Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Servers:
TRADE | US
Time:
USA Central
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
I will not. I can understand if they need space for better canidates. If I have done something to lose admin, I can understand.
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#STEAM_0:0:58344356" 30 "Obvious Hacking"
Any other reason you should be admin:
So, although I am a little new to the forums, I am not new to skial. I go on the US trade server every day, and I try to enforce rules to my best abilities without looking like I am trying to impersonate a staff member. There is a lot of corruption on the US trade server, and I could do a great deal to help out. I go on the server every day for 3-4 hours at least. I try and help out new members and teach new traders the ropes. I try to disallow sharking as much as possible, but there isn't much I can do in that situation. I just like to help out. I want to help out the server. There aren't ever admins on the server, because they have a lot of servers to take care of. I think if I am added to the admin team, I could help out a whole lot on the US trade.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application :)​

Last edited:
Reactions: Defibyoulater

DatDnB

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
We require you to type what you would give as input in order to ban your own SteamID for 30 minutes for the reason "Obvious hacking".
Alright, I understand how to do it, I just didn't know if it wanted it for a certain time or if it just wanted an all around understanding. Thank you for clearing that up for me :)

Chief of Bears

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Agreeable that Skial_US could use some more admin activity, and DatDnB is always on the server. I am also very active on the server and I give this +Rep.
To get Admin help here are the following you could do:

1. Add one of our Admins from our Skial Admin Group and message them to help you: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins
2. Make a report in game to have it be sent to here, and an admin will respond to it.
3. Make a report on the forums yourself with our format and an admin will help you out!

DatDnB

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
To get Admin help here are the following you could do:

1. Add one of our Admins from our Skial Admin Group and message them to help you: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/skial-admins
2. Make a report in game to have it be sent to here, and an admin will respond to it.
3. Make a report on the forums yourself with our format and an admin will help you out!
We understand that we can get admin help, but it would be great to have an admin dedicated to the trade server itself. I love the server, and I see a lot of stuff on there that it would just be easier to have a dedicated administrator.

DatDnB

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
There's nothing in the rules against sharking. If they're attempting to scam, mic spamming, saying racist/homophobic things, then get evidence and report them. Kind of questioning some of the things you said in chat, though... Maturity wise, I mean.

http://stats.skial.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=5196342

EDIT: That's just me, though. Everything else looks cool.
Yes, I see that saying "he will be banned soon" can seem mature. You have to understand, I have been dealing with some people like that all day, so yea, I slipped up. I apologize for it. Thank you for your feedback :)

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
From my point of view, it looked like you were making fun of a guy named Gentleman? You also mentioned that he would get banned from Skial because of something. I don't think that's a really good idea mainly because there's no guarantee that he would get banned. Again, just my opinion.

Toxik

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
5d total connection time, unimpressive chatlog, no forum activity
No-Way-Jose-Gif-On-Full-House.gif

Reactions: wOLveRine

DatDnB

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
From my point of view, it looked like you were making fun of a guy named Gentleman? You also mentioned that he would get banned from Skial because of something. I don't think that's a really good idea mainly because there's no guarantee that he would get banned. Again, just my opinion.
I was not making fun of the player named Gentlemen Red. Whilst I was saying that stuff, there was a votemute going on for me. I had literally just joined the server, and those were my first words. I did not make fun of him, he and a friend were ganging up on me to get me muted.

EDIT: Literally, as soon as I joined, a mute was called for me.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was not making fun of the player named Gentlemen Red. Whilst I was saying that stuff, there was a votemute going on for me. I had literally just joined the server, and those were my first words. I did not make fun of him, he and a friend were ganging up on me to get me muted.

Ah, alright. I was just wondering. Other than that, I say +1.

wOLveRine

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I am very active on the server, even i can say more active than DatDnB, i think that if he is granted admin he can be unfair to others if anyone does not agree with his views
-Rep

Status
Not open for further replies.