• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Bottiger

Administrator
I delete old versions from time to time. Please post screenshots of any map bugs. Zombies are still winning most of the time so I don't see the point in nerfing humans.

Bottiger

Administrator
I've removed the beta from the server name since it hasn't seen any major changes in a while.

New Updates:
  • Zombies on fire now get slowed by 40%.
  • Human melee damage now multiplied by 20 instead of a flat 500.
  • Fire from zombies doesn't get damage boosted anymore.
  • Mini-Sentry knockback lowered from 20 to 10.
  • Zombie scout hp lowered from 50 to 25%.
  • Soda popper disabled. Allowed scouts to jump into unintended places.
  • Tide Turner disabled. Allowed infinite uber if the user was the last survivor.
  • Sniper headshot damage lowered from 500 to 400. Stun lowered from 0.5 to 0.25 seconds.
  • Heavy knockback increased from 20 to 30.
  • Map Laboratoire removed until it can be made easier for humans.
  • Map Icecap removed until the scout exploit is fixed.

Last edited:

thebosstre

Uncharitable Spy
I've removed the beta from the server name since it hasn't seen any major changes in a while.

New Updates:

• Zombies on fire now get slowed by 40%.
    Human melee damage now multiplied by 20 instead of a flat 500.
    Fire from zombies doesn't get damage boosted anymore.
    Mini-Sentry knockback lowered from 20 to 10.
    Zombie scout hp lowered from 50 to 25%.
    Soda popper disabled. Allowed scouts to jump into unintended places.
    Tide Turner disabled. Allowed infinite uber if the user was the last survivor.
    Sniper headshot damage lowered from 500 to 400. Stun lowered from 0.5 to 0.25 seconds.
    Heavy knockback increased from 20 to 30.
    Map Laboratoire removed until it can be made easier for humans.
    Map Icecap removed until the scout exploit is fixed.
Heavy knock for the humans gun or the zombie? and laboratoire is easy for the humans but the zombies (this is any map) can hit through dispensers which sucks. The first door on the map is where you hold till the glitch is done thats what i tell people so we don"t knock a zombie at us.

pax

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Zombie is almost impossible in certain map, thanks for adding new contents to tf2 btw

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Demos shield needs to be removed on icecap, he's allowed to move all the way across the river where boat 4 and 5 leads to, allowing him to get there before humans do.

LordM

Mildly Menacing Medic
Human scout really needs a nerf.
Scouts on the survivors team 90% of the time don't defend against the zombies, and don't help their team.
Instead, what they do is run ahead of everybody, and activate entities that the team would need to use more than them(i.e bobsled,boats on ze_icecap_escape)
Even if scouts were to try and help the team, they are not nearly as efficient at defending as a heavy.
They can also use double jump + force a nature to exploit the map and reach areas that other classes can't.
Basically what happens is that there are at times 8+ scouts who do nothing to help the team, let everybody else die, and then end up dying because there is nobody left alive to protect them, and their weapons are not good for holding off large amounts of zombies.
On ze_santassination, the map with powerups, all scouts do is run ahead of everyone else, take the powerups, and do not let any of their teammates use them. Scout does not really need any powerups more than any of his teammates, and most of the powerups that spawn would greatly help their team. (Precision; Heavy, Plague, Knockout; Demoman/Demoknight, Strength; every class except Medic, Haste; every class except Medic)
This leads to scouts not using the full capabilities of the powerups they take, which almost always leads to humans losing every round of santassination.
If teamwork was encouraged more in zombie escape, the gamemode would be alot more fun
The way scout is built makes him the least effective class fighting as a part of his team. He is made more for isolated gameplay, which is counteractive to winning in zombie escape since you need to work as a team.
Here are some nerfs that I think would make scout much more balanced
  • Reduce scouts speed to 100 H/U, t and give them greater knockback on their weapons.
  • Remove the self force given by force-a-nature
  • Reduce the speed boost given by BFB
  • Give scout a class limit, so instead of having 10 scouts at once who do nothing to help the team, maybe a max of 3
  • Give scout a unique perk/buff that would make him more of a utility support class, an example of this is what valve did with scout in MVM (he is given a buff to his money collecting radius, mad milk can slow down bots, and Fan of war marks bots for death)
  • Examples of unique buffs: adding back the stun to sandman; mad milk slows zombies; when scout is under the effects of Bonk! there is a radius around him which slows zombies; back scatter deals 800 damage and ministuns when you shoot a zombie up close in the back
  • Add a delay for scouts to activate ridables
Even if none of what I suggested is added, scout needs some sort of nerf, or something to discourage 10+ people from playing scout at once.

LordM

Mildly Menacing Medic
Soldier is another class that needs work done on him.
He is the least mobile class on the survivors team(without the use of escape plan)
His rockets often launch the zombies ahead of him which gets him killed a lot
His conch is very useful for getting his team across maps fast, but he always is left behind everyone else after it ends due to his low base speed.
Some buffs that would help soldier out:
  • Make landing a direct hit with the Direct Hit ministun zombies
  • Landing a direct hit with any rocket slows zombies down for 1.5 seconds
  • All of soldiers banners should get an extra 3.25 second duration buff overall, and for the conch, it should give just him an extra 1.5 second speed buff after the banner's duration is over so he can catch up to his team.
  • All of soldiers banners should also give him a speed buff for the duration of the banner.
  • Battalion's backup should give his team protection against an extra hit; so instead of being infected in 1 hit it takes 2 hits.
  • Wearing gunboats or mantreads should give soldier 300 base health, +20% more base speed, and minicrits with his melee.
  • Bison functions like dragon's fury without firing boost; landing a hit lights target on fire and targets on fire take +300% more damage from bison

SmokeyGlaxay

Mildly Menacing Medic
I've been playing zombie escape for a while and while a lot of skials version is good, theres a lot of fixing that needs to be done. Maps are broken, class's need to be changed, and some server changes too. I will start off with some of the critisim of class's and some buffs/nerfs for each class that have been suggested.

A. Scout, Scout right now is almost just a worse engineer, he needs to be reworked in some ways to be more supportive.
  1. Mad Milk does very little healing compared to a medic or a dispencer and doesnt bennefit the scout other than basic fall damage. I suggest a slow effect like in MvM but not to the degree as pyros flames.
  2. Force of Natures jump should be removed and the double jump should be given back, as for the broken spots on certian maps *cough* *cough* santa *cough* that will be discused in the maps section, instead the weapon should be give a faster reload speed so that it isnt a downgrade from stock.
  3. Back Scatter should to crits from behind so it has more of a purpose but to balance that it has less knockback as to not fling zombies at your team.
  4. wingers extra jump height should be replaced with more knockback,
  5. Boston Basher's bleed one shots light class's as a zombie so it should either be removed or just a stock reskin,
  6. Scouts speed should be lowered but still the higher than a 4 head demo man as to help with the long waits at doors that most of the time ends up killing the whole team.
  7. There should be a 4 scout class limit on ze_santaassasination for 1-12 and a 6 limit 13-24
B. Soldier, Soldier is almost a hiddrenace to the team with rockets.
  1. Rockets should slow for 1 second and do very little knocback so that zombies cant surf the rockets behind teams.
  2. Rocketjumping shouldnt do damage since theres no point.
C. Pyro, Pyro makes playing zombie a nightmare.
  1. The slow effect should be removed or nerfed severly, its too easy for a pyro to slow walk backwards with a flamethrower and ariblast every so often.
  2. Gas passers recharge should be cut down to 5 secs
  3. Airblast rate should be normal but make each one cost 70 so you cant spam over and over. That way pyro can still be helpful/
D. Demoman, demoknight is broken. theres nothing else too it
  1. The uber from the sheild is too strong, knights can just run up do a 1000 damage and run away with no problem. The uber is so you can survive a zombie not fight them. Instead the demo should be overhealed to 300 hp and given a speed boost for 3 seconds as to escape the attacker.
  2. Zombie demoknights houldnt be able to charge, it gives the class trimping and the ability to catch up to anyclass with ease.
E. Heavy, pretty good class only light changes
  1. Zombie heavy's with the gloves of running urgently are practicly useless, it should only cut his hp in half and if theres a medic with the amputator then the downside is nothing.
  2. fists of steel should resist 1 melee hit
  3. Huo long heater is a direct upgrade to stock if theres a pyro so it should have the fire ring removed and the extra damage on lite enemys to self heal hitting a burning zombie.
F. Engineer, Enginees pretty good too only small changes
  1. short circut should light on fire and apply milk since it drains ammo so quiclky
  2. level 3 buildings should take 3 hits to deastroy
  3. reascure ranger should deal more knockback
G. Medic, medic is good no changes needed

H.Sniper, Sniper is also good

I. Spy, only thing is the glitchy part of dying while clocked which makes it so your cosmetics appear blue

Maps, There are plenty of problems in the maps. The most common is humans will hide behind everyone and the zombies have to spend time finding the humans. I suggest that like some maps have a teleport for zombies if they get to far behind, humans have one too that is just a tiny bit farther away than the zombies so they don't get trapped in the zombie. This should happen on ever map for humans and zombies. Also on ze_santaassasination the zombies can even spawn infront of the humans in some spots so that needs to be fixed.
When giveing scout back is second jump on ze_santaassasination(which he technacilt still has) there are many spots that the scouts can abuse the human teleporter can help with this.
Powerups often dissapear on santa.
Scouts that run up to take a powerup in santa are a thing that needs to be dealt with not through nerfing. while i agree some powerups are better for other class's the notion to nerf scout because of it is redicolous because if you need the power ups to win, you shouldnt have them in the first place so i suggest some way for the people to force a powerup hogging scout to drop it. it wouldnt kill the scout but maybe deactivate weapons for 10 mins.

Finally is some problems with the server its self.
  • Spectate can lead to floating zombie modles floating in people
  • votekill should be removed if the human teleporter is implameted, if someone is good at the game, you shouldnt be able to punish them for it.
  • More community maps should be added as to prevent the same 3 maps being played over and over agian. preferable ones that arent just a bunch of doors and rooms. i.e. ze_voodoisland and ze_santaassasination
  • The finally human should be slower than a heavy, the movment speed should be the same as engineer or sniper if they are a faster class and if they arent they should travel at the class's normal speed
  • The first two zombies should have a health boost until someone is infected

This conculdeds all the problems and some soloutions that I and many others have found. If you found any problems with the things i suggested please notifiy me through steam so I may reach a compromise for the community, I hope to create a more enjoyable expeince for everyone playing. apologizes for spelling and grammer since i was short on time writeing this.

Bottiger

Administrator
Updates
  • Scout speed nerfed from 1.2 to 1.15 for both zombies and humans.
  • Self knockback on Force-a-nature removed.
  • Baby Face's Blaster speed penalty increased from 10% to 25%.
  • Milk now slows zombies like fire and is subject to resistance as well.
  • Direct hit stuns.
  • Flareguns now shoot rockets instead so they don't burn zombies and cause them to be snared.
  • Burn snare lowered from 50% to 40%.

SmokeyGlaxay

Mildly Menacing Medic
Typing !stuck re spawns you and gives you crits which makes demo man with an ullapool 1 shot a heavy from a out of melee range

SmokeyGlaxay

Mildly Menacing Medic
That is intentional to prevent people from spawn camping zombies at spawn.
I don't care what happens but on voodoo island the zombies spawn is relatively close to everyone and Dragonmaster came up to me and on shot me which doesn't seem fair at all, wasn't even close to the zombie spawn

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't care what happens but on voodoo island the zombies spawn is relatively close to everyone and Dragonmaster came up to me and on shot me which doesn't seem fair at all, wasn't even close to the zombie spawn

Voodoo is probably the easiest map for humans to win on. If you died on that map you shouldn't blame this anti-spawn camping feature.

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
The titanic map seriously needs a balance for zombies. They get knocked back way too far from sentries on top of the fact that gates appear when zombies get close to humans. I think the only thing they need is a new spawn point past the elevator that way they don't spend so long walking from spawn and then having to wait for the elevator