JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I am at a lost with this newly developed issue i have. As of 24 hours ago when i go to YouTube or play a video linked to YouTube they will not load nor play. The screen pops up to show the advertisement, but the little icons keeps going round and round. Also the video previews on the right will not load nor will comments. It does it for both IE and Firefox. Here is what i have done so far.

Uninstalled Firefox & rebooted and did a fresh install
Uninstalled all Adobe & rebooted and did a fresh install
Uninstalled Java & rebooted and did a fresh install
Cleared all cache and history
Disabled Hardware Acceleration for Flash
Uninstalled K-lite codec pack video codecs and player & rebooted and did a fresh install
No add ones installed on Firefox
Tried it while AV disabled, still not working
Also tried changing the Youtube player to HTML5 player with still no luck

Nothing is working. I can;t seem to find any more info online to a fix other than the ones i tried. I do know i didn't install any updates within the last few weeks. I did however do a Defrag last night, but i don't know how that could affect it. Thinking of doing a system restore?

So damn frustrating. Any suggestions gang?

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
2v0o3np.png

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
That's weird as hell. What kind of addons do you have installed? Any kind of blocking software or anything that could cause interference?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Open up IE and check your proxy settings.

Also, download Ccleaner and run it. Make sure you check the options for FF as well.

Check your firewall settings. What AV/FW do you use?

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Assuming you ran CCleaner while checking all of the IE and FF boxes, I guess that means its not a cache or a similar problem.

I really don't know then, try what psycho said.

You could also try flushing your DNS. Open up command prompt and type in inconfig /flushdns .

Maybe download Spybot and run it.

Question, are any other not working for you? or is YouTube the only one?

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
I reset router to factory settings, now it works.

Dunno what made it fuck it up in the first place, never touched any settings on it.

Thanks for your help everyone!