Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
A random freeze wouldn't do well, and it would give them time to leave, change their name, and come back. Being able to ban without warning on an obvious aimbotter, with stats and then either sm_ban, or /ban is a much more efficient technique, and a higher chance of success.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
binds wouldn't work, if you're planning on freezing someone.

You finding your target, is probably slower than them pressing f10 and enter... -shrug-

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
For the server you're applying admin for, you only have 4 hours. And your way doesn't work for the ban command.

Coffee Cosmonaut

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Why wouldn't you? I don't see why we're having a conversation over different ways to ban someone, my way works, your way works too.
The conversation is a consequence of you not getting the ban question correct several times. Those guys are trying to explain to you why we expected a certain method of banning.

Shula

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ever heard of binds? :facepalm:

A server admin is giving you information on how we execute our bans. This response along with a dumb rating is not making a very good impression on your application. If you catch an aimbotter in a server, you would just ban him with a few keystrokes rather than chasing him down and trying to find him and then picking him out of a crowd to freeze him and then banning him. It is a pointless step and in the time it took you to do all that, the hacker could log out and be long gone.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
For hackers you have to be discreet and, by the way, if you have the steam ID even if they leave sourcebans will keep them tracked. So steam ID is 100% more effective

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
-1. Can't get the ban command right and is also being stubborn about it to an admin.

Also.
bind KP_END "sm_freeze @aim"?
How would this solve anything. Just ban the person who is hacking. What's the point having him on the server when all he is doing is wasting a slot.

Last edited:

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I like people who try to think outside the norm, creativity should never be frowned upon. Liam, you should stick to the format though, and see that other members are trying to steer you to the correct conclusion rather than wanting a debate about what works.

Liam Windle

Mildly Menacing Medic
I like people who try to think outside the norm, creativity should never be frowned upon. Liam, you should stick to the format though, and see that other members are trying to steer you to the correct conclusion rather than wanting a debate about what works.

Thanks. I received a copy of "Defibyoulaters Skial Admin Commands", it has lots of useful information in it about how Skial servers operate and I learned a few things when reading it myself, so thanks for that, Handsome Defibyoulater :)

sov

Legendary Skial King
You seem to be getting mad and butt hurt over feedback that could help you improve...

Update: rates my post disagree. it's staying at a -1

Last edited: