Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Posting as a sort-of alternative for this suggestion - https://www.skial.com/threads/add-t...to-the-list-of-banned-words-by-console.104361 -

Rather than an auto-filter being placed on a couple words, I am suggesting that the reason "Discrimination" be added as reasons for both votemutes and votereports. This would be quite useful as it covers a multitude of offenses rather than just homophobia, including racism, transphobia, anti-semitism, etc. This will also help less knowledgeable players when trying to punish offending players without them fearing being muted for voteabuse, or having their reports marked "Need Evidence" or "Invalid" for reporting for the incorrect reason.

Pot Head Wabbit

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
+1 To adding a new option to the votemenu in tandem with the filter they don't have to be mutually exclusive they can work together. Would be good for really fringe cases. But I don't think we should completely throw out the filter just because a new vote option is added. some players always refuse to vote or just press f2 without even reading into the vote.

Fishbotinator

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
Posting as a sort-of alternative for this suggestion - https://www.skial.com/threads/add-t...to-the-list-of-banned-words-by-console.104361 -

Rather than an auto-filter being placed on a couple words, I am suggesting that the reason "Discrimination" be added as reasons for both votemutes and votereports. This would be quite useful as it covers a multitude of offenses rather than just homophobia, including racism, transphobia, anti-semitism, etc. This will also help less knowledgeable players when trying to punish offending players without them fearing being muted for voteabuse, or having their reports marked "Need Evidence" or "Invalid" for reporting for the incorrect reason.
+1

Good change

ThousandYearDuke

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
-1 if this will affect jokes that are not aggressively aimed at people or cultures.
+1 if this actually is referring to the idiots that speak against a certain culture in a very hostile or suggestive way to the point of affecting gameplay.

I want my humor people.

• Dumb
Reactions: Mr Invincible

yansi

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
-1 if this will affect jokes that are not aggressively aimed at people or cultures.
+1 if this actually is referring to the idiots that speak against a certain culture in a very hostile or suggestive way to the point of affecting gameplay.

I want my humor people.

You realize that

"If this will affect jokes that are not aggressively aimed at people or cultures."

and

"referring to the idiots that speak against a certain culture in a very hostile or suggestive way to the point of affecting gameplay."

is the same ideology. If I make fun of asians and call them "chinks" or any other statement that is discriminatory off the top of my head, but if I do it in a funny ahaha joking way you all of a sudden want to let that slide if I were to make you laugh?

There is no point having you trying to fight your contradictory statements, You either want your discriminatory humor people or we can have them end up on sourcebans

and I prefer saying mutes on sourcebans. so +1
I want my humor people.
You know what happens to those same humor people?