Is Starbound a good game.

• Total voters

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't like it that much, but then again I don't like terraria.
If you liked terraria, it's basically a terraria upgrade. Just not my kind of game.

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Yeah, not a massive fan either. I feel like good resources are too scarce, and recipes require too much. Mobs are faster than you, only 2 dimensions to dodge them in, and they hit much harder than you can.

Also bandages suck, and I hate losing 30% of my pixels every time I die. (Which ends up being often if I don't just run away from everything)

Boa-Noah

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I like it but I think a lot of people need to remember that the game is no where near finished, this is beta phase 1, there's 2 major biomes made and not implemented, an entire race is unimplemented, the Hylotl cities and npcs are unimplemented, and just now are they changing the basic code so character's are update compatible instead of requiring a wipe.

It's a good game so far, but I imagine/hope that by the time it's actually finished that it'll be a much better game than it is now.

Anzaman

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
As Starbound is still in BETA, as Boa-Noah stated, I haven't played that much it yet.

But from the few hours of gameplay, I can say that it's interesting game and beats Terraria easily (personal opinion). Can't wait for finished product.

But in the end, I'll probably stick more with my Minecraft.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What are your thoughts on this game?

Would you choose Starbound or Terraria?

Out of a scale of 1 to 10 what would you give it. 10 meaning that you love it and 1 meaning that you don't like it.

I am really thinking about getting it. Especially since Bottiger made a Starbound server!
I don't have it, but I think it looks better than Terraria, but then again I don't have it so I can't be sure

EvanFlew

Epic Skial Regular
>me reading /v/ section
>see steam game statistic screenshot
>check it out
>faggots comparing starbound and terraria stats
>they call it a blatant rip-off witch is not deserving the high playerbase
>they didn't even played it
>imo