if I wasn't on the server.

If you'd stop cropping your pages off, I might believe you.

Then do your own research before posting nonsense.

Not only that, But I saw you there some time ago and you even denied being Mittens from Skial.com. You seem to have a pattern of lying here.

This is going to blow your mind.

Here is the entire page from that day. Nowhere does it show you joining team spectator, nowhere does it even show you joining a team at all. No where does it show you playing there for 40 minutes. You have absolutely zero activity in chat and in hlstats, or any activity whatsoever in the server.
-snip-
I think you're full of shit. You got caught in at least one lie very clearly already.

Did you even read any part of your own screenshot? It's pretty clear just from reading what I said in chat that I was there explaining what is and isn't against the rules. I had joined the server to investigate possible report abuse. Someone wanted to report another player for talking shit over the mic. I played there because I figure as long as I was there I might as well level my strange sniper rifle. Why would I join a NY server to play when I live in the west coast? It's pretty obvious that I was there to diffuse the situation. It's like I was being an admin or something.

And why would I even lie about any of this? What would I possibly have to gain? I was completely content with letting you believe you had resolved the situation there. That's why I didn't even mention it at first. All I wanted to do was give you some constructive criticism. But you just want to keep arguing with me for no apparent reason. I've tried to drop this and move on a couple times and others have suggested the same, but you just want to keep going...

And here is a screenshot for you... it shows me taking 2 hours out of my day going to different servers looking for potential troublemakers so that people playing could enjoy the game in peace. Including the one you were on.

1ffb72bcd40609dcc8dfae1d0b94b4f7.png

You're right, I'm a horrible admin.

My advice to you would be to get your shit straight before posting. That and banning people, because yes, I saw the thread where you banned someone who wasnt breaking the rules. Had I caught an Admin on my FC2 servers lying or banning people for no reason, he wouldnt have been an admin much longer.

If you are referring to this, I have a demo of the event and if you watch it you will see that I was completely justified for banning Sputs_. It's a long demo but you only need to watch the first 10 minutes to see what happened: http://www.sendspace.com/file/oy2cq2

Once again you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. It's very clear that Amsterdam Shag was not breaking any rules and that Sputs called a vote on him because he is a sore loser. I was completely justified in banning him. I didn't post this demo in his ban appeal because honestly it wasn't worth my time. But since you insist on making accusations against me I guess I have no choice. I didn't argue with Pants and I didn't argue with Sputs. I let him have his small victory in weaseling his way out of being banned for 1 day. It wasn't a big deal and I wasn't going to make it into one. I suppose as a Skial admin you will just believe anyone who says they were banned for no reason. Of course they would never lie or make up bs to get unbanned, right?

I think you're full of shit.

30393883.jpg

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
^^^ Was about to say the same... With this "report abuse ban" incident you might wanna stay aside, mittens. Your point was made clear, we all got it, so please stop crapping this thread and giving your non-competent advices.

I know you are backing up Kev here, but you don't know what you're talking about either.

Kevin has belittled his own thread by making baseless accusations and shitposting against me. All I did was defend myself. I've attempted to move on but he just can't seem to stop. And you know what, all he had to say after the first or second post was "ok mittens, next time I'll do that" - THAT'S the guy I want for admin, not somebody who just can't stop arguing. He has had several opportunities to just say "lol k mittens" or nothing at all and get on with life but he can't seem to get there.

I've only responded to his accusations in case someone actually reads this and thinks Kevin knows wtf he is talking about. I don't like being called a liar, a shithead, and a bad admin. Although I think in the future I will let people believe whatever the hell they want. They just aren't worth the headache.

Kevin will also be happy to know that he gets the last word here so he can call me a shithead or whatever else he wants. I'm no longer responding to this thread.

agent00kevin

IF I see something that looks like lies, such as this:

Maybe that's why I haven't played it since TFC.

Im going to investigate everything you say. Just like with my kids, and just like with the contractors I deal with every day.

You don't see me join spectate because I was never on RED or BLU to begin with. Spectate is the mode you are in when you connect to a server.

After kicking them I remained in spec

Well, that right there shows another lie. You did join Blu. You didnt stay in spec.
Also, none of this is in the full page screenshot I took. Of course Im going to think you lied, when you have already proven to do so in the past, and all of the evidence I see in front of me says you are still lying.

Did you even read any part of your own screenshot? It's pretty clear just from reading what I said in chat that I was there explaining what is and isn't against the rules.

Did you even read the screenshot? Its not a chatlog, its the events. The screen I did post earlier showed you in 2Fort NY, warning about Heavy parties.

I went back to that page and it still is not showing this:

Its showing this:
Mittens.jpg

Do you have a page that I cant see? Given the lies about not playing 2fort since TFC and the lies about not joining any team, I dont know what to believe right now. If you lie about unimportant details, what else do you lie about? I notice how you fail to come up with a story to explain these lies. And you conveniently skim over the fact that I posted an image of Skial's own directions, stating to make a report only for problems that cant be solved with /votemenu.
votemenu.jpg

And here we solved a spam problem without having to get an Admin. Is that wrong too?
VOTE.jpg

Now, as an Admin, you can surely understand, that when I catch someone lying about one thing, Im going to look into everything they say. And right now, your story is more confusing than ever. You have screens of the event log that dont show up the same when I view them, you claim to never join a team, but it says you did...I would be honestly thankful if you can clear up how this is happening.

http://www.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=playerhistory&player=559080&page=37

Thats a direct link to the page showing what I took a screen of, which is missing several events you have in your screen. I will admint wrong IF you can explain why we show different things. However, like I said earlier, you already are caught in two lies now. What do you expect me to do? Believe everything you say in spite of obvious untruths?

agent00kevin

And you know what, all he had to say after the first or second post was "ok mittens, next time I'll do that" - THAT'S the guy I want for admin

So basically, you want the authority to command someone to do exactly as you say, even if its against the server's directions?

I don't like being called a liar, a shithead, and a bad admin.

But you did lie. You lied about not playing 2Fort since TfC, and you lied about not joining a team. I also never called you a shithead. (Another lie) Add another lie to your tally, because I never called you a bad admin.

Kevin will also be happy to know that he gets the last word here so he can call me a shithead or whatever else he wants. I'm no longer responding to this thread.

Because you cant explain your lies, Mittens.

Lastly, it sure looks to me like everything I presented is convincing and accurate. I cannot for the life of me find the same screenshots you posted in the event log. And the funny thing is, this all started because you chose to give me advice to do something that was completely unnecessary and against the directions posted in the server.

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
2 Things...

1.) We can't police all the servers all the time. We have 100 servers and only 20 admins.
2.) We have enough volume in that even if we did have admins on every server, we still wouldn't catch things and at that point there would be so many people with admin rights that there would be wide variations in policy enforcement. It's difficult as is to get 20 people to do something in a consistent manner.

I agree 2fort breeds idiots, but so does any game (especially F2P ones). What if he gets tired of 2fort and wants to play on the other servers regularly? Then we're stuck with the same problem and we don't want to force him to stay on a server against his will.

Heavy parties can be broken up easily and it's definitely annoying when they don't breakup because then I wind up banning 10 people and it's tedious.

Regarding mitten's "lies". You implied that he was a bad admin for his actions. I'm locking this and marking improve for now. I considered just deleting the derailing and letting this continue, but I think your responses have been enough to turn this off of considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.