(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
[quote="kiltroll, post: 55190, member: 2039"your text[/quote]
I will add you on steam. Maybe you can give me some proof for the scam. Being 100% sure is no proof.

shikaku

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
the middleman was the one who posted last. so he's still here, hasnt run anywhere. so it might be just a slow trade because, like the middleman said, diff time zones

Bottiger

Administrator
I have investigated.
  • Particle Man did not know how to middleman. He gave the account to the buyer without payment being sent first.
    He should have either received both the payment and account first, or the account first, then have the buyer send the money directly to the seller.
  • He said he never claimed he was the official Skial Middleman. He just pointed to his reputation here.
  • The buyer is serial scammer. I encourage everyone to check steamrep before making a trade like this.
    http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=http://steamcommunity.com/id/deparalyser
I have removed Particle Man's admin status.

For the account owner, I believe you can reclaim the account by sending a help ticket to Steam support. https://support.steampowered.com/

kiltroll

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Thanks for the support im happy to know that particle man was removed from the admins because he did lied to me when he said that he was the official middleman from this forum, as im a new user i trusted him since he was on the admin group from steam unfortunately i didnt take any screenshots from the steam conversation and left him and the "buyer" with the real owner of the account (whom doesnt speak english and got fooled easy).

regs123

Unremarkable User
He lost my unusual hat. He never asked if i got the money. He still has my hat in his inventory. Is there anyway to get it back off him? This is particle man btw.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
He lost my unusual hat. He never asked if i got the money. He still has my hat in his inventory. Is there anyway to get it back off him? This is particle man btw.
Unless he agrees to give it back to you, you can try submitting a ticket to Steam Support. They have the ability to put the hat back in your inventory (but apparently they can't give you the same effect on unusuals, as those are generated at random when the hat is created, and Valve can't manually set those). I've heard some stories about Valve fixing problems like these, but keep in mind that they aren't obligated to do so in any way, so if they do it, that's just a professional courtesy they're offering. If they don't, then there probably isn't any real recourse for you, unfortunately.

regs123

Unremarkable User
Unless he agrees to give it back to you, you can try submitting a ticket to Steam Support. They have the ability to put the hat back in your inventory (but apparently they can't give you the same effect on unusuals, as those are generated at random when the hat is created, and Valve can't manually set those). I've heard some stories about Valve fixing problems like these, but keep in mind that they aren't obligated to do so in any way, so if they do it, that's just a professional courtesy they're offering. If they don't, then there probably isn't any real recourse for you, unfortunately.

Ah ok thanks. If i dont get my hat back I at least want to see that these accounts are in some way banned or disabled from trading. So other people dont fall into the trap i did.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Ah ok thanks. If i dont get my hat back I at least want to see that these accounts are in some way banned or disabled from trading. So other people dont fall into the trap i did.
Well, Valve probably won't do anything to this guy at all. In fact, he'll probably get to keep the hat, too.

The way Valve "recovers" scammed items is they just duplicate the item and assign it to your backpack. By duplicating it, they're literally taking the item's unique ID and making a new copy of it. However, unusual effects are not bound to the unique ID (rather, they're just an additional metadata on the item details). The ID basically identifies the item as a hat, with unusual quality, and this particular model hat. So unfortunately, if you have Valve recover some awesome hat like a Team Captain with Burning Flames, you'll definitely get an unusual Team Captain back, but it may be a totally different effect.

regs123

Unremarkable User
I would like to say that particle man has indirectly given me my hat back and has proven he is not a scammer. I thank him for coming forward and giving me back my hat