Status
Not open for further replies.

JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
but think of a flame war a pile of crap.... better to step in it when its been there for a while rather than fresh.......... or just avoid the whole damn thing to begin with :p
You are probably right.
anyways its hard typing from my phone, om out

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
No, they are not the same. Only a few of the admins have moderator powers on the forum.

uhhh

Yea... I know. I guess you missed that my response was DRIPPING WITH SARCASM. Who gives a FUCK how she behaves on the forums? If she's not applying for FORUM MODERATOR.

See?

Anyway... I mean FUCK IT MAN- A lot of people have spoken up now. You'd think that you'd get the picture but evidently not.

If she's a nice person on the forum she's likely to be nice in game too. Think before you post.

::facepalm::

Really? R E A L L Y?

There SEEMS to be enough dissenting voices to where you'd get the idea... GIILDY is just too controversial. The people who've +1'd her mostly don't play at turbine... they're just loving her here on the forums. big fucking woop.

I didn't want to say anything publicly... CAUSE I LIKE GIILDY. She IS a NICE PERSON. But last I checked, a 'nice person' doesn't necessarily make her a GOOD ADMIN. re-read the thread. None of these people know wtf they're talking about.

Now, you've heard my case... I hope you didn't 'tl;dr' it anyway. I dunno. It seems fucking hit-you-over-the-head-obvious that she is too contraversial to be admin. I don't want to piss her off, but that's the truth. Fuck it.

Reactions: Oli and Xemcrona

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
most of the people who voted +1 are forum regulars but honestly have never played on Turbine... nothing like jumping on the Popularity Bandwagon guys... selling out is fun

Reactions: Xemcrona

Xemcrona

Mildly Menacing Medic
most of the people who voted +1 are forum regulars but honestly have never played on Turbine... nothing like jumping on the Popularity Bandwagon guys... selling out is fun
selling out is great... I do it all the time!

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
uhhh

Yea... I know. I guess you missed that my response was DRIPPING WITH SARCASM. Who gives a FUCK how she behaves on the forums? If she's not applying for FORUM MODERATOR.

See?

Anyway... I mean FUCK IT MAN- A lot of people have spoken up now. You'd think that you'd get the picture but evidently not.

Really? R E A L L Y?

There SEEMS to be enough dissenting voices to where you'd get the idea... GIILDY is just too controversial. The people who've +1'd her mostly don't play at turbine... they're just loving her here on the forums. big fucking woop.

I didn't want to say anything publicly... CAUSE I LIKE GIILDY. She IS a NICE PERSON. But last I checked, a 'nice person' doesn't necessarily make her a GOOD ADMIN. re-read the thread. None of these people know wtf they're talking about.

Now, you've heard my case... I hope you didn't 'tl;dr' it anyway. I dunno. It seems fucking hit-you-over-the-head-obvious that she is too contraversial to be admin. I don't want to piss her off, but that's the truth. Fuck it.
Yes, really, really. So by your backwards ass logic, a bad person wouldn't necessarily be a bad admin I guess. And most of these people do know what they're talking about since they've played with her and otherwise seem to know her. So a seemingly overall nice person is too contraversial to be admin? Just gonna leave this facepalm riiiiiiiiiiiight heeeeeere for you:
:facepalm:
Enjoy douchebag.

PS: when you qoute me make sure to use the qoute option so that I'll know for sure that someone has said something to me in a thread, otherwise I'll just call you a coward, because it makes it look like you're hiding.

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
lol most of the people who +1'd her have blatently stated they dislike turbine and as she almost completely only plays on turbine that would require them to come to a server they dislike and play.... which is quite illogical.... why play where you hate playing

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
uhhh

See?

Really? R E A L L Y?

She's controversial? Man, you haven't been around here much. LOL

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
but is controversy more of what skial needs i mean (no offense cinic) but we already have cinic and he seems to do all right in that regard..... and we just dumped (or attempted to dump) del but, i guess you guys like the drama and controversy

D

DeadHerald

I can't believe the shitstorm here. Did the kitties not calm things enough?

I guess we need more kitties.

cute1.jpg

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Yes, really, really. So by your backwards ass logic, a bad person wouldn't necessarily be a bad admin I guess. And most of these people do know what they're talking about since they've played with her and otherwise seem to know her. So a seemingly overall nice person is too contraversial to be admin? Just gonna leave this facepalm riiiiiiiiiiiight heeeeeere for you:
Enjoy douchebag.

PS: when you qoute me make sure to use the qoute option so that I'll know for sure that someone has said something to me in a thread, otherwise I'll just call you a coward, because it makes it look like you're hiding.

Well, by my backwards ass logic...

I mean shit... dude... do you think at ALL before you type this crap? Yea man... bad people can often make good leaders. why the fuck are you talking about if she's a 'good person' or 'bad person' at all? It's immaterial.

And most of these people do know what they're talking about since they've played with her and otherwise seem to know her.

You just pulled that straight out of your ass. Most of these people DON'T play on turbine... in fact, MOST of the turbiners DON'T post here... aren't even registered even. I've noticed SEVERAL have registered ONLY to weigh in on this. Sit Back Down kid. Who the hell are you anyway?... oh.... someone who never plays turbine... right ... right...

She's controversial? Man, you haven't been around here much. LOL

Sure man... attack the fact that I don't post here much. way to go. I'm obviously talking about in TF2. not here. Again... if she was applying for forum moderator, then I wouldn't give a fuck. She's not. She's applying for Tf2 Admin... maybe you'd appreciate the difference if you ever played turbine at all creeping. As it stands, I don't know why you think anything other than her TURBINE/TF2 qualifications should be considered.

Wouldn't it be a more accurate reflection of her candidacy if people who DIDN'T play turbine would just STFU? I mean really... you're just padding the votes with this. If you don't play turbine, then this isn't about you.

again, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH- I Like giildy, I like PLAYING with giildy, I like TALKING to giildy (althought after this she probably wouldn't say the same thing about me! lol) I DO NOT think giildy should be an admin. I don't think we N E E D any more admins. If we have a problem now, we simply GET an admin. easy. done.

now giildy is spamming my messages and then logging off before I can reply... very level-headed...

Never tell your password to anyone.
Giildy: o
Giildy: So
Giildy: What is your
Giildy: problem with me
Giildy: because you have one
Giildy: and it is fucking huge
Giildy is currently offline, message cannot be sent.
Giildy: I can wait all day for a response and i would be delighted if I could get one. If you choose not to i'll live

I'll just chalk that off to steam error i guess...

wokmage

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
First off, I gotta give Giildy my +1, I've played with her on Turbine and other servers and worked with her to set up sconno's server. I am very confident that she is quality admin material.

Reactions: [TC]CreepingDeath

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
Well, by my backwards ass logic...

I mean shit... dude... do you think at ALL before you type this crap? Yea man... bad people can often make good leaders. why the fuck are you talking about if she's a 'good person' or 'bad person' at all? It's immaterial.

You just pulled that straight out of your ass. Most of these people DON'T play on turbine... in fact, MOST of the turbiners DON'T post here... aren't even registered even. I've noticed SEVERAL have registered ONLY to weigh in on this. Sit Back Down kid. Who the hell are you anyway?... oh.... someone who never plays turbine... right ... right...

again, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH- I Like giildy, I like PLAYING with giildy, I like TALKING to giildy (althought after this she probably wouldn't say the same thing about me! lol) I DO NOT think giildy should be an admin. I don't think we N E E D any more admins. If we have a problem now, we simply GET an admin. easy. done.

now giildy is spamming my messages and then logging off before I can reply... very level-headed...

Bet you think Bush was a good president too. Sit back down KID? Really? I guess being 18 years old makes you a kid nowadays. Who I am? I'm Ozone obviously, thought it said that under my pic there on the left. Kinda hard to play on a server where you'll have 250+ ping now isn't it? You're the one saying shit that's irrelevant and you like giildy, you like talking and playing with giildy but yet you don't want her as an admin because -insert stupid reasoning here-?

lordthree

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Bet you think Bush was a good president too. Sit back down KID? Really? I guess being 18 years old makes you a kid nowadays. Who I am? I'm Ozone obviously, thought it said that under my pic there on the left. Kinda hard to play on a server where you'll have 250+ ping now isn't it? You're the one saying shit that's irrelevant and you like giildy, you like talking and playing with giildy but yet you don't want her as an admin because -insert stupid reasoning here-?

Bringing politics into this? nice. No, I didn't vote for bush, or gore, I voted Ralph Nader, and then, I voted Ralph Nader again... but seeing as how your only 18 (yes, sorry if that offends you, but when you grow up you'll start looking at 18 year olds as 'kids') you've never voted and don't know who Ralph Nader is.

Anyway... sorry about that. Further posts from Ozone in regards to a server he (admittedly) knows nothing about will be ignored.

get a screenshot at least lord.

This is a tricky one. How do you get a screenshot of a condescending voice? How do you get a screenshot of someone acting like a loose cannon? How do you get a screenshot of an overwhelmingly bad-vibe?

Well... I got one. It requires explanation, but this is the best I can come up with on such short notice.

TzZkN.jpg

That's a picture of Giildys room on the Brotato minecraft server. I'm an admin (maybe not for long- seeing as how all this is going) there as well as giildy. RedMenace built this 'lodge' near the spawn, and gave all the admins rooms on the top floor. Giildy put these signs up. A LONG TIME AGO. Yes, I could have easily faked this, but I'm not that petty. I believe Giildy will admit that this is her room, her signs.

Admittedly, she did this as a joke. Obviously. BUT, the humor in all jokes stems from a kernel of truth- otherwise it wouldn't be funny. The root of all comedy is in honesty. Feel free to argue about that, It's subjective, and my opinion.

This is the best I can do as far as a screenshot. Giildy has completely written me off now as a result of all this bullshit drama and that's EXACTLY what I didn't want to happen.

Giildy: ::thumbs up:: I'm going to assume that you are both mad bro and a jerk, the way I assumed you were a jerk for a very long time and unfriend you now instead of just blocking you :) I assume you wil have hard feelings about this but i will not speak to you in turbine nor would I in any other social realm. I hope you have a great time playing in turbine and wherever else you hoose to play. if friends of friends have us gathered together I won't avoid you. I don't think you actually have the high ground, I do kind of think you are rather passive agressive and I can't respect that. I'm not sure how we could remain friends since communication between the two of us has been so poor. It does not bode well for any future social interactions. Have a nice day ^_^

Whatever. I'll get over it. I've tried to be diplomatic, and I would LOVE to remain friends with her, but it seems that the fates will not allow it. I'd rather stand on my principles despite the fact that my opinion may not be popular.

Believe it or not, but I AM a really nice guy. Most people (showney not included) will agree. I try hard to be nice to everyone on turbine, I stick up for the little guys, and I think it's better to build people up- rather than knocking them down. I'm aware that most of the people (non-turbiners) on this thread don't know me, it can't be helped.

I stand to loose an enormous amount of popularity as a result of my conviction that Giildy would make a bad admin. That's fine. I've got nothing against Giildy, or anyone who +1d her. I just know that she would be a terrible admin and would abuse the power- maybe not even directly. People are SCARED of giildy. They are afraid to SAY they are scared of giildy. I speak for these people. If Giildy was admin, we'd all be walking around on eggshells. It wouldn't be fun. I'd leave skial (I love skial!) and have to find a new server.

She has a domineering point of view. If you agree with her, then she loves you. As soon as you dare to voice an opinion that contradicts hers, then... you're VAPOR. BLAM. GONE. You immediately lose all credibility.

As an example, when discussing the merits of the blackbox vs normal rocket launcher.... She feels (and has researched extensively) that the black box is crap. If you say otherwise, she'll basically say 'talk to the palm- your an idiot' and just ignores any further discourse... your opinion no longer matters.

Since this thread began, she's been confronting me as to WHY I think she isn't suited to admin. I explained exactly (in steam chat) what I'm explaining now publicly. I mentioned the blackbox example. She says-

Giildy: I'd like to think that the collective wisdom of r/tf2 is pretty good

Yes, it is. But people ARE ENTITLED TO THERE OWN FUCKING OPINIONS. If you disagree with her then doh- your just an idiot who knows nothing. Like I am now.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Giildy: o
Giildy: So
Giildy: What is your
Giildy: problem with me
Giildy: because you have one
Giildy: and it is fucking huge
Giildy: I can wait all day for a response and i would be delighted if I could get one. If you choose not to i'll live
It was a steam error on your end, I didn't flicker offline while waiting for you.
Also THE MATURITY OF BRINGING UP OUTSIDE CONVOS INTO HERE. Aw yeeah bro. Aw yeah.

anyways, for the curious.
10:08 AM - Giildy: o
10:08 AM - Giildy: So
10:08 AM - Giildy: What is your
10:08 AM - Giildy: problem with me
10:08 AM - Giildy: because you have one
10:08 AM - Giildy: and it is fucking huge
10:12 AM - Giildy: I can wait all day for a response and i would be delighted if I could get one. If you choose not to i'll live
10:31 AM - =LordThree=: hmmm?<----dripping with sweetness
10:31 AM - Giildy: oh don't do that
10:32 AM - Giildy: What is your specific problem with me being an admin
10:32 AM - =LordThree=: I think you'd lord it over everyone
10:32 AM - =LordThree=: there you go
10:32 AM - =LordThree=: I said it
10:32 AM - =LordThree=: problem?
10:32 AM - =LordThree=: you don't think you would?
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: heh
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: type a message then delete it
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: nice
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: i c i c
10:33 AM - Giildy: May I ask how I have lorded expanded (actual) responsibility over people?
10:33 AM - Giildy: I wanted to be clear
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: I didn't say you have did I?
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: please don't put words in my mouth
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: In fact, I've gone out of my way to say that you haven't
10:33 AM - =LordThree=: HA
10:34 AM - =LordThree=: I just think you would
10:34 AM - Giildy: My question is if you have any previous actual experience with anything that might suggest I would be a bad admin
10:34 AM - =LordThree=: well, I think you'd kinda a loose cannon
10:34 AM - =LordThree=: remember that shit where that uy said you were hacking? For more details pm dead herald (witness in mumble), bopper (witness in mumble), Malak4 (the person who lord misunderstood)
10:34 AM - =LordThree=: you went ape shit
10:34 AM - =LordThree=: why?
10:34 AM - =LordThree=: you could have just explained that I misunderstood
10:34 AM - Giildy: I did not go ape shit
10:35 AM - Giildy: I tried
10:35 AM - Giildy: you weren't listening
10:35 AM - =LordThree=: but instead you started some 90210 drama
10:35 AM - Giildy: You
10:35 AM - Giildy: were not listening to what i was saying
10:35 AM - =LordThree=: heh
10:35 AM - =LordThree=: ok
10:35 AM - =LordThree=: whatever
10:35 AM - Giildy: I left because you were talkng over me
10:35 AM - Giildy: and you didn't even know what you were saying
10:35 AM - =LordThree=: o-k
10:35 AM - =LordThree=: whatever
10:36 AM - Giildy: Am I incorrect in my assumption that you
10:36 AM - Giildy: that night
10:36 AM - Giildy: were unaware of what the actual situation was, and were unable to completely convey what was happening
10:37 AM - =LordThree=: well, I confronted iParty too
10:37 AM - =LordThree=: he didn't freak out
10:37 AM - Giildy: were you yelling at him in mumble?
10:39 AM - =LordThree=: I guess we'll have to disagree about the definaition of 'yelling'
10:40 AM - Giildy: What I did, was leave a confrontational situation, and get anther source of information about the situtaion
10:40 AM - Giildy: I was expecti ng taht you would have calmed down in the morning whe you were less impared
10:40 AM - =LordThree=: lol
10:40 AM - =LordThree=: ok
10:40 AM - =LordThree=: attack me
10:40 AM - Giildy: and then you would have seen what was happening
10:40 AM - =LordThree=: what do you want?
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: I don't see why your messaging me really...? what are you trying to accomplish?
10:41 AM - Giildy: to understand why you've been so pissed at me for so long :-/
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: Oh, I'm not pissed at all
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: You know it
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: I know it
10:41 AM - Giildy: I see
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: if anything...
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: you seem a little testy
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: It's simply my opinion that we don't NEED admins.
10:41 AM - =LordThree=: sorry that you disagree
10:42 AM - Giildy: I may infact be testy, because you don't just give specific points.
10:42 AM - =LordThree=: I have the rights to my own opinions right?
10:42 AM - =LordThree=: or are you trying to instill yours on me now?
10:42 AM - Giildy: Admin applications are for those that could be admin if they choose to add more admins
10:42 AM - =LordThree=: well, I hope they choose not too
10:42 AM - =LordThree=: nuff said?
10:42 AM - =LordThree=: I mean FUCK giildy.. WHY DO YOU WANT IT?
10:42 AM - =LordThree=: if not to boss people around?
10:43 AM - =LordThree=: and scare people?
10:43 AM - =LordThree=: WHY WOULD ANYONE WANT IT?
10:43 AM - =LordThree=: I have to think about your motivation
10:43 AM - =LordThree=: If YOU got admin, me and a couple of the other guys would be muted all the time (Apprently I, Giildy, don't know how client mutes work)
10:43 AM - Giildy: Because I asked for the ability to clean the reports section when it was out of control and it pissed me off that I couldn't act on really unfortunate situtaions in the dead of night when no other admin was awake
10:43 AM - =LordThree=: as soon as we disagreed with you about ANYTHING
10:43 AM - =LordThree=: you think your OPINION is fact
10:44 AM - =LordThree=: For example....
10:44 AM - Giildy: votespammer in dustbowl
10:44 AM - Giildy: mic spam in 2 fort
10:45 AM - Giildy: all you really need is green text
10:45 AM - =LordThree=: when we were discussing the merits of the blackbox vs. other rocket launchers... you basically just said 'talk to the palm' and acted like anyone who thought otherwise had no credibility at all
10:45 AM - =LordThree=: that's the kind of shit im talking about
10:45 AM - =LordThree=: you seem like you think your opinion is superior to everyone else
10:45 AM - =LordThree=: I can live with that
10:45 AM - =LordThree=: but I don't want you having POWER over all of us
10:45 AM - =LordThree=: that would be a huge mistake
10:45 AM - Giildy: I'd like to think that the collective wisdom of r/tf2 is pretty good
10:46 AM - Giildy: and it seems like you just love raging at me when you're drunk
10:46 AM - Giildy: and that pisses me off
10:46 AM - Giildy: so even if I don't actually care that much
10:46 AM - Giildy: suddenly i do
10:46 AM - =LordThree=: well that's fine. that's your opinion. you're entitled to it.
10:46 AM - Giildy: yep
10:46 AM - =LordThree=: saying that im 'drunk' is a cop out tho
10:46 AM - =LordThree=: i'm always drunk
10:46 AM - =LordThree=: i'm an alcoholic
10:46 AM - =LordThree=: lol
10:46 AM - =LordThree=: get real
10:46 AM - Giildy: and It's not like my opinion on the black box is an admin matter o.0
10:46 AM - =LordThree=: it has nothing to do with drinking
10:47 AM - Giildy: yes it does
10:47 AM - =LordThree=: ok then
10:47 AM - =LordThree=: that's your opinion
10:47 AM - Giildy: for me
10:47 AM - Giildy: it does
10:47 AM - Giildy: The only time i feel like I need to mute you and hide is when you're drunk
10:48 AM - Giildy: I've left servers because you were drunk
10:48 AM - Giildy: You've been muted because you were drunk
10:48 AM - =LordThree=: Well, I can say the same thing
10:48 AM - =LordThree=: your not a very likable drunk yourself
10:48 AM - Giildy: by whole servers
10:48 AM - Giildy: I don't think I've ever been muted by the whole server ever?
10:48 AM - =LordThree=: lol
10:49 AM - Giildy: like a votemenu was never called on me that passed
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: Im not sure I've been either tho...
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: you're just pulling that out of your ass
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: I see the votes come up
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: when Im drunk sometimes
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: but most people roll with it
10:49 AM - Giildy: oh you have been, if not that then anya did the muting after I left :-/ I checked with anya after the conversation. I was wrong :(okay.png yo. okay.png and apparently I can't look up mutes :(
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: it's NEVER passed
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: but yea
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: convince yourself otherwise
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: whatever
10:49 AM - =LordThree=: Look- why does it matter what I think
10:50 AM - =LordThree=: I've tried to be diplomatic
10:50 AM - =LordThree=: you've got the votes right?
10:50 AM - =LordThree=: why are you bitching at me now?
10:50 AM - Giildy: Because I should have bitched at you over a month ago when I first started feeling like I needed to stary away from you
10:50 AM - Giildy: *stay
10:51 AM - =LordThree=: yea, well you did then, and you are now
10:51 AM - Giildy: I did not then
10:51 AM - Giildy: I pulled out and avoided
10:51 AM - =LordThree=: and you bitched at honey bunches for HOURS about that Tifa shit for christ sake
10:51 AM - =LordThree=: you think he just up and left steam for no reason?
10:51 AM - =LordThree=: nope
10:51 AM - =LordThree=: you forced him away
10:51 AM - Giildy: lol
10:51 AM - Giildy: oh man
10:52 AM - =LordThree=: sorry if that shatters your fragile grip on reality
10:52 AM - Giildy: I will go right ahead and ask him if I was the reason he left
10:52 AM - =LordThree=: but you wouldn't be a good admin
10:52 AM - =LordThree=: sorry
10:52 AM - =LordThree=: ask him
10:52 AM - =LordThree=: you think he'd admit it?
10:52 AM - =LordThree=: he loves you
10:53 AM - =LordThree=: you've got a fan-club
10:53 AM - =LordThree=: you know you do
10:53 AM - =LordThree=: you scare people who disagree with you
10:53 AM - =LordThree=: thats the fact
10:53 AM - =LordThree=: well, I'm gonna go smoke a grab a bite to eat.
10:53 AM - =LordThree=: If you want to continue this, I'm not against it
10:54 AM - =LordThree=: but I don't know what it can accomplish
10:54 AM - =LordThree=: I'd like to remain civil, and remain friends, but clearly that's not going to work for you
10:54 AM - =LordThree=: I'll get over it
10:57 AM - Giildy: ::thumbs up:: I'm going to assume that you are both mad bro and a jerk, the way I assumed you were a jerk for a very long time and unfriend you now instead of just blocking you :) I assume you wil have hard feelings about this but i will not speak to you in turbine nor would I in any other social realm. I hope you have a great time playing in turbine and wherever else you hoose to play. if friends of friends have us gathered together I won't avoid you. I don't think you actually have the high ground, I do kind of think you are rather passive agressive and I can't respect that. I'm not sure how we could remain friends since communication between the two of us has been so poor. It does not bode well for any future social interactions. Have a nice day ^_^
10:57 AM - Giildy: wall of text
11:16 AM - =LordThree=: ok. cool. like I said, I've got no problems with you, I just don't want you to be admin. Let me put it to you like this... do you want ME to be admin? honestly you know you don't. I feel the same way. I don't know about 'high-ground'- you sure have the votes on your side. I think unfriending me is petty, but like I said above, I think it's impossible for you to continue being friends with ME... not the other way around. As for passive aggressive... REALLY? that's one think I've never been accused of... it speaks to your world view and your perception of reality If you think i'm passive aggressive. Maybe the rest of these guys who are too scared of you to -1 you, but obviously not me

I hope the individuals with popcorn at the ready enjoyed that :D
Not sure if my performance was really worthy though :(
Should i be more insane next time?

There was also a little bit from someone else I privately messaged about how they didn't like how I defended Bopper when people were calling him a hacker and I thought they were being dicks to him while he was on Turbine. o.0
Okay.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.