Hedwig7s

Mildly Menacing Medic
Alright, so I get the point is to be incredibly stupid and goofy, but when the servers are full the gameplay just degrades into spam and it's incredibly unfun. It is near impossible to get through the frontlines and there's just tons of sentries or heavies or demos or whatever just making it impossible to play.
Consider lowering damage or limiting sentries or some classes or idfk disable player collisions or something to make the gameplay a little less garbage during high activity. It doesn't need to be anything too strong or even enabled at all until a certain player threshold, but something that makes the game a bit more playable would be really nice.
The only other thing I can think of is swapping to free2fort, but I have a feeling that'll wreck the entity limit
PS: Kindly don't spam the replies with "skill issue" or stupid garbage I'm being serious and I'm hoping you guys can be to.

Last edited:
  • Dumb
Reactions: The Cloptologist

Ixel

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
I can understand where you're coming from, it can get pretty spammy. However, I don't mind the chaos it brings. I find it fun most of the time. I think lowering the damage would be a bad idea, but I'm open to considering the idea of limiting the number of engineers on each team. I'm curious to hear what other players think of your suggestion though so I will stay +1 / -1 on this suggestion at the moment.

ThousandYearDuke

Contributor
Fine as is, although... if they were to limit heavy to lower the amount of friendly hoovies so we have useful heavies
that'd be fine. I'd be happy to see a bunch of unhappy friendlies.

Hedwig7s

Mildly Menacing Medic
I can understand where you're coming from, it can get pretty spammy. However, I don't mind the chaos it brings. I find it fun most of the time. I think lowering the damage would be a bad idea, but I'm open to considering the idea of limiting the number of engineers on each team. I'm curious to hear what other players think of your suggestion though so I will stay +1 / -1 on this suggestion at the moment.
The issue is that it's just too cramped and it becomes near impossible to get through the front lines with everything filled with sentries, heavies, or ubered power classes and that's simply due to TF2 (and 2fort especially) not being designed for this many players

Here's some suggestions that could help:
Limit certain classes: Some classes are either really strong at holding the frontlines (such as heavy and maybe demo) or supporting the frontlines (such as medic, engi and good snipers (no seriously the sniper spam is ridiculous sometimes))
Disable building collisions: Makes it easier for spies to sneak through to destroy large sentry nests with support from the front
Limit sentries: For a less severe nerf, limit sentries so that engi nests don't become unreasonably big
Increase respawn time: Helps stop the frontlines from constantly regenerating although probably not preferable
Nerf certain weapons: Some weapons are too strong in situations with high amounts of players on both teams

Other than that there really isn't much I can think of due to the design of the map itself and swapping the map to something like free2fort would probably kill the entity limit

Last edited:

Hedwig7s

Mildly Menacing Medic
Fine as is, although... if they were to limit heavy to lower the amount of friendly hoovies so we have useful heavies
that'd be fine. I'd be happy to see a bunch of unhappy friendlies.
I don't think a heavy limit would necessarily remove hoovies completely

gala

Contributor
2fort wasn't made for 64 players and it's not great even with 32 players. But it's a popular map and people enjoy playing it. Otherwise it would be empty and the 32 player and 24 player server would both be full

The Cloptologist

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
I don't see any reason for changing a server that from my perspective, is doing pretty well among the many Skial servers. The US 64 player 2Fort server seems to be doing very well, where the server is pretty much standing room only during a good part of the day. If there were issues with server activity, I'd would lend some credence to your words.

However, to me it seems that the issue lies with yourself and what you want, than what the 64 player server needs. In, addition there are a number of lower player count 2fort server under Skial's banner, which may suit your tastes better. I would suggest looking into them, before asking a popular server to be changed to suit your wants and desires.

Ixel

Contributor
After further consideration I'm also going -1 on this. Had fun this morning, it's possible to take down big sentry nests with a bit of coordination from your team.