Anub?

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
New map is ass, that much is apparent, It's just an uglier trade plaza lol. However I never liked people who just straight up complain about shit without providing any solutions/reasoning, so here it is:

I know there's multiple versions of the skial trade map, so why not have some sort of way to switch maps? whether its player chosen, or on a timing system, i think it would make sense to Have some sort of system in place to switch up the maps. It would keep the server fresh, and would provide something for everyone, especially seeing as everyone seems to have a different opinion of their favorite map.

I will admit i don't know the logistics of how to implement it, whether it would be a plugin or whatnot, but i can't imagine it would be impossible to do in some way.

basically the new map is ass and anything would be better at this point.

Jermaphobe

Contributor
Legendary Mapper
What genuine point or advantage would there be for having an option to rtv the map? Simply because you or someone else does not like it?

Trade servers are trade servers for the purpose of trading. Not exploration, not PVP, not goofing off. Trade is the primary focus of trade servers, everything else is secondary.

If you don't like the map, consider giving feedback to improve it instead of only saying "this map is ass"

This would be a nuisance for players, both as an rtv or a timer. It'd disrupt players' trade advertisements, and force players into an unwanted loading screen. Players hate map changes, and our rotation servers see the most dips in players during the day when map changes.

Last edited:

Anub?

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
I'm down for any other serious opinions from anyone else, but it doesn't seem like the forums are really useful for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas771212

TF2 Admin
There isn't really anything you can do about this. Trade servers are for, trading. There are a few people who like to explore and pvp but the main reason is trading. When the map changes it interrupts trades, things like spycrabs, etc. The only thing you can really do is have people vote for one map and use the most popular answer.