ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm a regular on CLASS WARS+ | US | Fast and I've noticed that besides koth_harvest_final, there are no other koth maps in the rotation which is disappointing since koth maps are really fun, such as koth_lakeside_final or viaduct. It would be great to add at least two more koth maps to the map rotation.

Also, I think ctf_2fort should be removed from the rotation since stealing the intel is nearly impossible and we have to wait until the timer runs out even if the rtv option has been initiated.

Let me know what you guys think, which koth map(s) you would like added. Also mention if you want ctf_2fort removed.

Cheers!

Odin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1
Needs more koth servers. And the european class wars server is usually full in the evenings every day.

Also remove the ctf maps, they really do not work with this gamemode since a lot of times none of the teams never manage to capture the intell.

Chesham

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
Oh, the class wars US server is back? It disappeared for me last month and I never got around to looking it up to see if it was back (that might possibly be why it's not filling up?). At the very least 2fort needs to go or have a shorter time limit, since it usually stalemates.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
They were launched in December so that's almost 5 months ago. And it is now 4 PM EST and Class Wars US only has 2 people in it.

I've come to the acceptance that 2fort will never be removed and i'm ok with that. However i agree with Chesham in terms of time limit. It would be great if it could be reduced (same goes for doublecross). I appreciate the fact that you've added nucleus for us to try out. I really want to try lakeside though (or viaduct) because it's more of an open map that allows more jumping than on nucleus.

I still don't understand how you can lose a populated server by testing another koth map. There is a vote system, people can try the map and if the majority doesn't like it they won't vote for it again. I don't like 2fort nor do i like doublecross yet most players vote for those maps. It doesn't make me hate the server to the point of not coming back. Other regulars complain about those maps as well but i still see the same regulars the next day. Also i still strongly believe that the server being a class wars server does make a difference. For instance, i don't normally like hightower but the fact that it's class wars makes it fun and i'm not bored (sometimes i am when it's taking too long, but overall not). But then again it's just my personal experience.

Finally, i have a question regarding the class selection. How does it work? Is it random? Sometimes we would have scout vs spy, something vs something, and then scout vs spy again. Is there a way to avoid that? I don't get how we sometimes have that kind of repetition on the same map.

Thanks

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It's full now.

Sorry for my ignorance, but any specific reason you're using 4pm as a reference? I know other regular and popular servers that are empty at 4pm.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
Yesterday it did not fill until 7:30 pm EDT, today 8 pm EDT.

Class wars eu to did not fill the entire day and it is midnight there now.

U4VGqbZ.png

This is way below our standards. If a server is empty late in the afternoon it will probably die.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Well, if adding nucleus has something to do with then go ahead and remove it if it can fix it. However, from what i've seen whenever i was on (and wasn't on) is people do actually vote for nucleus quite often.

This whole thread was just about me and other people wanting to try other koth maps because we didn't have the chance to try them out when you first launched class wars.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't think it is because I added nucleus, I think it is because people aren't seeding the server. Maybe class wars was just a fad.

People voting for a map doesn't mean the map is better though. Only 40% of players are needed to vote for it and people on the server could just be tired of the current map. It doesn't tell you if people who are thinking about connecting like the map or are driven away by it.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I'm going to tell my friends (mostly dustbowl LA regulars) who haven't played on that server yet to give it a try and hopefully they'll like it. I know it's a small contribution to keep the server alive but it'd be a shame if it were to disappear.

popcron

Uncharitable Spy
class wars us is usually sometimes full during the afternoon - midnight times. Its just that the inconsistency in the player count is very high.

Penny

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
+1
i love class wars & really don't want it to die. i'll try to frequent it more & keep my friends in it!