[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This doesn't already exist? :o
I've mentioned it a few times in other threads but this is the first time I'm making a formal suggestion. I mean... We can send PMs, but that's a pain whenever you want to blanket all the admins every time.

Nacasius

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Contributor
Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
Leadership is excepted to be burdensome, its also not expected to complain about it since its gets perks also.
So yeah, you need to keep any arguing quiet and private.

D

DeadHerald

I like to suggest that Roman give me access to this forum as observer/intern/waitress. I can comment, but I don't get a vote.

I promise not to be obnoxious.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This would probably be a good idea. Honestly I would probably have an entire subforum for it, were it me. That way you dont have to pubicly post bans you do. There is no reason for the entire community to know why each and every person was banned. It need not even be mentioned unless they are attempting to Contest the ban, in which case you could have a subforum for that as well. +1 I support this.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
This would probably be a good idea. Honestly I would probably have an entire subforum for it, were it me. That way you dont have to pubicly post bans you do. There is no reason for the entire community to know why each and every person was banned. It need not even be mentioned unless they are attempting to Contest the ban, in which case you could have a subforum for that as well. +1 I support this.
Yeah, basically. LOL

We already have the forum for contesting bans.

Genocide

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I would still keep the bans viewable to everyone.
Anyone can goto sourcemod bans and view them there. Why would people need to view the posts admins make when they ban? The only thing that would come of that is allowing them to construct lies based on the admin post. Also, the community does not need to scrutinize our admins on their actions. We selected them based on trust and performance, we dont need to keep a troll based leash on them. Also, if an admin needs to ban someone for something that we have not yet made a rule for, they do not need a fucking book of crying children posts following the action. Or if they ban someone for an offense and dont ban another for the same offense (due to repeated offenses usually), they shouldnt have to deal with the grief of a community crying about it.

Reactions: Roman

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I would still keep the bans viewable to everyone.
Sourcebans is viewable to all. I don't post a thread for every ban because that would just be ridiculous to manage. I notation all my bans in Sourcebans for evidence, so if anybody complains, I pull that up.

Reactions: CiNiC

voodooelectricj

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
An admin only subforum?! A place where the percentage of rational people shoots up and the amount of drama plummets? +1

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Anyone can goto sourcemod bans and view them there. Why would people need to view the posts admins make when they ban? The only thing that would come of that is allowing them to construct lies based on the admin post. Also, the community does not need to scrutinize our admins on their actions. We selected them based on trust and performance, we dont need to keep a troll based leash on them. Also, if an admin needs to ban someone for something that we have not yet made a rule for, they do not need a fucking book of crying children posts following the action. Or if they ban someone for an offense and dont ban another for the same offense (due to repeated offenses usually), they shouldnt have to deal with the grief of a community crying about it.
This about sums up what I was going to say.

Turovik

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
I like to see who is banning who and for what. I guess that's just me.

voodooelectricj

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
You must not have met some of our other admins.

I never thought for an instant that it would ever hit 100% rational and 0% dramatic. Given the # of admins, you could have like 5 rational ones and it would probably be an improvement over the general population.