gala

TF2 Admin
Contributor
The unstable servers are those with 32 players, you only play 24 player 2fort and there shouldn't be issues. We can't cater to everyone using the lowest of the low hardware and if you're trying to run tf2 with an integrated graphics card you shouldn't expect good performance to begin with

If your machine truly can't run default tf2 then maybe it's time for an upgrade, fps issues are to be expected on 32 slot servers but not on 24

And if you are running any configs or other modifications to the game, get rid of those before complaining about performance

Starmie

Unremarkable User
Was not what I meant, my device runs TF2 flawlessly, I said that because of me being a hypocrite that particles were disabled due to people having PCs from the 1980s, my point is, servers where particles are enabled, servers without particles.

fr4gr

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Contributor
Was not what I meant, my device runs TF2 flawlessly, I said that because of me being a hypocrite that particles were disabled due to people having PCs from the 1980s, my point is, servers where particles are enabled, servers without particles.
This wouldn't work, at all. Like what KinCryos said, the Medi Guns heal beam and Flamethrowers flames are all made up of particles. This is just the tip of the iceberg, almost every effect in TF2 uses particles. People with bad computers can easily use a config to increase their performance, far beyond just "disabling particles". Low performance servers would make no sense.