BeanMKW

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm tired of going onto Bottiger's just to find out there is a sentry, and a donor direct hit rocket launcher heavy in our spawn, making us unable to leave. A 5-10 second spawn protection timer would let us leave spawn via the idle line, or by fighting back against the spawncamping players. If you want to farm points and strange kills, kill the people on the line, NOT the people in the spawn

BeanMKW

Mildly Menacing Medic
Kindly explain how do you win on an idle server? I would most certainly love to hear it so bottiger can fix this issue as it is normally impossible to win.
Winning must equal annoying people to the point where they leave, because I've seen people get enjoyment from that a lot

• Sad
Reactions: Wek Rorst

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Winning must equal annoying people to the point where they leave, because I've seen people get enjoyment from that a lot
That isn't winning. Winning means this message pops up - Kindly show evidence of this happening so we can properly report it to bottiger/jerma so they can fix it, thank you.

maxresdefault.jpg

MarshHag

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
You know what, lets shake things up a bit, I'd like to see this and see how it compares to what we currently have. I'll +1. Maybe it'll make idle more interesting.
I will admit, spawncamping has become a little monotonous at times for me, especially when there are times when the people that do fight back either leave the server or go afk for quite some time. So +1 for me if it will make idle more challenging for donators

Last edited:

Wek Rorst

Uncharitable Spy
I misread this at first; I thought they were initially asking for a 5-10 second increase for respawn time and I did not see how that would help. I don't see the point of adding spawn immunity for an idle server, especially since there is no objective to achieve. There are many ways to escape a spawncamp though, and it is very easy to break one up if you need to. Usually if you break it up once, it won't happen again for quite a while.

BeanMKW

Mildly Menacing Medic
I misread this at first; I thought they were initially asking for a 5-10 second increase for respawn time and I did not see how that would help. I don't see the point of adding spawn immunity for an idle server, especially since there is no objective to achieve. There are many ways to escape a spawncamp though, and it is very easy to break one up if you need to. Usually if you break it up once, it won't happen again for quite a while.
the point is, as blade said, some people like seeing the outside of the spawn room, and this would make it easier to escape and stop the spawncampers

Wike Mazowski

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
-1, first off spawn is so close to spawn that you are almost guaranteed to get out of spawn with said spawn protection, even as a dono, and then start an actual spawn camping war. and second off its literally a staple of idle servers to spawn. also so what about the non donos that want to spawn camp or did you just not take that in to account because this seems me like its targeted towards donos

Wike Mazowski

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
this thread is not about spawn camping. its about donos. and on that note "A 5-10 second spawn protection timer would let us leave spawn via the idle line" you can do that with or without a 5-10 second spawn protection. same with going down the ladder. all ways out of spawn. I would like to see an actual valid argument to this. maybe then ill +1 but in the meantime it just seems like this thread is to whine

Edit: If they were to do this, you might as well remove the ability to go into others spawn, as well as place enemy sentries in the spawn. doesnt it kind of deliberate, like its a feature of awsomebox?

Last edited: