SpartanSeth

Mildly Menacing Medic
My idea for a zombie survival game mode.

As cliché as it is, who doesn’t like a zombie survival game mode? While I doubt this is all balanced, or would really get the time of day, I still feel like suggesting it. But, I have a twist of sorts on it. This is heavily based on an old server I used to play on (which is very much dead now, sadly)

Any items that are banned I would welcome suggestions on how to balance. Items, weapons, and perks in italics are things I need help balancing.

Any weapons not listed are weapons I felt didn’t need any changes

Zombies-

Zombie team are restricted to melee weapons and non gun support items (sandvich, cleaver, bonk, etc). The zombies can only use three classes. Here are their changes and stuff

Heavy: The heavy can use all lunchbox items, and most melee weapons. Some balance would be needed, so here are some of my ideas.

Dalokohs Bar: +100 HP for 30 seconds, upon consumption, you deal -20% damage, and you can not heal from anything until the buff expires. Recharge time would increase to 30 seconds.
Second Banana: recharge time increased to 20 seconds.
Sandvich: recharge time increased to 45 seconds.
Buffalo Steak: Not sure how to balance this. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Fists of steel: Banned, because unless we make it worthless or change the entire point of it, I don’t see it being balanced in this mode.
Holiday punch: Banned, because I despise this weapon. If we cant ban it, at least make it unable to stun ubered players.
Warriors Spirit: -35% attack speed.
Gloves of Running Urgently/Eviction Notice: No longer drains health, you have a flat +25% damage taken.

Scout: The scout I think would be hardest to balance, but I will try my hand at it.

Flying Guillotine: Recharge time increased to 15 seconds.
Bonk Atomic Punch: When the invulnerability expires, you take +25% damage for 5 seconds. This penalty decreases over time.
Mad Milk: Not sure how to balance this. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Crit a Cola: -25% attack speed while under effects.
Boston Basher: Can not be crit boosted. No longer bleed when you miss.
Sun on a stick: Sets enemies on fire on hit, only because there would be no other way to use it.

Spy: Spy no longer backstabs and kills. Upon backstab, the person who was backstabbed is reduced to 1/3 health (which can NOT be healed), for 15 seconds. This is called “Cripple”. Spies can not disguise.

Your Eternal Reward: Banned.
Connivers Kunai: Upon backstab, the spy gains full overheal, that does not decay.
Big Earner: spy gains +15% speed.
Spycicle: Banned.
Dead Ringer: Banned.
Invisible watch/Cloak and Dagger: -25% max cloak.

Humans-

The human team is restricted to medic, soldier, engineer, sniper, demoman, and pyro. Upon death, they are sent to the zombie team.

Engineer: No buildings can be upgraded. Engineer’s dispenser no longer dispenses health, and has 300HP. Essentially a barricade. Mini sentry has 50 ammo than CANT be refilled, and slowly loses ammo at 1 ammo per second. Upon running out of ammo, the mini sentry self destructs. Normal sentry has 15 shots, and can be refilled, but not beyond those 15 shots.

Pomson 6000: no longer drains cloak.
Wrangler: Banned.
Short Circuit: Banned.
Eureka Effect: either ban, or make it so upon teleportation, engineer is stunned for 5 seconds.

Soldier:

Rocket Jumper: Banned.
Base Jumper: Banned.
Market Gardner: Banned.

Pyro: All flamethrowers ammo is reduced to 100

Phlogistinator: Banned.
Thermal Thruster: Banned.
Gas Passer: Banned.
Homewrecker: Banned.
Third Degree: Banned.

Demoman: Sticky bomb limits are reduced by half, and hold half the ammo.

Loch and Load: Replace damage against buildings with +20% damage.
Base Jumper: Banned.
Sticky Jumper: Banned.

Medic: Medic no longer has passive health regeneration. Ubercharge removes “Cripple”

Vaccinator: Banned.
Kritzkrieg: Gives mini-crits instead.
Ubersaw: Either ban or reduce ubercharge gain to 10%.
Vita Saw: Banned.
Amputator: Take +25% damage when taunting.

Sniper: All sniper rifles have 15 shots.

Bazaar Bargain: Banned.
Shahansha: Just give it the stats of the equalizer. Not sure why this isn’t the case in vanilla.

Perks: Both humans and zombies can choose 1 perk, and can change perks at any time. Perk changes only affect your next life.

Any advice on balancing perks would be appreciated. I don’t want people to have to use a perk. I feel like each perk should have a downside.

Zombie Perks-

Bloater: Upon death, explode dealing up to 75 damage. Explosion radius is that of the stock grenade launcher.
Vampiric: 20% of damage dealt is returned as health.
Burner: Fire deals -50% damage, and melee attacks set enemies on fire. Take +35% damage from all non-fire sources.
Stalker: You can place your own spawn. Take mini-crits for 5 seconds after spawning. Spawns can be destroyed by a human walking over it.

Human Perks-

Juggernaut: Deal +15% damage, take -10% damage, and you take NO self damage. Move 40% slower.
Zen: You can not be healed by any sources (medic, healthpacks, etc), however, you regenerate health at the same rate as the cozy camper, and heal 25% of damage dealt.
Wise: Every time you take damage (self and fall damage do not count), you get a permanent +3% damage resistance (up to 25%), every kill gets you +5% damage (up to 50%), every assist gets you +2% damage. You start with -15% damage resistance, and -10% damage.
Holy: When crouching and not moving, you heal all nearby survivors. (same rate as amputator taunt). You take +15% damage.
Quick Hands: Equip weapons 40% faster, reload weapons 20% faster, swing melee weapons 20% faster. -30% health from all sources on user.
Turtle: You can no longer be crippled from backstabs, but they still do damage. -25% move speed.
Athletic: Move 30% faster, deal 20% less damage, take 20% more damage.
Scavenger: When crouched and not moving, regenerate ammo at 5% of max ammo every 3 seconds, minimum of 1 ammo regenerated. Weapons with cooldowns regenerate 35% faster constantly.

These are just some ideas I have, and I think we need more than just those.

What are all of your thoughts?

bl0

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
You think I need any of this? You underestimate me, plans are already in motion my dear boy. Let them come!

Zombie-Memes-32.jpg

bl0

Contributor
Is this apart of Zombie Escape or completely different game-mode all-together? Slightly confused.

Relating to Zombie Escape

I haven't actually played on the Zombie Escape server yet so what I've mentioned below may be incorrect. I'm simply leaving a friendly comment however.

On a side note you've put plenty of effort into this, and I admire that. With what you're saying though it does indeed need changes as time passes, but if you've played on the server as of recent you'll need to consider how you truly feel about what specifically needs changing exactly.

Bottiger will know what's best nevertheless. Question though; I can understand banning the Rocket Jumper and Base Jumper due to time wasting but why the Market Gardener?

SpartanSeth

Mildly Menacing Medic
I personally feel like with the market gardener, people will equip something like the liberty launcher, mantreads/gunboats, and then the M.G and still trolldier. Considering the lack of ranged weapons for 2/3 zombies, and the only one they do have is a projectile, I doubt it would be fun to market garden. I think I would also need to ban the gunboats then as well, or at least make them have major downsides.

Thank you for your kind words.

bl0

Contributor
I personally feel like with the market gardener, people will equip something like the liberty launcher, mantreads/gunboats, and then the M.G and still trolldier. Considering the lack of ranged weapons for 2/3 zombies, and the only one they do have is a projectile, I doubt it would be fun to market garden. I think I would also need to ban the gunboats then as well, or at least make them have major downsides.

Thank you for your kind words.

The Market Gardener imo isn't exactly easy to use if you're new to the game, even after some time it's difficult being consistent with it. Banning it is a bit harsh tbh, as a man of taste I think it's a cool melee weapon. You're right about the Liberty Launcher and Gunboats combo, don't forget the Airstrike as combined with the Gunboats you can jump all over the place for a long period of time. Would be annoying to deal with from my point of view.

Even in VSH Mantreads and Market Gardener are pretty silly, it's just a little similarity.

bl0

Contributor
When you mentioned Bloater I immediately thought of the Boomer from Left for Dead 2 and the true nostalgia that came along with that game. It's crazy the amount of variety in TF2 as you can do so much with it, the creativity of this game is insane compared to most nowadays.

Old, but gold. ❤️

SpartanSeth

Mildly Menacing Medic
And just so you know, the ZE servers play more like a l4d game, getting from point A to point B, than something like Zombie Panic Source.

Bottiger

Administrator
No one plays any of the other zombie modes, and it is taking a lot of time from me just to develop zombie-escape, so this is a solid no from me for the forseeable future.