Zombie Escape Beta

Discussion in 'News' started by Bottiger, Jan 27, 2019.

1. uppe-r

uppe-r Positively Inhumane Poster Contributor

Steam:

New issues I noticed: Huntsman and ambassador 1-hit killing is pretty bad. It gets pretty frustrating being a zombie when the other team has many of these.

2. Sharky Cuddle

Sharky Cuddle Somewhat Threatening Sniper

Steam:

Technically they can't one hit early on, as zombies will usually have over 10k health at the start, but 1k when there's just 1 human left. So they might be able to 1 hit when there's say 1 human left, but with how much health zombies have before then, they shouldn't be able to 1 hit a zombie

3. uppe-r

Steam:

nope, that's not what happens. literally in the start of the round, i was getting killed by ambassador headshots or huntsman

edit: just now for example, I had 31k HP and a Spy 1 shot me. Makes no sense

4. Sharky Cuddle

Steam:

I know ambassador crits headshots (hence it's jungle inferno nerf), and huntsman is known for its headshot kills when a persons health is low enough, but unless they're crit boosted, and huntsman and ambassador headshot should not be able to 1 shot a zombie. As in at the very start of the round, the few starting zombies will usually have over 10k health, and a headshot from ambassador or huntsman can't do that much, even crit boosted in fact

5. uppe-r

Steam:

the thing is: they can.
    I just got killed by one, I had 31k hp

6. Sharky Cuddle

Steam:

A fully charged huntsman shot that is crit boosted (full crit, not mini) deals 360. The highest damage an ambassador's crit headshot can do nowadays is 102

7. uppe-r

Steam:

Yes yes, but in Zombie Escape they kill a zombie, even if you've got 31k HP

8. Sharky Cuddle

Steam:

odd... unless there damage output has been increased for the mode, the highest damage of both still wouldn't be high enough to take 31k out in one hit

9. Sharky Cuddle

Steam:

If the damage has in fact been increased for them it could affect, but as I just said, even then it wouldn't be close, it'd maybe do 1/4 or 1/2 of your health, but not all

10. True Darkian

True Darkian Spectacularly Lethal Soldier

Steam:

I hope Left 4 Dead's No Mercy can be one of the new maps.

11. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

Backstab will instantly kill a zombie. I think this is fair because zombies kill anyone in melee range in 1 hit.

Headshots deal anywhere from 25-100% of a zombie's health depending on how many humans there are left.

Even though people complain about the flamethrower, humans are still losing the vast majority of the time.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2019
  12. uppe-r

Steam:

I've had headshots killing me at the start of a round (31k HP)

13. uppe-r

Steam:

Demo's charge should also be disabled, or subway_escape should be fixed. Demos can go in front of the train before it starts moving, causing players and zombies to be teleported to the same location.

Edit: this also happens on another map. It's like the thruster, it allows you to go further certain points before other players arrive.

14. Sharky Cuddle

Steam:

thruster was removed for that matter already, same with the ability to sticky and rocket jump as it gave a disadvantage. Although if the charges get kept I would rather see them run like deathrun, they can recharge but take a very very long time to

15. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

I think the plugin is about as balanced as it could be, maybe some minor improvements left. The win rate seems to be nearing 50%.

The rest still depends on map balance and how lazy the players are.

Also not sure how balanced it is when the server is full since it is rarely that full.

Recent Additions:
    • Zombies get stunned for 3 seconds when they get a kill.
    • Flamethrower knockback slightly nerfed so it gets weaker the farther away the zombie is.
    I am not sure how to prevent zombies from being held at a single chokepoint indefinately when there are like 20+ players though. I considered adding knockback resistance every second, but you are supposed to hold some chokepoints for 20 seconds, and some for 40 seconds. If zombies get like 1% knockback resistance per second, it could work on some chokepoints but not others.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  16. Sharky Cuddle

Steam:

On jungle lab, the small door after the maintenance position, after the originally broke vent but before the big open missile silo area, 1 pyro with a dispenser just sat there and the knockback kept us there until the humans reached the elevator, and then even he made it to the elevator

17. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

Added EU server at 137.74.91.216:27015

I will be making frequent changes to the US one though until out of Beta.

18. Dragontamer

Dragontamer Gore-Spattered Heavy Contributor

Steam:

Spectator needs to be removed. With a low player count, usually 1 or 2 zombies are spawned, and they go in to spectator to end the match and cause a stalemate.

19. Bottiger

Bottiger Administrator

Steam:

These people will just leave the server if they don't want to play zombie, if I disable spectator. So its better to just not disable spectator. What if you need to spectate a hacker?

20. Dragontamer

Dragontamer Gore-Spattered Heavy Contributor

Steam:

Good point. But some people are telling people to go spectator to cause a stalemate. They don't care if they be a zombie or not, they just want to delay the match.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice