Basenji

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
I’ve noticed that ZE(zombie escape) has been down in number recently making the game mode die more and more. While playing ZE I also noticed that people would complain about being zombie over and over again and complaining how boring the game mode is. I had an idea to make zombies not only more fun, but also more strategic in a way. Multiple abilities for zombies!

Adding more abilities for each zombie will allow the players to think more wisely instead of just holding W/M1. For example, scout; right now he only boost himself, but why not have a second ability that allows him to boost the zombies that are near just a bit more than normal.

Will this be broken? Maybe, but this could be resolved by making the charge longer than normal.

This is just an idea to revive the server a bit more and maybe making newer players not quit as soon as they see lasers/parkour.

I understand that the average ZE players brain is like a peanut, but I’m sure there is a way to balance this out a bit. I’m just to lazy to think about it.

Again, is this a bad idea? Probably. But would it be fun? Yes!

If you have ideas for enzymes, balancing issues, complaints, etc. please do let me know what you think.

Reactions: Lord Zuko

Lord Zuko

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
two ideas I've had which I think could work if implemented:

Soldier:
- Buff/Conch/Battalions effect (w/smaller radius)

Medic:
- Slight healing effect (similar to amputator, w/slightly smaller radius?)

SkialBagel

Mildly Menacing Medic
There is/was a gamemode called zombie survival, the zombies that got auto'd were "juggernauts" (buffed zombies)
could make it so their enzymes are team orientated, with some downsides for some enzymes
Scout:
- Speed boost for the team, but at the cost of being slow yourself

Soldier:
- Battalions eff with + slightly less kb for your team in a radius, but at the cost of everyone who is in the radius to have their melee damage halved.

Pyro:
- upon exploding, every zm in a radius gets a buff

Demo:
- needs a complete rework, glueless about this one

Heavy:
-when using its enzyme, everyone in a radius recieves less damage

Engineer:
-bigger stun radius or emp grenade to destroy building/decrease human weapon firerate, but you cant move for a while after using the enzyme

Medic:
- if your enzymes hits a human, it heals zombies for a x amount of hp (lets say 500 for example)

Sniper:
- is good as it is

Spy:
- is good as it is.

A boi

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Would be interesting to have more than one enzyme per zombie class, but should first make one functional and helpful.

Scout: Speed buff should be stronger and add damage buff, even if they get someone offguard, humans quickly look to the attacked direction and send the zombie scout flying, so they are more of an unexpected annoyance than punishing overdefenders, or return to the previous enzyme were it gave AoE speed buff to nearby zombies.

Soldier: Temporary AoE buff where it reduces the stun when you turn human into a zombie and eliminates the speed buff it gives to nearby humans, this would at least give him a niche at punishing doorhugging teams.

Pyro: Make his explosions more consistent on the direction they explode and reduce it's damage, Pyro's explosion will either take half your health or none, keep the knockback that it can give to nearby zombies.

Demo: First give him normal stats in the form of HP and knockback, then reduce the time of the slow on hit zombies get when shot exclusively for Demo, enzyme is the charge with tide turner properties and extended melee range (still gets canceled when shot).

Heavy: Fine as it is.

Engineer: Breaks nearby proyectiles (rockets, pipes and stickies) and disables buildings for two seconds.

Medic: Add healing to nearby zombies depending on the damage dealt to humans.

Sniper: Fine as it is.

Spy: Fine as it is.

Reactions: crubf