Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I would love to have a plugin/add-on that allowed you to pick what Hale you want to be. Having a Hale picked at random is fun too, but I would love to have the option to pick what I want.

Before I joined Skial I used to play on a VSH server that allowed you to pick during the round, otherwise it was random. Sometimes I would pick, and sometimes I'd just want to be surprised. This would be really rad to have around, because sometimes I'll just be in the mood to play as Saxton Hale and I'll end up with HHH.

Reactions: :DD

Umity

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
1- It would be slightly irritating to see the exact same hale over and over and over each round because of it being OP or something, I'd say it's best to keep it random.

Wouldn't this get irritating if the same hale got picked over and over?

You both seem to be asking a similar question so I'll just reply to both.

Every hale has strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't say one hale is better than the other. It all depends on a player's preference and strategy. In regards to people choosing the same hale as others, I doubt that. Some players prefer Saxton Hale because of the balance he has overall as a hale. Others who incorporate the unique abilities of the other hales into their strategies as hale would choose hales such as the Vagineer, Easter Bunny, etc. During my time playing VSH, very few people have the same strategy as another person. The different strategies people have for playing hale provides the diversity in the selection of hales every round. Hope this makes sense.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
You both seem to be asking a similar question so I'll just reply to both.

Every hale has strengths and weaknesses. I wouldn't say one hale is better than the other. It all depends on a player's preference and strategy. In regards to people choosing the same hale as others, I doubt that. Some players prefer Saxton Hale because of the balance he has overall as a hale. Others who incorporate the unique abilities of the other hales into their strategies as hale would choose hales such as the Vagineer, Easter Bunny, etc. During my time playing VSH, very few people have the same strategy as another person. The different strategies people have for playing hale provides the diversity in the selection of hales every round. Hope this makes sense.

Yeah I get that, but say if a simple majority of the server prefers the same hale, while the other minority likes different types. Wouldn't it be irritating for the 49% to always get the hale they didn't want?

Umity

Yeah I get that, but say if a simple majority of the server prefers the same hale, while the other minority likes different types. Wouldn't it be irritating for the 49% to always get the hale they didn't want?

I am confused on what you are asking. What do you mean it would be irritating for the 49% to get the hale they didn't want? Wouldn't the ability to choose your hale fix this issue? I believe I misunderstood your question.

Roboute Guilliman

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I am confused on what you are asking. What do you mean it would be irritating for the 49% to get the hale they didn't want? Wouldn't the ability to choose your hale fix this issue? I believe I misunderstood your question.
If the majority of the people on the server want one hale, say by a small simple majority, it'd be unfair to the 49% of people because they may want a different hale, but the 51% always keep getting the same hale over and over again. My two cents on the matter is to have the picking ability available only every other round so there is at least some variety.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If the majority of the people on the server want one hale, say by a small simple majority, it'd be unfair to the 49% of people because they may want a different hale, but the 51% always keep getting the same hale over and over again. My two cents on the matter is to have the picking ability available only every other round so there is at least some variety.

The most popular hale from what I've seen is regular Saxton Hale. He's the most rounded out for pretty much every situation and map given his low knockback, power jump and large rage radius that affects a ton of people.

He's also the one that's picked automatically by the server the majority of the time.

So even if we could choose it wouldn't be much different, most people would still be choosing stock hale more than likely.

Zeek

For what I've seen, the userbase has no special preference on which Hale they like or not to fight. Other than in very specific maps (most of them now gone or not played) have I seen anyone complain about having to fight X hale (usually Easter Bunny in close quarters). Both experienced and new players seem more interested on which one they'd like to play.

I would play HHH

Terrapieseven

Uncharitable Spy
I honestly never care what hale I get
(except vagina man, vagina man can go eat a dick)

having to learn how to play every hale and learning different hale strategies on different maps makes being hale more fun imo
and anyway, if everyone always chose the same hale or 2 then it would be 100x more boring to play

Last edited: