Lord Scrambles

Face-Melting F2Per
Hmm, I can tell you a little, but not a whole lot. The short version is this, an authentic Japanese Katana is going to cost you a lot. We're talking $1,000. And if you want to get really genuine, then it can cost up to $4,000, or even more than that.

I've never used this site before, but I hear it's relieable, I'd start here: http://www.swordsoftheeast.com/over1000_1.aspx

Theres one guy in TAoS who should be able to tell you all about this stuff though. He's actually from Japan and owns a couple swords himself, I'll send him here and have him answer any questions you have.

Mark

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Hmm, I can tell you a little, but not a whole lot. The short version is this, an authentic Japanese Katana is going to cost you a lot. We're talking $1,000. And if you want to get really genuine, then it can cost up to $4,000, or even more than that.

I've never used this site before, but I hear it's relieable, I'd start here: http://www.swordsoftheeast.com/over1000_1.aspx

Theres one guy in TAoS who should be able to tell you all about this stuff though. He's actually from Japan and owns a couple swords himself, I'll send him here and have him answer any questions you have.

Oh shit. Scotts gonna be here? Oh this is gonna be great.

Mark

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Maka ke'hie, First General McCfreely.
I see you're Keeping up good impressions as usual.

Maka Ke'hie, High Seeker.
It's not as easy as you think. Trust me, you stick around for a couple weeks and you'll see what I mean. HOWEVER, Scrambles really likes this CreepingDeath guy, and he hasn't shown any hostility towards me, so I say we help him out.

Scott the Seeker

Unremarkable User
By the light of the first ones! Forgive me Serrah Creepingdeath, Had I known who you were I would not have entered this place in such an informal manner. I am at your service and ready to answer any questions.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Guys, please do not derive into weeaboo crap, keep this thread about the request.
LOL Yes, please. I appreciate the help. I will have more detailed questions once I get a chance to talk to my friend. Time has been rough the past few days.

Ironbadger

Unremarkable User
Hm.
Okay-
If you want a using sword-(IE not a cast zinc blade or other crap....)
Then I recommend Kult of Athena. (www.kultofathena.com)
They usually have the best prices for real steel swords, fantastic customer service, and they divide by categories such as battle ready, stage steel, fantasy and economy. (Cheap).

The Hanwei made katanas are supposed to be pretty good.
Theres also the premium priced, differentially tempered stuff thats about as close as you can get to a traditional pattern welded blade without selling a kidney.

I know the european styled swords from hanwei, but have not personally handled their japanese styled ones.

I fight in the SCA, (Armored and rapier,) made my living making custom knives in the 80s, (Before the bottom dropped out of the collector market..) And have been a serious collector my entire life.

You can get better than the Hanwei/Paul Chens- but for the price they are quite respectable.

-Badger-