krze

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
So I love finding new helpful apps for my phone/tablet and I have always found good apps by reading these types of threads. Maybe you'll end up finding some new favorite apps to use on your phone/tablet.

Please try to keep it to your current top 5 apps and maybe add some detail to what it features. I know my favorite apps change every so often.

• Flipboard - News App
  • FolderSync - Syncs folders on SD to cloud service like Google Drive and DropBox.
  • Titanium Backup - Backing up phone data, apps+app data to SD. Can also push to cloud service.
  • Root Explorer - Exploring the root of your phone and all it's glory.
  • SMS Enhancer - Adds lots features to SMS/MMS; pop up options, notifications, reminders, privacy, customization for each contact.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
APK installer. I use it to get anything off the market 100% free
You shouldn't need a special app to install apks.

Much more than 5, but...

Wolfram Alpha
Trust
Tasker
Wallet
RedLaser
SecureSettings
SuperSU
Lastpass
misHaps
OpenVPN
FoxFI
Dropbox
Dolphin Browser HD
Astrid Tasks
AdFree
ES File Explorer
Business Calendar
WiFi File Transfer

bunnyf00d

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
APK installer. I use it to get anything off the market 100% free
you can just search for apks on 4shared or whatever, it's probably a lot more secure and your device should install them for you as long as you have the option set.
ANYWAY:
advanced task manager
ezPDF reader (i use it to read ebooks instead of buying a kindle or whatever)
dropbox
reddit is fun
steam

also, ted talks and evernote and gameboid and firefox and android comic viewer.

Also there's an awesome clock/date widget called TypoClock.
jYpvT.png

looks like that ^^

KOS-MOS

Uncharitable Spy
you can just search for apks on 4shared or whatever, it's probably a lot more secure and your device should install them for you as long as you have the option set.
^
i do get them from 4shared, however, I had to get the APK installer for them to work

krze

Contributor
TF2 Backpack Viewer
Prank Dial
Wifi Tether
Rage Faces
SMS Backup+
WiFi tether is a must have app for rooted phones. My Galaxy tablet is always connected to my Galaxy Nexus through that app. 4G FTW

joemaster725

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Top 5 would be:

Titanium backup,
Koush bootstrap utility
Google play/music
Dropbox
rom toolbox (run cm7. 1 on d2g)

Also gotta love wifi tether

krze

Contributor
Top 5 would be:

Titanium backup,
Koush bootstrap utility
Google play/music
Dropbox
rom toolbox (run cm7. 1 on d2g)

Also gotta love wifi tether
Google Music is great. There's no way I could fit all my music on my phone, I love having all my music on a cloud.

Doki

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
google music
kindle app (neat little trick, even if you steal books you can still sync progress across platforms)
wordsearch
bbc news
wikipedia

gonna try some of the ones you guys mentioned
:)

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
google music
kindle app (neat little trick, even if you steal books you can still sync progress across platforms)
wordsearch
bbc news
wikipedia

gonna try some of the ones you guys mentioned
:)

Really? I tried that and it wouldn't keep it in sync. I TOTALLY OWNED THE BOOKS THOUGH

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
i do get them from 4shared, however, I had to get the APK installer for them to work
You know you can just throw an APK onto your storage to any location and then use a file browser to open it, right?

But anyway, my top 5 would probably be:

Cerberus for awesome security features. I can have it use the front camera to take a photo after X failed passcode attempts and email it to myself so I can see who may be using my phone without permission.

GroupMe for mobile multi-user chat. Lets you set up rooms and has a lot of customization options for the rooms. Also works on iOS.

PowerAmp, because it's pretty much the best music player on the market right now. Tons of EQ options, beautiful UI, AND MOTHERFUCKING GAPLESS PLAYBACK

GameBoid because GBA games play the best on a mobile phone. SNES/N64 games don't really feel right with on-screen controls, but it works well enough for GBA.

Trillian, because it's easily the best multi-protocol IM client on Android right now.`

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
ANYWAY:
advanced task manager
ezPDF reader (i use it to read ebooks instead of buying a kindle or whatever)
dropbox
reddit is fun
steam

also, ted talks and evernote and gameboid and firefox and android comic viewer.

Also there's an awesome clock/date widget called TypoClock.
jYpvT.png

looks like that ^^
its so fucking pink