CST Evening - Night
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:46519722]" 30 Obvious Aimbot
Any other reason you should be admin:
I frequently play on Snowycoast and have only run into one admin. General clean up against racism/micspam/hacking. It's an infrequent problem but it would be easier to being able to deal with it myself instead of getting a 90% server vote on a temp mute/ban.

Thanks for looking at my app, cheers!​

ALT-F-X

Scarcely Lethal Noob
You seem to love this bind.

This is your very first post on the forums, and your chats page doesnt's speak good for you.
Application looks rather rushed and effortless, so unless you can show me that you're capable and
willing to put effort, -1

I do love that bind yes. :)

I do most of my in-game communication using voice chat but I totally understand where you're coming from. Regarding having a "rushed app" I feel like I answered any and all application questions to the fullest extent possible. If you have any other questions I missed please let me know I'll try my best.

Thanks for the feedback.

ALT-F-X

Scarcely Lethal Noob
You application is lackluster. Your chat makes you look like a child.
-1 for me

Haha yeah, I hadn't looked at my chat history until you guys brought it up, just a bunch of binds. I apologize.

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it.

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I did it once testing if you could do it or not because I was curious. I don't think I deserve a -1 because of that one action.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my app.

While a vote is going on, people can't switch weapons with the number keys until they vote. Starting a vote on yourself is vote abuse.

Lackluster application. Doesn't understand the rules.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I can care less if you voted on yourself, its abuse but really the fact of how lacking this app is, just a -1. People who don't put effort in their apps wont put effort into being an admin at all. Also if people are breaking the rules, pictures, demos and report it insted of votes. The vote menu is worthless to start with and solves nothing, where evidence and reporting and or getting an admin, does solve something.

shots

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I feel like checking the server rules before trying something out is better than trying something out without any knowledge.

A little more effort could've been put into the application as well.

ALT-F-X

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Tayto

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
I did start a silence vote against that person, albiet 10 minutes later. It unfortunately didnt go through.

https://stats.skial.com/#chat-context/96526894

You waited 10 minutes, he said it again and then you start a votemute? If a votemute doesn't go through, write up a report. That'll get it handled. What baffles me is that you didn't try to do something about it when you first acknowledged it.

Last edited:

ALT-F-X

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Qualifications

I have previously been a head admin for a very small, one TF2 server, community called StoogeGaming. We were the only 24/7 cp_coldfront in NA. I had NFO and FTP access. It unfortunately died a couple of years ago when valve changed how quickplay handled non-valve servers.

I am the creator and head moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun I have successfully grown that community from nothing to a small but vibrant community surrounding speedrunning. I am especially proud of my moderating style.

I have had various community moderator experiences over the past 10 years. It is something I am comfortable doing and is the reason I started the process here on skial.

If you have any specific questions about anything else please just ask. Thanks again for your time.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
Qualifications

I have previously been a head admin for a very small, one TF2 server, community called StoogeGaming. We were the only 24/7 cp_coldfront in NA. I had NFO and FTP access. It unfortunately died a couple of years ago when valve changed how quickplay handled non-valve servers.

I am the creator and head moderator of http://www.reddit.com/r/speedrun I have successfully grown that community from nothing to a small but vibrant community surrounding speedrunning. I am especially proud of my moderating style.

I have had various community moderator experiences over the past 10 years. It is something I am comfortable doing and is the reason I started the process here on skial.

If you have any specific questions about anything else please just ask. Thanks again for your time.
Your application was already tagged as Improve, which means you may apply again at some other time in the future. However, an admin has not answered here for some reason.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I did it once testing if you could do it or not because I was curious. I don't think I deserve a -1 because of that one action.
It is voteabuse.
You doing it and letting everyone know about it (https://stats.skial.com/#chat-context/96536003) could have encouraged other people to do it too and therefore could have disrupted the game even more than you already did.
You should read the rules more carefully before reapplying next time. Good luck.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Servers:
SNOWYCOAST | US
Time:
CST Evening - Night
Link to your Stats Page:
Playing Time:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
No
How do you ban yourself using your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#[U:1:46519722]" 30 Obvious Aimbot
Any other reason you should be admin:
I frequently play on Snowycoast and have only run into one admin. General clean up against racism/micspam/hacking. It's an infrequent problem but it would be easier to being able to deal with it myself instead of getting a 90% server vote on a temp mute/ban.

Thanks for looking at my app, cheers!​
Maybe you see admins on that server more than you think. I am 90% sure I silenced a racist last night while you were on the server.

-1 for me. Your only concern seems to be to come in the server and "stomp" with Scilence with one of you exclusively pocketing the other. Even after auto balances you and he get back on the same team, going to spec and waiting for an opening when necessary. You have no concern for anyone else's experience on the server but yours and your friend's.

Last edited:

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The application is marked improve, come back when you have a better grasp of the rules and have matured a bit more. Thank you.