Toxik

Contributor
Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Out of the blue, most youtube videos just have very scratchy audio. Some are fine, but most of them are just plain annoying.
I have no idea what's causing this, I looked into it and it might be Java's latest update, but I doubt it since most of the issues are pretty old and before that update.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Out of the blue, most youtube videos just have very scratchy audio. Some are fine, but most of them are just plain annoying.
I have no idea what's causing this, I looked into it and it might be Java's latest update, but I doubt it since most of the issues are pretty old and before that update.

youtube videos run off adobe flash so why would java affect that?

download flash again
try a different browser

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Thank god it's not just me. I thought something was wrong with my preamp or something. It doesn't appear to just be youtube videos, the same thing is happening to me on the black mesa homepage. I assume it's flash.

Toxik

Contributor

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
IE-Best-Browser-to-Download-a-Good-Browser.jpg

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Kinda happening to me too, but I think in my case its just my head phones

PsychoRealm

Australian Skial God
Contributor
IE hating pic
I'd dare to disagree. IE is getting more and more solid. The only thing that prevents me right now from switching to IE is the absence of sync.

Anyhow, question to OP: have you tried to open the same Youtube video with another browser (e.g. Mozilla or Chrome or Safari)? If you have - what was the result?

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Update Flash and your audio drivers as well. I've had this problem before and that's what worked for me.

[CoFR]Mirlen

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Scratchy audio is usually clipping. Give example videos that are doing it. Does it happen on any other machines? How are you listening? Speakers? Headphones? Verify you're using the proper jacks with the proper devices.

Toxik

Contributor

Over half of any video I watch (pretty much youtube only, no problems with netflix) are scratchy. I use Bose speakers, which are USB connected so I can't really get the wrong jack