Is Starbound a good game.

• Total voters

sov

Legendary Skial King
What are your thoughts on this game?

Would you choose Starbound or Terraria?

Out of a scale of 1 to 10 what would you give it. 10 meaning that you love it and 1 meaning that you don't like it.

I am really thinking about getting it. Especially since Bottiger made a Starbound server!

Reactions: Fat Guy Smough

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't play it so I don't know, but I'd wait to see if it goes on sale in a few days.

There already is a starbound server.

Fat Guy Smough

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
it's way too early to decide that, i've been there since the start of the kickstarter and the game is still with loads to add, i don't think rating it now would do a good evaluation but so far i am liking it considering it is still in Beta

ps: since it is in beta i doubt it will go in sales, maybe i'm wrong

Sharkey

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
it's way too early to decide that, i've been there since the start of the kickstarter and the game is still with loads to add, i don't think rating it now would do a good evaluation but so far i am liking it considering it is still in Beta

ps: since it is in beta i doubt it will go in sales, maybe i'm wrong
More testers, more advertising, more hype.

Drum

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Mapper
A lot of skialites seem to like it. I've played about 20 mins so far and I enjoy it.

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
I dunno what it is but I see a lot of people in my friend's list getting it D:

I heard it's like a space version of Terraria but I've never played that one either soooo :x

Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I've been playing it for a good 25 hours with totem so far, i thought we were at the betas endgame (got kind of boring) but he said we still have like 8 armor tiers to go, and two entire other sectors to visit.

For a beta, i would say it's pretty damn good, and large.

Oran1

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Terraria seems to have a few good things still as i do enjoy it but i would say the random generated crap on Starbound is freaking great so i would say Starbound is kinda better in some parts and in others no :P

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Starbound is really good and i would say worth every dollar i've already got 195 hours and am planning even more
Although i can answer that Starbound will not be on the Christmas sale, as far as i know the devs didn't want it to go on the sale so early in the beta, after all it's only the first stage

Crystal

Mildly Menacing Medic
I'm really enjoying it so far, and i'm not a fan of Minecraft or Terraria. Loving all the landscapes and random gens.

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
I've had the game about three days now, and so far the only bad thing I can say about it is the way pixels are shoehorned into the crafting process, preventing me from making anything useful even if I have the actual materials for it.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The game is extremely fun, and I know it's going to get better, except for 3 flaws.

1. Pixels are way too much needed. (Until you get a refinery with 500+ diamonds.)

2. As soon as you get the X Sector upgrade, you can just fly to a level 10 planet and just farm really high-tier ores.

3. The crafting is way too linear. It's just craft, upgrade, craft, upgrade, craft. Getting to Impervium took no time at all for me. In fact, I was able to skip 3 tiers of armor due to what was mentioned in 2.

Avenger

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
The game is extremely fun, and I know it's going to get better, except for 3 flaws.
2. As soon as you get the X Sector upgrade, you can just fly to a level 10 planet and just farm really high-tier ores.
There you have it

DaivdBaekr

Contributor
Update:
Starbound was a good game for me until someone posted a picture of reaching the core and I spent over two hours digging, slashing, freezing, and bandaging my way there. Cracked it open and wasn't immediately overwhelmed by magma. Cried myself to sleep.

Reactions: Crystal and sov