Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I have like 3 loadouts filled for different roles I play as a pyro, all of them with the Degreaser : D

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Stock weps for pyro FTW. I don't play pyro. Tried to play pyro a couple days, yea couldn't do it.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Tried to play pyro a couple days, yea couldn't do it.
Yeah, it takes some practice...
C4698CB81D6D3EE54C87BC0815E7D9C53AF328B6
: )

j.a.glover7

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Ok you're new so I'll be cool and not be a complete douche till you've been around for a day or two :)
But real pyros don't use reserve shooter, and team players use homewrecker........if you use q key it's pretty much instant switch even without anything to speed up switch time. to me the 3 round clip is the deciding factor in why I will not use one.

I would, except for the minor detail that I haven't found it yet. I'm not a "pubfag" so much as I am a "cheapfag". I don't like the idea of paying real-world money for a weapon that I'm going to eventually find through random drop anyway. And I already know about the quickswitch button anyway, but I appreciate it.

Flaming Taco Shits

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I would, except for the minor detail that I haven't found it yet. I'm not a "pubfag" so much as I am a "cheapfag". I don't like the idea of paying real-world money for a weapon that I'm going to eventually find through random drop anyway. And I already know about the quickswitch button anyway, but I appreciate it.
Thou art forgiven young padawan.

Staying_Classy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why is the degreaser bad?
Pretty much 0 downsides, unless you have to rely on afterburn, which you shouldn't.

Flaming Taco Shits

Contributor
meh it's not really all that bad. I just like base gun better, always have.
My main argument is not the homewrecker so much now, because he says he just doesn't have one yet, but the fact he's using reserve shooter for even faster switching when it doesn't stack with dg's switch time, AND it's only got a 3 round clip.

j.a.glover7

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It doesn't stack? That pretty much blows everything I've heard out of the water. I guess I'll switch back to the stock shotty, since I still need 4 scrap to be able to craft the Detonator.

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You can trade one for less

Reserve shooter has other upsides too, not only the faster weapon switch...

butterfingersman

Contributor
Okay, just to leave my input here...
I use the Reserve Shooter on Pyro because it's SO much easier to get a kill with it than the flare gun. Sure, if you're pro at aiming with the flare gun, you can use that, but the Reserve Shooter is a good "crutch" weapon. In case you didn't realize, using the reserve shooter is exactly like using the flare gun. You airblast them up, whip out the gun, and fire for mini crits. This is SO much easier at destroying enemies than the flare gun with its kinda-difficult-to-aim crits.
Just my opinion, of course. Many other pyros are great with the flare gun or detonator, but I find the Reserve Shooter more my forte.
My usual loadout is stock + Reserve Shooter + Homewrecker for a very support and defensive Pyro class.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
You can trade one for less

Reserve shooter has other upsides too, not only the faster weapon switch...
yeah i use it for the mini crits mainly. if ur aim is decent, u should be able to do some nice damage with 3 shots

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
yeah i use it for the mini crits mainly. if ur aim is decent, u should be able to do some nice damage with 3 shots
I've been using the detonator for 2 reasons
1. detonating the flare near an enemy gives you that wiggle room to do some minor afterburn damage.
2. Flarejumping is amazing once you get the hang of it. it makes it easier to ambush enemies in places which could've been otherwise accessable

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Pocket Pyro (engineer's best friend) on Loadout A - Degreaser, Detonator, Vintage Homewrecker
Offensive Pyro on Loadout B - Backburner, Flare Gun, Vintage Axtinguisher

I'm almost always Pocket Pyro.