Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So players can see what the next map is

To my knowledge you can only see what the next map is temporarily when the server finishes voting for the next map, it displays it in chat once but that's it.

Reactions: Defibyoulater

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper
Yes please, I see so many players on deathrun type !nextmap only for nothing to come up.

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster
Hasn't this been requested for years and never got added?
Idk if someone actually made a thread about it, but I don't see any reason to not have it
It's also annoying when you just joined a server about to change maps and no one is willing to say anything
+1

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've seen this on some servers a long time ago, and it was really nice and simple plugin

+1

SkepticalBear

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
+1 I usually play Dustbowl+ EU so it isn't a problem.. but when I first got into Deathrun I kept trying different nextmap commands to see if any would work haha.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't see why you need it when the next map is determined by either a vote or completely random in the last few minutes of a round.

Unlike most servers we do not have a rotation.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't see why you need it when the next map is determined by either a vote or completely random in the last few minutes of a round.

Even during that short time frame its common for people to wonder what the next map is if they missed it

Is adding the command in problematic? There's quite a few people who would love this command I'm sure, even if it seems redundant on the surface

Last edited:

mike-kirby

Positively Inhumane Poster

Many other servers pick the next map by vote too which have the !nextmap command and it's working perfectly.
It can also take a while before the map will actually rotate in tf2 custom and it's rather annoying to stay for 5 or 10 minutes just to see the next map is one you highly dislike.

SkepticalBear

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Many other servers pick the next map by vote too which have the !nextmap command and it's working perfectly.
It can also take a while before the map will actually rotate in tf2 custom and it's rather annoying to stay for 5 or 10 minutes just to see the next map is one you highly dislike.

This is especially a problem in Deathrun where I dislike 75% of the maps available. I might join with 5 mins to go, only to have to wait and find out the next map sucks.

Bottiger

Administrator
We use ultimate map chooser which doesn't have next map built-in for the reasons I listed.

Most servers don't use that plugin, they use something else and have an actual rotation.

And I'm not sure why it would be a good idea to spend effort making a feature to make people leave the server faster.