S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Chill. I only pointed out that she didn't make any reports, which I personally consider essential for someone trying to be an admin. It shows they care about the community.
Now, don't come say (like socks did) reports are the job of admins only.

Oprah seems nice yeah, but as I don't know her, never played with her, can't see much of her chat behaviour since she uses mostly voice, can't see any reports or anything else that proves she "cares" about the community, I really can't support the app, so I'll go with a 0 as well.
I think your forgetting the purpose of an admin. It's the admin's job to handle such inquiries elsewhere. Reporting is a great feature and again...I just think if that's something that's required then it should be stated. However...as KillerZebra said (an admin) "You don't have to make reports to become an admin."

I think if you don't know the applicant and you have nothing to use to judge the person (as you said) then you shouldn't vote. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to blindly give you a negative vote/opinion.

I can't speak for PoomBa but I'm pretty sure him as well as half the regulars on our server feel like we could use an admin. Oprah was just trying to do that.

To the "old" and "dumb" markers.....would you mind putting in your opinion? That's what the forums are for. I encourage you to respond. It opens dialogue rather then then being a troll.

Creamy Goodness

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I also feel Oprah would make a great admin. She's a regular on Payload server where I often play and is very calm and fair and would do a great job. It would be good to have a regular player on that server to be an admin and I can't think of anyone better suited than Oprah.

Sakiko

Contributor
Am on a server with you and modern crafts was using racism which was commented on by everyone no reports was submited or requests for them to stop.

For now its -1 till you start submitting reports

GimpFather

Unremarkable User
What did Modern Craftsman say? Was it a single comment, or barrage of racist comments? What was exactly said by him and commented on by others?

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
I have no idea why this was re-opened after @Sargent¥ marked it lmao

The application is overall extremely low effort. Just a short paragraph that consists of several reiterations of “I love Skial and want to make it nice”

She didn’t state what time zone she is in, or any time zone for a frame of reference to her availability (even though the application states that you need to include a time zone)

She got the ban command wrong, as the instructions clearly state to input the SteamID, showing she doesn’t know the difference between an ID and a username.

She states she wants to make the community a better place and keep the servers clean, yet she has never submitted a valid report (the easiest way to improve the community and keep the servers clean)

When she was told she should be making more reports, she submitted an invalid report on someone who wasn’t breaking any rules. This shows that she doesn’t know the server rules and is easily triggered by any edgy user who inhabits the same server she’s in.

-1 lmao

Ninjaneer(2018)

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I think Opray would make a great admin.

She's fun and reasonable and would bring a healthy balance to some of the inane and undesirable conversations and play that sometimes happen on skial servers.

She got create connection and healthy banter with other players and isn't easily offended. At the same time she's got a keen insight on what's rude or creating an unhealthy play environment.

All in all, she's got great empathy for players who want to hang out, have some fun with other players and improve their skills.

She'd make a great admin and you'd make a horrible mistake in denying her admin. God knows we need a good admin on the Team Fortress payload servers. Without it you're likely to destroy good play and the great atmosphere that usually exists.

Oprah Of Flamey Goodness

Contributor
I have no idea why this was re-opened after @Sargent¥ marked it lmao

The application is overall extremely low effort. Just a short paragraph that consists of several reiterations of “I love Skial and want to make it nice”

She didn’t state what time zone she is in, or any time zone for a frame of reference to her availability (even though the application states that you need to include a time zone)

She got the ban command wrong, as the instructions clearly state to input the SteamID, showing she doesn’t know the difference between an ID and a username.

She states she wants to make the community a better place and keep the servers clean, yet she has never submitted a valid report (the easiest way to improve the community and keep the servers clean)

When she was told she should be making more reports, she submitted an invalid report on someone who wasn’t breaking any rules. This shows that she doesn’t know the server rules and is easily triggered by any edgy user who inhabits the same server she’s in.

-1 lmao
Thanks for your feedback. Despite marking every single comment on this thread "dumb", or "old", you have some valid points to a certain extent. The ban command can be used either with a Steam ID or a user name, and I have demonstrated that I know which is which (see the response to Luke), and am fully capable of utilizing either and know the difference. Learning the basic commands is simple, and should be one of the least concerns.
I have admittedly not been on the Skial forums very long, which is why there are no reports. I've played on Skial servers for close to two years however, and that shows that I have longevity and have no plans of disappearing. Even though as was stated previously, submitting reports is not a requirement for applying for Admin, it seems that it actually is. So, as I continue to play, I will be submitting reports of those suspected of hacks or toxic behavior.
In regards to the report I submitted last night the Admin who was observing me even commented on it, and seeing as there has been so much emphasis on submitting reports, I took the time out of playing and created a MEGA account to upload screenshots to, and submitted the report. This demonstrates both my willingness to learn, as well as follow through. If you'll notice through the comments on the thread, I am never "triggered".
I relate well to the players on my main server, and know that I would never abuse the Admin features, which I feel is one of the most important aspects of being an Admin. Understanding the difference between when to verbally tell a player to take it down a notch, and give them that opportunity, or when to use the ban feature.

Reactions: xKINGMOBx

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Thanks for your feedback. Despite marking every single comment on this thread "dumb", or "old", you have some valid points to a certain extent. The ban command can be used either with a Steam ID or a user name, and I have demonstrated that I know which is which (see the response to Luke), and am fully capable of utilizing either and know the difference. Learning the basic commands is simple, and should be one of the least concerns.
I have admittedly not been on the Skial forums very long, which is why there are no reports. I've played on Skial servers for close to two years however, and that shows that I have longevity and have no plans of disappearing. Even though as was stated previously, submitting reports is not a requirement for applying for Admin, it seems that it actually is. So, as I continue to play, I will be submitting reports of those suspected of hacks or toxic behavior.
In regards to the report I submitted last night the Admin who was observing me even commented on it, and seeing as there has been so much emphasis on submitting reports, I took the time out of playing and created a MEGA account to upload screenshots to, and submitted the report. This demonstrates both my willingness to learn, as well as follow through. If you'll notice through the comments on the thread, I am never "triggered".
I relate well to the players on my main server, and know that I would never abuse the Admin features, which I feel is one of the most important aspects of being an Admin. Understanding the difference between when to verbally tell a player to take it down a notch, and give them that opportunity, or when to use the ban feature.

the thing tho is, you confused userid (SteamID64) with steamid (SteamID3) in your answer to luke, only to edit it after to what it is now, so do you really know what really to use? I feel like you just read the list of ID's provided by a website, and were like "which one is the Steam ID I should use?", placed two of them (wrongly) until someone told you what was right, and then you edited it.

You created the MEGA account and blablabla because you were somewhat forced to show you care for the app. Let's be honest. You literally don't know the rules as proved by that report, or basic knowledge of which ID is which.
I'm changing my 0 to -1 btw.

Ninjaneer(2018)

Contributor
so there's no learning and adapting? (i.e OopsMadeAMistakeICanLearnFrom it vs BurnTheWitchAtTheStake)

the attitude in some of the comments here are incredibly smallMinded and almost infantile.

I'd take a person with a good heart-and-attitude over some know-it-all-xeno-phobe.

Please, let's see what Skial stands for.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
so there's no learning and adapting? (i.e OopsMadeAMistakeICanLearnFrom it vs BurnTheWitchAtTheStake)

the attitude in some of the comments here are incredibly smallMinded and almost infantile.

I'd take a person with a good heart-and-attitude over some know-it-all-xeno-phobe.

Being an admin isn’t about having a good heart and good attitude. Its about knowing all the rules and being able to follow simple instructions lmao

Ninjaneer(2018)

Contributor
I think your forgetting the purpose of an admin. It's the admin's job to handle such inquiries elsewhere. Reporting is a great feature and again...I just think if that's something that's required then it should be stated. However...as KillerZebra said (an admin) "You don't have to make reports to become an admin."

I think if you don't know the applicant and you have nothing to use to judge the person (as you said) then you shouldn't vote. I'm sure you wouldn't want someone to blindly give you a negative vote/opinion.

I can't speak for PoomBa but I'm pretty sure him as well as half the regulars on our server feel like we could use an admin. Oprah was just trying to do that.

To the "old" and "dumb" markers.....would you mind putting in your opinion? That's what the forums are for. I encourage you to respond. It opens dialogue rather then then being a troll.
totally agree - we need an admin we can rely on (i should probably figure out how to call one)

san7890

Australian Skial God
Contributor

By xenophobe, you probably mean that we are unreceptive to people who aren't on the forums. Being on the forums regularly and then applying for admin is more of a disadvantage than anything.

You say that we are small-minded and infantile for picking on the basics of an application. If you look at any admin application, they either have these crucial elements or they do not. With these aspects, (more cleverly termed an "immediate filter"), we (xenophobes) have already found that there should be no reason based on these binary aspects to allow her to be an admin (in this moment, at least).
totally agree - we need an admin we can rely on (i should probably figure out how to call one)
https://www.skial.com/forms/report-player.2/respond or you can tag an admin on the discord server with those elements in the form.

Reactions: S_O_C_K_S

Blade D_Hero

Contributor

I definitely don't stand for this admin application

-1, I don't think there's total (or at times, even partial) understanding of the rules, which are pretty straightforward, as evidenced by the lack of reports/invalid report. Since she didn't make any that implies either:

A.) She didn't know exactly what was against the rules, and didn't want to make invalid reports against people.
OR
B.) She didn't care enough to make the reports in the first place.

It's telling that the first report came AFTER submitting the admin application, because people were tearing into her about playing for so long but not having a single report to her name. This appeared more like a "I want to get brownie points on my admin application" instead of "I want to make Skial better," which is ironic considering that's what the "Why should I have admin" section essentially consisted of.

Reactions: san7890

S_O_C_K_S

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Not towards all admins in here but it's funny a lot of admins are very much active in here but it's like a needle in a hay stack when it comes to seeing them on a server. I also see that this isn't a very welcoming group as well. I only know of 3 admins who took time to say hi to me and were kind enough to respond to me when I joined. There's a new person who posted that they was new in the shout box (resent status updates) and not 1 person said "Hi" except me. Matter a fact still....no one. The conversation in here is between admins....long time users and personal friends.

Again...a few of the admins in here are great. Some are just out right dumb and I have no idea how they became an admin. Donate guessing.

Said my peace...now back to gaming...hope to make some friends around here but I'm sure the negative nancys will pop out of no where.

Reactions: PoomBa

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Not towards all admins in here but it's funny a lot of admins are very much active in here but it's like a needle in a hay stack when it comes to seeing them on a server. I also see that this isn't a very welcoming group as well. I only know of 3 admins who took time to say hi to me and were kind enough to respond to me when I joined. There's a new person who posted that they was new in the shout box (resent status updates) and not 1 person said "Hi" except me. Matter a fact still....no one. The conversation in here is between admins....long time users and personal friends.

Again...a few of the admins in here are great. Some are just out right dumb and I have no idea how they became an admin. Donate guessing.
Please keep all posts relevant to the application and/or applicant's ability to be an admin.

If you have concerns with our admins, feel free to voice it in a more appropriate setting. However, I'll repeat the same spiel I've repeated to so many players, new and old, over the years: We have over 50 servers. Unfortunately, that means our 20 admins cannot actively be in every single server at every single hour. We also do not need 1 admin per server. This is why we ask, if possible, that the community pitches in and reports players. If it's too much, even a simple /report is fantastic. We have automated systems to notify of us new reports, so we try our best to manage all issues as soon as possible.

Thanks.