Reviewing Admin App: TapTap

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by TapTap, Sep 9, 2019.

1. JohnnyGaloshes

JohnnyGaloshes Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

I want to be clear that i am not hating on him/her and i am not basing this on ANY of his abilities. I'm just saying that he had his chance, and he decided to leave. Clearly his life has gotten busier, one would expect, and will he actually have time to do his duties banning people without cause and flaming in unmod.

If he says he can handle it then by all means +1

But i would be hesitant is all...

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • Winning x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. Rachel The Promised End

Rachel The Promised End Uncharitable Spy

Steam:

You've proven yourself in the past, and as a fellow going to college, I deem you worthy of a +1

I've Admined for Instagram accounts before, so I understand the feeling of not balancing everything, we all do at a certain point.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Chance

Chance Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

that little bitch would come into teamspeak and call me gay he would
    +1

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Troll Troll x 1
  4. Jermaphobe

Jermaphobe Moderator Contributor Legendary Mapper

Steam:

Question time, although you know the drill. Ensure your answers are detailed and step-by-step.

Chance joins the same server as you and starts playing "Lil Dicky - Freaky Friday" over voice. How do you proceed? If punishment is required, use his Steam3ID

2. A report comes in on a user friendlying on Bottiger's 24/7 Idle/Trade with demo. What do you do? If punishmeent is required, use my Steam3ID.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. TapTap

TapTap Legendary Skial King Contributor

1. 1. Micspam
    Disregarding the content of the song, music on mic is not allowed on trade at all. On normal servers, its allowed and left for the server to deal with through a vote, unless it sounds like a plane engine or its earrape.
    In the case of trade, I would silence for a day for micspam with sm_silence "#[U:1:94454090]" 1440 "Music on mic on Trade". sm_mute could also work if I feel like said user is legitimately trading in text, and I don't see ill-will from them.

1. 2. Racism
    About the song itself and the definition of racism... the n-word is allowed on the servers as long as its not used with derogatory or discriminatory intent. That means "whats up n***as?" is allowed and not punishable. In general, be it in a song or in text, the context is what matters. I just looked the song lyrics up and it's arguably racist in its core (it's the theme of this rap piece).
    In this case, I would sm_silence "#[U:1:94454090]" 1440 "Racism".
    No action if the n-word is deemed non offensive in its context.
    Another distinguishing factor for racism is the soft vs hard n-word. The hard n-word more often than not holds a hate speech connotation to it.

2. Friendlying on idle (lol)
    Friendlying is not allowed anywhere but Trade and Idle. You can't friendly if the map has no objective. I would inform the reporter that the idle server is sort of made to friendly, and to friendly there is not against the rules.
    Depending on time availability I would join your friendly party as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winning Winning x 1
  6. Maddo

Maddo Gaben's Own Aimbot Contributor

Steam:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. TapTap

I didn't take it personally and I understood your concerns pretty well.

Thanks for your input. I'm fairly certain I can. I'll leave unmod for you though

Lol come on Maddo it's not like that.

You were asking for it.

Thank you. :)

8. Toxik

Toxik Moderator Contributor

Gonna leave this right here

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pedro the fabulous

Pedro the fabulous Trade Moderator Contributor Master Mapper

Steam:

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Nicholas771212

Nicholas771212 TF2 Admin

Steam:

+1

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. soo

soo TF2 Admin Contributor

Steam:

+1. Good effort on the app. Always good to see returning players. Good luck on the app and law degree.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. TapTap

Thank you guys, appreciate it.

13. Gamer4605

Gamer4605 Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

Steam:

+1

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice