Princess Twilight Sparkle

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Servers:
JAILBREAK | NY
Time:
5PM-10PM
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No as if I lose it I am sure I would have done something wrong as to lose Jailbreak Moderator
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
Step one, type "status" in console. Step 2, copy the STEAMID. Step 3, type sm_ban "#STEAM_0:1:44729504" 0 "Aimbot" in console.
Any other reason you should be admin:
First off I would lke to state that this is for Jailbreak Moderator NOT for Skial Administrator. I am very well known in jailbreak (I have gotten freedays for the reason of "cause you always get freedays") and play every day. Up unto this point I would be on all day due to no school. But the hours I have entered are according including time for school and things of that nature. I do have some experience with administrative though not on TF2. I do see quite a bit of freekilling and vote abuse (such as a warden was vote slain as soon as a round started just cause he was a new jailbreak player) and that upsets me. I want to put a stop to this as freekilling, vote abuse, jarate/milk farming, freehitting and freekilling need to be stopped. I would like to help stop those if possible.​

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Your other app got marked improve. Don't make another one the same day (or next day) of your other app. Something tells me in the little time with of your other app you didn't improve.

Most people on this forum are going to tell you wait weeks to months to re-apply. That's going to be your best bet.

TurkîVulture

Positively Inhumane Poster
@Cowboy Crow is right, now your just hurting your chances, your ban command is still wrong and you still need to improve

Please do so and then re-apply, if I were you I would take @Cowboy Crow's advice and wait at least a month before reapplying.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Crow's got it going on. Also, I have yet to actually see a report from you on Skial. The votemenu/report function isn't the only tool you have to report rule breakers on the server. You can also come here on the forums and report a player(s) via the report player link under the report section on the home page. Evidence is not required but extremely helpful, especially on Jailbreak. You can also add admins to your friend list, but I can't tell if you already did because you have a private profile.

Scarcely Lethal Noob
@ Cowboy Crow
I am unable the edit the other application due to not having enough posts here on skial. I was told by Sroy to re-apply which I have, also my I did improve since my last application as I now know the banning command by heart. Please do actually read my application before assuming I failed.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@ Cowboy Crow
I am unable the edit the other application due to not having enough posts here on skial. I was told by Sroy to re-apply which I have, also my I did improve since my last application as I now know the banning command by heart. Please do actually read my application before assuming I failed.
I'm telling you how it is. Sroy said nothing on your app to do so. Unless he told you in PM and was not clear he should of been. A higher up admin is going to see this and mark it improve or even decline it.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
@ Cowboy Crow
He isn't assuming you failed, he is just telling you that this app is up too soon from your other and you should probably wait a bit before re-applying.
Also Chel is right, if you would like to put a stop to it why have you not been making reports? -1

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I would like to let everyone know I encouraged him to re-apply as a moderator, as I thought it would be a bit easier and different than admin.

That being said, I can definitely see why people think its too soon, and I thought that he would wait a bit or explain why he was reapplying in the app.

+1 from me regardless.

Scarcely Lethal Noob
What admin experience have you had?
I have had admin on expierence on minecraft on 3 servers total. I know it is not the same as team fortress two but it is still experience. I no longer have admin on 2 of the three servers as 2 of them have been taken down due to the owner not paying for the server.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
Step one, type "status" in console. Step 2, copy the STEAMID. Step 3, type sm_ban "#STEAM_0:1:44729504" 0 "Aimbot" in console.
Incorrect in regards to what is being asked specifically

You're being rather hasty, I'd give it at least a month before re-applying, it's a -1 for me

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Here's what I want you to do.

I want you to keep playing on the servers, getting time, and report the issues you see. Take demos of whats going on, and show us. I appreciate you wanting to help, but you can help while still being just a player. Inform people of the rules, give them warnings that they could be punished for actions they are doing, and add the admins who frequent jailbreak.

The issues that I see are that your responses to critique are not very good, you're getting really defensive fast and thats not a good way to present yourself. Look at this as if it were an interview, if someone asks you a critical question, you don't want to get super defensive about it. I also see you're not reading the questions offered, we didn't say ban permanently, even though thats the correct response, we asked specifically for 30 minutes. In order for someone to become an admin or a mod, they need to follow instructions, and you're not doing that.

Keep going on the forums, talk to people, be social. Apply in a month, for either one, and we'll see where we go from there. Okay?

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I admire your enthusiasm and do understand that there is no hard rule stated as to how long anybody needs to wait to reapply.
I marked your original application as 'improve' mainly due to the fact that you believe that the majority of problems are not reported, and as sarcasm stated the ingame report function is not the only way to solve issues.
You have a huge amount of playtime, and you do seem to understand the dynamics of the game, with this being evident I would have expected a lot of the problems that you have seen being brought to an admins attention.
It is key players like yourself that we would like to see monitoring our servers, but we do expect them to take the initiative in getting issues resolved.
I'm going to leave this app open (as is) to give you the opportunity and time to prove yourself to us, this time will give you the chance to:

• Get support on your app from other regs on the server
  • Answer any questions that may appear on your application
  • Get as many issues resolved as you can by taking heed of what sarcasm recommends that you do.
  • Get the ban question right.

Further down the line we will review your application and take it from there.

Reactions: Chance

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I admire your enthusiasm and do understand that there is no hard rule stated as to how long anybody needs to wait to reapply.
I marked your original application as 'improve' mainly due to the fact that you believe that the majority of problems are not reported, and as sarcasm stated the ingame report function is not the only way to solve issues.
You have a huge amount of playtime, and you do seem to understand the dynamics of the game, with this being evident I would have expected a lot of the problems that you have seen being brought to an admins attention.
It is key players like yourself that we would like to see monitoring our servers, but we do expect them to take the initiative in getting issues resolved.
I'm going to leave this app open (as is) to give you the opportunity and time to prove yourself to us, this time will give you the chance to:

• Get support on your app from other regs on the server
    Answer any questions that may appear on your application
    Get as many issues resolved as you can by taking heed of what sarcasm recommends that you do.
    Get the ban question right.

Further down the line we will review your application and take it from there.
It said I was unable to edit the original application, otherwise I would have done so.

The Ur Pigeon

Uncharitable Spy
First off I would lke to state that this is for Jailbreak Moderator NOT for Skial Administrator.​

That is not a distinction you get to make.

EDIT: To clarify, you won't only be responsible for Jailbreak, if you were to make moderator. From what I understand, you're expected to help on any Skial server that needs it, regardless of what your "home" server is.

EDIT 2.0: I'm guessing from the number of "Disagrees" that my post is getting, Jailbreak servers work differently for some reason. I'll be honest, I don't play them, so it could be something I missed. Maybe there's a tier below admin called "moderator"? If that's the case, my apologies. If not however, and you are in fact applying for admin, I stand by my statement.

FINAL EDIT: So after a brief discussion with Cr33p3r, I now understand the rules are in fact different for Jailbreak servers. As above, you have my apologies.

Leaving the post as is for transparency's sake.

Last edited: