aesthetik

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Servers:
HIGHTOWER+ | US | Fast
Time:
Most days ~5-9, if i don't have work off and on throughout the day, if it's a weekend i'm a nightowl and up until 5 am at times.
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
I wouldn't be mad, perhaps disapointed, but that'd probably be my fauly anyways.
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
!ban ^ 30 "Obvious Aimbot", or console based: sm_ban "zack6849" 30 "Obvious Aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
I don't really know what sort of answers you guys are looking for, per-se, but i'm a friendly regular on the servers, i've been playing tf2 for quite a while, as well as on skial, i've also got quite a bit of experience as a programmer, which skial seems to be interested in, at least according to the "how we pick admins" thread.

I'm a hobbyist software developer, have been for several years, i run servers of my own, though i'm not incredibly active on the garry's mod server i run, as i no longer play that game. I've got a decent amount of knowledge about tf2, sourcepawn, and general server administration.

I feel i'm a fair person when it comes to judging things, however, truth be told i suppose everyone sees themselves as perfectly reasonable.
I've honestly only ever seen an admin on the hightower server like two times, however i've seen a couple of hackers on, not often granted, but still, it can be very irritating when you have people voting no to ban an obvious hacker because he's on their team and they don't care, and thus nothing passes the 90% vote threshold.​

aesthetik

Contributor
Eh, i use abrasive language sometimes, it's not like i'd do that sort of stuff as an admin on a server when i'm trying to uphold a reputation.

In my defense, that guy had just traded and got like 16 unusuals at once.

Wow, reading through my chatlogs makes me look like a terrible person, lmao.
I don't talk much in chat unless it's to post lennies or joke with people.

Last edited:

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Eh, i use abrasive language sometimes, it's not like i'd do that sort of stuff as an admin on a server when i'm trying to uphold a reputation.
So, you want us to assume that your language will magically change the moment you become admin, and you'll stop breaking the rules? Sorry, that isn't going to fly. We would appreciate having applicants who have been following the rules already, and that they aren't just going to magically start following them once they apply for admin. Additionally, you do not even have the required number of hours to apply for admin.

aesthetik

Contributor
I do if you consider the part where as i said I'm on quite late at night EST depending on the day. You also mentioned in that thread exceptions are ocasionally made based upon someone's usefulness, i could probably help with sourcepawn things, if needed.
I'm not going to lie and pretend that I'm some sort of angel, but if you expect anyone who's not playing on a server specifically with the intent of getting staff to act like some sort of robot 100% of the time, you're silly.
I don't deny me saying that was inappropriate though, if me saying a somewhat racist word in that context voids my application i understand.
Edit: i also feel you're judging me with the assumption breaking 1 rule = total disregard for all the rules, which is simply not the case.

Is there a position more along the lines of just a "moderator" of sorts i could apply for? i honestly feel i fit the role of a moderator more than administrator, truth be told.

Last edited:

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
We expect you to follow the rules. Especially when applying for admin position, you're going to be brought under a microscope and checked for everything.

No, there are no TF2 moderator positions.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I do if you consider the part where as i said I'm on quite late at night EST depending on the day.
I'm not going to lie and pretend that I'm some sort of angel, but if you expect anyone who's not playing on a server specifically with the intent of getting staff to act like some sort of robot 100% of the time, you're silly.
I don't deny me saying that was inappropriate though, if me saying a somewhat racist word in that context voids my application i understand.
Edit: i also feel you're judging me with the assumption breaking 1 rule = total disregard for all the rules, which is simply not the case.

Is there a position more along the lines of just a "moderator" of sorts i could apply for? i honestly feel i fit the role of a moderator more than administrator, truth be told.
No, mods/admins on the servers are the same thing. However, if you're interested in being an admin for the sake of programming, I believe that would be an acceptable excuse for your low number of hours. I am just not sure the rule breaking is helpful for your case. Also, we don't expect people to be "robots." I never once broke a rule before I even considered being an admin (there was at least 3+ years there of me not wanting to be an admin). I know this applies for many others as well. They understand the rules put forth, and they strive to follow them in order to be a good community member.

Also: You did not state your time zone on your application, so we couldn't have known what "5am" was in reference too. You might want to fix that to EST.

aesthetik

Contributor
No, mods/admins on the servers are the same thing. However, if you're interested in being an admin for the sake of programming, I believe that would be an acceptable excuse for your low number of hours. I am just not sure the rule breaking is helpful for your case. Also, we don't expect people to be "robots." I never once broke a rule before I even considered being an admin (there was at least 3+ years there of me not wanting to be an admin). I know this applies for many others as well. They understand the rules put forth, and they strive to follow them in order to be a good community member.
I am interested in being an admin, and am an experienced programmer, sourcemod isn't my specialty or anything, but if you guys need things done i can probably help.
Again, the rule breaking was bad, and i apologize, though I'd hope people would understand it was situational and i regret it, and be willing to overlook it, however if not, i completely understand.

Also, i'm very much a different person depending on situations or whatnot, if I'm trying to be a polite person and represent something and be responsible, i can, but i join the server to relax, so occasionally i say things that aren't so appropriate, though as i said, if I'm trying to uphold a serious reputation, i'd have no problem doing so.

I'm gonna stop replying to everything you post with something to counter your points, i hope it doesn't come off as me trying to argue with you.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think perhaps, you should get a chance to prove yourself, but clearly, this first time won't cut it. That said, your time is also lacking.

I am marking this improve. If anyone disagrees, just give me a call.

aesthetik

Contributor
what exactly is it you guys generally want to see improved upon, just my behavior in chat? would re-applying at 200 hours or so be too soon?

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
what exactly is it you guys generally want to see improved upon, just my behavior in chat? would re-applying at 200 hours or so be too soon?

You should have at least two hundred hours, and honestly, for your sake, I'd recommend you don't re-apply until you're at three hundred or four hundred. I hope you're not trying to skid any minimal requirements, and I personally do hope you clean up that chat.

aesthetik

Contributor
I intend to clean up my chat, i'll probably come back and apply when i'm at about that many.