• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
New issues I noticed: Huntsman and ambassador 1-hit killing is pretty bad. It gets pretty frustrating being a zombie when the other team has many of these.

Sharky Cuddle

Mildly Menacing Medic
Technically they can't one hit early on, as zombies will usually have over 10k health at the start, but 1k when there's just 1 human left. So they might be able to 1 hit when there's say 1 human left, but with how much health zombies have before then, they shouldn't be able to 1 hit a zombie

uppe-r

Contributor
Technically they can't one hit early on, as zombies will usually have over 10k health at the start, but 1k when there's just 1 human left. So they might be able to 1 hit when there's say 1 human left, but with how much health zombies have before then, they shouldn't be able to 1 hit a zombie
nope, that's not what happens. literally in the start of the round, i was getting killed by ambassador headshots or huntsman

edit: just now for example, I had 31k HP and a Spy 1 shot me. Makes no sense

Sharky Cuddle

Mildly Menacing Medic
I know ambassador crits headshots (hence it's jungle inferno nerf), and huntsman is known for its headshot kills when a persons health is low enough, but unless they're crit boosted, and huntsman and ambassador headshot should not be able to 1 shot a zombie. As in at the very start of the round, the few starting zombies will usually have over 10k health, and a headshot from ambassador or huntsman can't do that much, even crit boosted in fact

uppe-r

Contributor
I know ambassador crits headshots (hence it's jungle inferno nerf), and huntsman is known for its headshot kills when a persons health is low enough, but unless they're crit boosted, and huntsman and ambassador headshot should not be able to 1 shot a zombie. As in at the very start of the round, the few starting zombies will usually have over 10k health, and a headshot from ambassador or huntsman can't do that much, even crit boosted in fact
the thing is: they can.
I just got killed by one, I had 31k hp

Sharky Cuddle

Mildly Menacing Medic
A fully charged huntsman shot that is crit boosted (full crit, not mini) deals 360. The highest damage an ambassador's crit headshot can do nowadays is 102

uppe-r

Contributor
A fully charged huntsman shot that is crit boosted (full crit, not mini) deals 360. The highest damage an ambassador's crit headshot can do nowadays is 102
Yes yes, but in Zombie Escape they kill a zombie, even if you've got 31k HP

Sharky Cuddle

Mildly Menacing Medic
nope, that's not what happens. literally in the start of the round, i was getting killed by ambassador headshots or huntsman

edit: just now for example, I had 31k HP and a Spy 1 shot me. Makes no sense
odd... unless there damage output has been increased for the mode, the highest damage of both still wouldn't be high enough to take 31k out in one hit

Sharky Cuddle

Mildly Menacing Medic
If the damage has in fact been increased for them it could affect, but as I just said, even then it wouldn't be close, it'd maybe do 1/4 or 1/2 of your health, but not all

Bottiger

Administrator
Backstab will instantly kill a zombie. I think this is fair because zombies kill anyone in melee range in 1 hit.

Headshots deal anywhere from 25-100% of a zombie's health depending on how many humans there are left.

Even though people complain about the flamethrower, humans are still losing the vast majority of the time.

Last edited:

uppe-r

Contributor
Backstab will instantly kill a zombie. I think this is fair because zombies kill anyone in melee range in 1 hit.

Headshots deal anywhere from 25-100% of a zombie's health depending on how many humans there are left.

Even though people complain about the flamethrower, humans are still losing the vast majority of the time.
I've had headshots killing me at the start of a round (31k HP)

uppe-r

Contributor
Demo's charge should also be disabled, or subway_escape should be fixed. Demos can go in front of the train before it starts moving, causing players and zombies to be teleported to the same location.

Edit: this also happens on another map. It's like the thruster, it allows you to go further certain points before other players arrive.

Sharky Cuddle

Mildly Menacing Medic
thruster was removed for that matter already, same with the ability to sticky and rocket jump as it gave a disadvantage. Although if the charges get kept I would rather see them run like deathrun, they can recharge but take a very very long time to

Bottiger

Administrator
I think the plugin is about as balanced as it could be, maybe some minor improvements left. The win rate seems to be nearing 50%.

The rest still depends on map balance and how lazy the players are.

Also not sure how balanced it is when the server is full since it is rarely that full.

Recent Additions:
  • Zombies get stunned for 3 seconds when they get a kill.
  • Flamethrower knockback slightly nerfed so it gets weaker the farther away the zombie is.
I am not sure how to prevent zombies from being held at a single chokepoint indefinately when there are like 20+ players though. I considered adding knockback resistance every second, but you are supposed to hold some chokepoints for 20 seconds, and some for 40 seconds. If zombies get like 1% knockback resistance per second, it could work on some chokepoints but not others.

Last edited:

Sharky Cuddle

Mildly Menacing Medic
I think the plugin is about as balanced as it could be, maybe some minor improvements left. The win rate seems to be nearing 50%.

The rest still depends on map balance and how lazy the players are.

Also not sure how balanced it is when the server is full since it is rarely that full.

Recent Additions:

• Zombies get stunned for 3 seconds when they get a kill.
    Flamethrower knockback slightly nerfed so it gets weaker the farther away the zombie is.
I am not sure how to prevent zombies from being held at a single chokepoint indefinately when there are like 20+ players though. I considered adding knockback resistance every second, but you are supposed to hold some chokepoints for 20 seconds, and some for 40 seconds. If zombies get like 1% knockback resistance per second, it could work on some chokepoints but not others.
On jungle lab, the small door after the maintenance position, after the originally broke vent but before the big open missile silo area, 1 pyro with a dispenser just sat there and the knockback kept us there until the humans reached the elevator, and then even he made it to the elevator

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Spectator needs to be removed. With a low player count, usually 1 or 2 zombies are spawned, and they go in to spectator to end the match and cause a stalemate.

Bottiger

Administrator
Spectator needs to be removed. With a low player count, usually 1 or 2 zombies are spawned, and they go in to spectator to end the match and cause a stalemate.

These people will just leave the server if they don't want to play zombie, if I disable spectator. So its better to just not disable spectator. What if you need to spectate a hacker?

Dragontamer

TF2 Admin
Contributor
These people will just leave the server if they don't want to play zombie, if I disable spectator. So its better to just not disable spectator. What if you need to spectate a hacker?
Good point. But some people are telling people to go spectator to cause a stalemate. They don't care if they be a zombie or not, they just want to delay the match.