Yuki Nagato

Uncharitable Spy
Someone just mentioned 2fort_egypt on the EU server so I had a look at it, and it really is a map that would be very hard to effectively turtle on due to an additional sewer path to intel, as well as roof access which completely bypasses choke points. Snipers also have higher areas to shoot from and far more effective cover.

On the 32 player servers turtling basically sucks the life out of the game, it's reduced to mindless battlements spamming by people who aren't even trying to get the intel. They may be populated but the quality of gameplay is very poor imho and it becomes apathetic rapidly. I know you have kind of written 32 player 2fort off as a DM server but the problem is you have two conflicting groups of players on the same map, ie those genuinely trying and people just griefing because it's totally aimless.

If you replace it with a map that can be realistically won I think the server would be a lot better in terms of gameplay quality. I also wanted to ask if Doublecross can be brought back as it's probably the best designed ctf map there is.

Here is a download if anyone wants to see the map:

http://www.filedropper.com/ctf2fortegyptlitefin

Last edited:

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
To my knowledge doublecross stopped filling up so the server was removed/changed to something else. The same applies to a lot of other maps that didn't fill the servers

Because of this its unlikely doublecross will come back, unless it suddenly becomes popular among players

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
Doublecross didn't populate even when we had 5-8+ skial regulars purposefully playing on it to seed it.