jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
i get if i get shit on for this bc i deserve it, i was banned a couple years back after i had cheats on while in a server (not activated but i still had the client so its fair) anyways now im older and i cant play on any skial server, but theres a good chance that if this game dies most servers will be shut down aside from things like skial and blackwonder, i was just wondering if theres any chance that bans like these could be changed to 10 years for example, by far long enough for someone to change as a person and most likely have grown up from being 13 (most cheaters are toxic children) so it would be cool to see to ensure people who fucked up like me still have a game to play 8-10 years from now.

poll here: https://strawpoll.com/XmZRx1B43nd

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
main idea that got me to think of this is valve allowing cs cheaters to participate in official tournaments if its been 5+ years since their incident, i still think 10 years would be better then 5 but thats what gave me the idea

• Dumb
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
just learn to move on from things
i get this idea, but i love this game and would hate to not be able to play on servers 10 years from now bc i was a shitty 13 year old, its fine if it still remains the same as its obviously staffs decision, but i still want this idea to be floated so i can get legitimate reasons from mods and understand why permanent is a better idea

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
ps guys if you do disagree with my proposition and are in the mood to give criticism or feedback please do as i would like some perspectives on this

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
Its very simple.
Don't cheat: You get to play
Cheat: Don't come back
Rules have to have weight to them even if its strict
i get the need for such a strict rule, but i feel as though 10 years is equally strict as no one is actively planning to play a game 10 years from now, i just know i likely will be as i have been playing for over 6 years now consistently, it would even make sense to me if it just said permanent and had that effect in the brain of worry but was still 10 years

Reactions: sklalforever

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
I look at cheating in multiplayer games, like drunk driving. You were fully aware what you were doing was wrong, and that there could be consequences. Thus, you are now suffering the result of that action. Learn from this and move on in life.
people get their license back from a dui after some time and reeducation

Presto

Uncharitable Spy
Another thing I would like to add is that vac bans are permanent and so are cheating bans for most other servers/games
Why should skial do any different

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
Another thing I would like to add is that vac bans are permanent and so are cheating bans for most other servers/games
Why should skial do any different
valve allows people who have cheated in cs and other games to compete in their own tournaments if its 5+years after the accident, again yes i know this is not the popular take on the issue and im not upset people disagree i just want to hear their reasoning next to mine

• Dumb

yansi

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
i get if i get shit on for this bc i deserve it, i was banned a couple years back after i had cheats on while in a server (not activated but i still had the client so its fair) anyways now im older and i cant play on any skial server, but theres a good chance that if this game dies most servers will be shut down aside from things like skial and blackwonder, i was just wondering if theres any chance that bans like these could be changed to 10 years for example, by far long enough for someone to change as a person and most likely have grown up from being 13 (most cheaters are toxic children) so it would be cool to see to ensure people who fucked up like me still have a game to play 8-10 years from now.

wow this is the most massive cope I have ever seen thus far.

So you made it clear that you got banned for cheating (it doesn't matter if any cheats were "activated" or not you still had a cheat client at the end of the day so stop trying to play dumb that you didn't have anything on)

You realize that so many cheaters use the excuse of "oh I was X years old when I cheated but now its been X amount of years so its proven that I changed" when absolute nothing can be proven. Those statement have been beaten and done to death its not even funny but yet here you are trying to use that exact same excuse to try to change something fundamental to skial and a massive reason as to why we don't have cheaters on our server.
We aren't dumb my guy cheaters will do anything to gaslight and lie their way into getting unbanned and no admin is going to hear their shit out if there is a very good chance they are just straight up going to cheat again

well you were right to say that if you get shit on because of this dogshit suggestion you deserve it, cause I'm genuinely surprised you have enough braincells to keep regurgitating this cope of yours. Also that DUI comment is actually the dumbest analogy I've ever seen
ps guys if you do disagree with my proposition and are in the mood to give criticism or feedback please do as i would like some perspectives on this
You want feedback here is my feedback

stay off of skial. https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=U:1:403555636&Submit=

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
wow this is the most massive cope I have ever seen thus far.

So you made it clear that you got banned for cheating (it doesn't matter if any cheats were "activated" or not you still had a cheat client at the end of the day so stop trying to play dumb that you didn't have anything on)

You realize that so many cheaters use the excuse of "oh I was X years old when I cheated but now its been X amount of years so its proven that I changed" when absolute nothing can be proven. Those statement have been beaten and done to death its not even funny but yet here you are trying to use that exact same excuse to try to change something fundamental to skial and a massive reason as to why we don't have cheaters on our server.
We aren't dumb my guy cheaters will do anything to gaslight and lie their way into getting unbanned and no admin is going to hear their shit out if there is a very good chance they are just straight up going to cheat again

well you were right to say that if you get shit on because of this dogshit suggestion you deserve it, cause I'm genuinely surprised you have enough braincells to keep regurgitating this cope of yours. Also that DUI comment is actually the dumbest analogy I've ever seen

You want feedback here is my feedback

stay off of skial. https://www.skial.com/sourcebans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=U:1:403555636&Submit=
bruh its 10 years im not gaslighting you guys into making me wait 7 years only so i could load cheats and get banned again, dui comment was kinda dumb but it was in response to his analogy of drunk drivers, anyways i get your perspective on this but i dont think the threat of a permanent ban is whats stopping cheaters but rather the ban itself, and from my perspective 10 years is by far long enough to weed out cheaters, would love to see a mod or a staff member respond to this tho!

jose.gonzales2006

Mildly Menacing Medic
I do too, but not for the reason you want.
Cheating bad, you knew that, did it anyway, then tried to evade it and failed.
https://www.skial.com/threads/we-do-not-unban-people-for-saying-they-changed.95411/
i want a mod to be able to see their idea on this subject specifically, considering the responses i can see its clearly not what atleast this sample of the skial community wants so i really dont expect it to be passed at all, but i would like to see a mod respond and give a response to this specific idea

_Félix_

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
People who are perma banned are perma banned for a reason. We don't need people getting banned for 10 years and then 10 years down the road that same person comes into the server and pulls the same shit.

Dash7

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor

If valve / steam had detected you were using cheats - You would be permanently banned from the game, and not just one community. Being banned from one community is a light compared to the real alternative.